The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

My 2DS XL review

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

My 2DS XL review Empty My 2DS XL review

Post by queenzelda Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:23 pm

My 2DS XL review 2ds_xl_updated_pic_by_queenzelda01-dclbl12

I bought a 2DS XL for myself last weekend, as the old 2DS I have screen is broke & the wifi is crap. So far I love the 2DS XL & think of it as a fancy little handheld spaceship. xD But, there's some stuff about it that I don't like too. I mean I do love how much lighter it is then the 3DS XL's & how much smaller the side of the screen is by comparison.

Screen size comparison:
    My 2DS XL review 2ds_xl_screen_width_comparison_by_queenzelda01-dclbjen

Side by side comparison:
    My 2DS XL review 2ds_xl_side_comparison_to_3ds_xl_by_queenzelda01-dclbjny

What I don't like is the dust cover;
    My 2DS XL review 2ds_xl_duster_cover_compared_to_none_on_3ds_xl_by_queenzelda01-dclbkhr

It's a pain to always have to pop it out in order to pop in a 3DS cart, seriousry why the heck is this thing here/ I mean yea, it makes the console look all nice & sleek but.. It's just a pain to have to fool with.

*Note: My husband Jing thinks that Nintendo did this to encourage more game downloads. Which could be true.

My 2DS XL review 2ds_xl_updated_pic_by_queenzelda01-dclbl12
    Something else.. Is that the 'home menu' which is on the left side of the console as shown above, makes me think that it's the 'off button' when the off button is on the right side of the console on the front. Usually with most 3DS XL's the home button is smack dab in the middle, with the 2DS XL; not so much.

*Note: Jing doesn't like how it's not very easy to grab onto the smooth sides in order to open the console up. Personally I'm fine with it, since the 3DS Galaxy is a lot like this in design.

CONCLUSION:
    My 2DS XL review 2ds_xl_size_comparison_by_queenzelda01-dclbj5m
    How the 2DS stacks up.

I give the 2DS XL a 8/10. It has a few things I don't personally like about it, but as a handheld console it's great for what I need it for. Another complaint of mine is the stylus is way to small for adult hands. Be sure to purchase an extra stylus with this console if it's your first 3DS console is my advice. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

My 2DS XL review Empty Re: My 2DS XL review

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:06 am

Great read! I've been genuinely interested in purchasing a 2DS XL (or possibly a New 3DS XL) to replace my old launch day 3DS. I'm not constantly playing my 3DS anymore, but I do still use it often enough and there is still such a huge library (as well as somewhat of a backlog I somehow still have with it) that I want a new unit to use while I do play 3DS games. That way it'll last for a long time to come, as my launch day model is kinda trashed by now. This really helps!

Personally I think the game card flap thing is designed to ensure that games don't get removed from the game card slot. I've actually had a surprising amount of times where, without even trying to do so, my game card has come out of the slot in the middle of playing a game and I've lost progress. So, for me at least, even if it is annoying to open and close every time, it's a welcome addition.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Glad you enjoyed the read. Something to add is that the 2DS XL comes with a charger & a 4GB mini sd card. The mini sd card is just to the left of where the 3DS game cart is inserted. It's at the top & you have to click it to see it come out. I had to google where it was located cause it was hidden so well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm