The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014 Empty Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Reggie Fils-Aime has stated that there will not be a drought of new Wii U software during 2014, and admitted there wasn't much to do on the Wii U during 2013. This will apparently not at all be the case next year.

Reggie Fils-Aime wrote:The way we’re going to be different is, we’re gonna certainly have a steadier pace of games – both for Wii U and for 3DS. The marketing activity is going to be constant throughout the entire year. You tease me a little bit that ‘boy the first half [of 2013] was a little quiet,’ and y’know what, you look back and it was. We’re not going to be making that same mistake in 2014. So the pace, the ongoing activity, touching the consumer, and messaging what we’re all about. That’s going to be a big difference next year.
    We already know about Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and Mario Kart 8. What else do you think may be released in 2014?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014 Empty Re: Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014

Post by queenzelda Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:What else do you think may be released in 2014?
    Zelda U: duh. Razz The next Zelda game will take place in space. Oh no wait; if that happened then it'd be a new Metroid title. Razz

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014 Empty Re: Reggie Promises no Wii U software drought in 2014

Post by Luma Party Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Bob the Builder Meets Elmo for Wii U

Hopefully a Kirby and F-Zero game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Iwata said this before so nothing new.
    Reggie did say that a NFC game is in the works so we will a see it sometime next year. I think that a new Paper Mario game might come out towards the end of 2014 and a new Mario Sports or Party game will also come since we all know that Mario Kart 8 won't be the only Mario game on the Wii U next year. A new Animal Crossing game might also be on the way since the plaza closes at the end of 2014 and lastly there's still that third Sonic coming.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Yeah true an Animal Crossing game is very likely to be in the works. We do know Intelligent Systems is working on a new Wii U game, so I personally hope it's a new Fire Emblem. And I'd like to see a new Starfox game.

@Queen
    But I really don't see it being released in 2014...probably 2015. They haven't even officially revealed the game yet, so it can't be releasing all that soon.

@Luma
    They're working on MK8 so I doubt there will be a new F-Zero game in the same year. But hopefully in 2015.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Forgot about the Sonic game...
    I really wonder what it'll be...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 pm

@ Zero: Well then why did the Zelda producer say he wanted to show off some of the Zelda U when he was at Comic Con? He did admit that he didn't have much to show but he would have loved to; so I'm sticking to my guess; I personally think he's sitting on far more then we think he is. ;3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 pm

You may be right, I just think Zelda games take a fairly long time to develop, especially considering it's an HD game. (after all, games like Pikmin 3 had to be delayed by a few months simply because they are HD...) I believe this just extends the development time. But perhaps we'll see a release at the very end of 2014, but that's the earliest based on my predictions. But for all I know they could announce it tomorrow and release it in March, we'll just have to wait and see. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 am