The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Page 3 Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:28 pm

I just can't believe this was what Reggie showed at VGX...

But I actually kinda expected him to bounce around on his cane, I mean what else would he have been able to do?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Page 3 Empty Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Post by Luma Party Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 pm

World Premiere, yeah right.
    They could've just put this in the next Nintendo Direct.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Ikr, this wasn't even a world premiere, just a demo. Plus...we've ALREADY HAD trailers for the game...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Tons of details just came in about the game from Gameinformer

Gameinformer wrote:Snowmads are made up of penguins, owls, rabbits, sea lions, and walruses
    Diddy Kong’s cartwheel attack useful for close attacks
    Use Kong Pow with Diddy to turn all enemies on the screen into extra balloons
    As previously mentioned, Dixie’s Kong Pow turns onscreen enemies into gold hearts
    Dixie’s ponytail is like a propeller underwater for extra speed
    Enemies will get tougher as you progress
    Tucks (penguin-like enemies) start out with Donkey Kong being able to take them out by jumping on their heads or rolling into them
    Later, they’ll have spears and helmets at their disposal, so you can only attack them from behind
    Tucks will then come with double-sided spears and spiked helmets, so they must be stunned first before you can attack
    6 islands
    6-7 levels per island
    Boss stage and a bonus level as well
    Bonus level unlocks after collecting all KONG letters in each level
    World 1: Lost Mangroves (rainforest, vine grabbing, zip-lining)
    World 2: Autumn Heights (Bavarian-like mountain, mine carts, hot-air balloons, giant owls, jagged cliff faces)
    World 3: Bright Savannah (tall grass, orange/brown colors, like an African safari, dodge brush fire and penguins with spears)
    World 4: Sea Breeze Cove (blue harbors, sandy inlets, lots of swimming, dodge electric seaweed and manage air supply)
    World 5: Juicy Jungle (tropical forest that produces a rare fruit, home to an elaborate processing plant, jump off jellies to reach new heights)
    World 6: DK Island (Donkey Kong’s tree house has been frosted over, has homages to levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns)
    Will always control Donkey Kong in single-player
    Side characters add to Donkey Kong’s abilities
    Subtle differences between the side characters
    Can switch between side characters by breaking barrels in the levels
    Icons on the barrels rotate slowly so that you can pick your partner
    Offers challenging gameplay

I really don't like that you can't choose your partner, but I guess it's essentialky the same thing anyway. Also, it seems pretty short.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:05 pm

It's a shame that there only 6 worlds but, it should take at least 10 minutes to find every thing in most levels and I think there will also be a hidden world.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Ii've decoded I'm getting it on launch day.
    I'm all ready, MK8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze will be played on my Wii U those two days they release.
    Now if only Funky or Kiddy could be playable.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:50 pm

You actually like Kiddy? Personally I'm GLAD that he isn't playable, I hated him so much in DKC3. Funky would be cool, but what special move would he have? Maybe he's the fifth character which Reggie hinted at at VGX.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:46 am

Here's a new trailer.

The new levels look great and it looks like DK stole Kiddy Kongs underwater move.  Mad 

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 am

"Nintendo of America has confirmed that Funky Kong is to make an appearance in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Funky Kong runs the item shop now that Cranky Kong is a playable character in the game. Nintendo released a trailer for Retro Studios upcoming Donkey Kong Country title which you can watch, right here."
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:08 pm

^ That's what I thought would happen. I still would like to see Funky playable, but Cranky is better so I really don't mind.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Here's some new gameplay footage in 60 FPS:

Unlike with the similar Bayonetta 2 video, I decided not to watch this since I've seen plenty of it already, and I know I'm getting it eventually anyway. Not really a reason to watch this for me, but enjoy it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 am

It looks like every world will have 3 hidden levels and that more animal buddies will be back.  Very Happy 

Currygan wrote:rumour has it there are three secret levels per world, thus making the total number 60 or so (not counting special worlds if there's any)... will be more detailed when ONM 104 comes out this wed.

The latest edition of the U.K Official Nintendo magazine (104) has some really interesting new information about DKCTF. For example each world has 3 secret levels instead of the original games one per world . Also the President and CEO of Retro says "As for Tropical Freeze, there are a few more things I feel we could have done with the animal buddies" which to me suggests that at least something has been done with them in Tropical Freeze.

So we are now looking at a game with around 60 levels in total (6 or 7 main with 3 secret ones) so similar if not larger than returns!

I would seriously reccomend that any DKCTF fan who lives in the U.K. gets the latest issue when it arrives in shops on 15th January as it reveals a fair few new bits about the game that I have not seen anywhere else and is an interesting read!

Source

I hope this is true because, the three hidden levels would make up for only 6 worlds and for the animal buddies it likely means that the Rambi is back and with underwater levels back Enguarde could also be back. Will find out if this is true in the coming days though.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 am

That's interesting.
    I cannot wait until February 21st.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Febrary 21st, hm...I probably won't get this launch day. Seems a bit too soon.

3 bonus levels in each world? I guess there's 2 more than there were in Returns. And because there's only 6 worlds, there may be more levels in each one than in the Wii game.

And I'm also hoping for new animal buddies, although I would like to see Enguarde return because of the water levels.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:57 am