The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Empty Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am

The new DKC game has been shown above with a gameplay trailer. I like the idea of different camera perspectives, but why wouldn't they do that for the 3DS one instead of this? Face Palm!

Looks alright I suppose, not that excited for it.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Luma Party Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:45 am

Again?
    At least there is another Donkey Kong game...

Last edited by Luma Party on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 am

Yes, again. I would've preferred a 3D one instead of this though, would've been a bit different than just having a bunch of DKC games, just like they keep having a bunch of NSMB games. Doesn't look bad though.

Also in case you didn't know, this is Retro's 'big' game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 am

They should have just made this game for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 1625187496

Anyway it nice that Dixie Kong is back.

I will likely pick up this one up because my oldest sister loves playing the Donkey Kong games with me when she comes over.

It's kind of a letdown that this is not a Metroid game but, there were rumors that Retro was working on a new Donkey game.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:57 am

Retro's "big game"?
    That probably means no Metorid or Star Fox then...
    So much for that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm

The developer direct said that there is one more playable character that they can't show right now.

I think it might be Funkey or Tiny Kong. But since it's a Donkey Kong Country game it might be Kiddy Kong.

Anyway I hope there an option to play as Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 pm

With Dixie Kong in it, it probably won't be Tiny Kong. I think Funky Kong will be the other playable character, kinda hoping for him. But Dixie Kong is a great addition at least, good to see her back for sure!

I also hope that with 4 playable characters, there will be a 4 player mode instead of just 2 player. If there's only 2 player, I'd like to see something new for using the playable characters instead of just being able to choose them.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 am

E3 gameplay of four levels.

Spoiler:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm

They've revealed why they made a new DKC game instead of Metroid:

Well, after DKCR, we had a lot of gas left in the tank; there was a lot of cool things we wanted to do – the underwater levels, the 3D camera. We were just very excited about working with Donkey Kong and wanted to continue that. And the Wii U hardware allowed us to do a lot of really new, cool tricks. So it was just natural – we went out of the Wii version into the Wii U version, and that same level of excitement and a whole lot of new stuff there.

Underwater levels...they already had those in the first DKC game and probably in others as well. 3D camera? While it is nice they have that, is that really something that makes you want to make another one of these instead of a new Metroid game or even something else? Honestly...with these reasons, I'd MUCH rather have a new Metroid game but oh well.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Here's gameplay of some seal boss. Honestly doesn't look too interesting, I wonder if it's the first boss in the game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:22 am

I saw someone doing that boss fight at Best Buy, it looked like the first boss because of the area.
    I also saw 2 of the other levels. One that looked like the first level because Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong came out of the plane seen in the trailer and the other one was a minecart level.

Anyway here is the analysis video be GameXplain.

I think I would have to agree with him that Kiddy Kong is the last character since he was playable in Donkey Kong Country 3. However I think Cranky Kong is running the shop again, Funky Kong might build different things things for the kongs so they can get to the other islands and Swanky Kong might host a game show if he comes back. .
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:00 pm

The boxart for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Dkctfboxart

It's nice how Dixie Kong is on the boxart but, we still don't know who the forth kong is.

Also via PR email.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Launches Dec. 6 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

I was hoping that the game came out in November like Iwata said but, it was smarter to change the dates of 3D World and Tropical Freeze.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:00 pm

This might be some bad news for this game.

Go Nintendo wrote:First up, don't get worried just yet. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is still listed for a Dec. 6th release, according to Nintendo's official website. The reason to worry a bit comes from Amazon, which changed the release date from to "undetermined". Also, Xtralife puts the release date at 02/12/2014. Thanks to KingBroly for the heads up!
    I guess it would make sense to move this game to then if there not planing any other Wii U games for early spring. However this might make Wii U's sell less in December.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Really? That sucks, I was hoping I could get this on my Wii U, if it won't be releasing this year, I'll have to settle for 3D World instead. :/ (not that it would be a bad game, I was just looking forward to this)

Plus, that means it's less likely we'll get a Metroid for Wii U anytime soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 am