The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3 Empty Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 10, 2014 8:44 am

According to Mr. Iwata himself, there will be multiple full Wii U games (as in, not just minigame collections and whatnot like Nintendo Land or Wii Party U) will be shown at E3 this year that make very innovative use of the Wii U Gamepad. These are under the guidance of Miyamoto, so you know they're going to be good. Razz XD

Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software, however, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles we will discuss other software as well. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the Game Pad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles' core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show.

I think this is awesome. I can't wait to see what games they are.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3 Empty Re: Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3

Post by King Atem Sat May 10, 2014 9:57 am

Oh you mean like how the Art Academy can use the Wii U gamepad, or even the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker title can use the gamepad? It's no new concept there Mr Iwata.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3 Empty Re: Wii U Software that can only be Done With Gamepad to be Shown at E3

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 10, 2014 2:50 pm

^ While there are a few games that do use the Wii U Gamepad in ways like that, a lot of them just let you use off-TV play and don't let the Gamepad have any interesting features. Not to mention that Wind Waker HD just uses it to access your inventory quickly, which isn't exactly "full use" of the Gamepad. (imo)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat May 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Mario Kart 8 hardly even uses the Gamepad so I would not read to much into this.

I think the NFP game, Miyamoto's new IP and Mario Party 10 or Strikers U will be some of the reveled games that really use the Gamepad.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 10, 2014 9:52 pm

^ I know he hasn't really specified at all, but I feel like it wouldn't be another minigame collection (which Mario Party 10 obviously would be) I mean, they've already had a ton of those and they really didn't seem to work out. They need to have full games that make full use of the Wii U Gamepad. If they're going to demonstrate the potential of the Gamepad with the minigame collections, then why are they just going to make every other game available for the console not make use of the Gamepad? (or at least not creative/necessary use of it)

I guess they could have something like that for one of the "near complete" titles he mentioned, since the party games probably don't take much time to develop. (I'd guess around a year at most)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am