The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
queenzelda
Polar
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
Luma Party
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
11 posters

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Empty The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO LINK?!

Okay aside from that, I'm really excited for this game. The game features an open world and no dungeons. (or at least from how it sounds) Too bad not much was shown of it though.

Last edited by Zero Revolution on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:20 pm

I think Link's new look will grow on me and the game looks great even if we did not see much of it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:39 pm

^ Yeah, it probably will for me too. He just looks a bit strange though. I was also expecting a different art style, it looks AMAZING, but it's just Skyward Sword cel-shaded. Aonuma made it sound different.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm

If you notice, Link's shirt is the same as Link's shirt when he gets to wear the blue one from Wind Waker.. Makes me wonder if the Wii U version is when Link is a teen after Wind Waker or something. O.o
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 pm

^ Or perhaps it isn't Link at all. Or at least that's what I think. I knew he looked off, but now Aonuma has said this:

Aonuma wrote:No one explicitly said that was Link.

And he just blew my mind. XD I wonder if it's Zelda in disguise as Link? Or maybe a new character?
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 am

Hey whoever that man woman guy girl is, at least we're getting another Zelda game, so far it looks sound.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Here is something else Aonuma said in an interview with IGN regarding the character you play as in Zelda Wii U.

One thing I have to say is, I never said that wasn't Link. I said 'No one ever said that was Link.' Every game needs to have a protagonist. You have to have a main character, so we create one that is ultimately supposed to become the player. With each iteration of Zelda, we make this main character and it's not as though this protagonist is not the same character all the time. It's just a role within the game that the player occupies."

That's something that I tell my designers when they create the character. Certainly, as part of a series, maybe people will think it’s the same main character but, ultimately, it's the player character. It's the person with the controller in their hands, if that makes sense. This kind of information can just exponentially grow, so I just wanted to make that clear.

I'm interested in seeing something like that (Zelda as the heroine), but I think one of the charm points of this particular franchise is that fact that it's called 'Legend of Zelda' but Zelda is not the main character. She's not the protagonist. But if you ask me what that is, I don’t know. I can't really explain it. Maybe if she's the main character, then maybe the title needs to change.

It makes sense what he's saying, and sounds like you'll play as Link, but choose the gender of Link. If that was Zelda in the trailer, and you'll be playing as her, then the game probably wouldn't have "The Legend of Zelda" as it's title. (although it is just temporary, but personally I think it's just for adding the subtitle later on)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:35 pm

I think he's just trolling people at this point. I thought it was normal Link or a female Link though even though Link does not use bows as a main weapon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Yeah, and it looks like the bow Zelda would have, not Link. But Aonuma did confirm it was Link, so I guess that's it. Razz I'd still like to see Zelda playable, but I guess she could still possibly be playable in a 2-player mode. (if there is one)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:23 pm

It seems like this game will have a different take on clearing puzzle-solving.

Kotaku wrote:KOTAKU: I just have to slip in one question that a lot of people are wondering—Mr. Aonuma, you've talked a lot about changing traditions and shifting away from the series formulas. Can you give me one example of a tradition that people are familiar with in Zelda that you've changed in a big way for the new Zelda that you're working on for next year?

Aonuma: So you know we've talked a little bit today about the puzzle-solving element in Zelda, and how that's kinda taken a different shape in Hyrule Warriors. But I think people have come to just assume that puzzle-solving will exist in a Zelda game, and I kinda wanna change that, maybe turn it on its ear.

As a player progresses through any game, they're making choices. They're making to hopefully logical choices to progress them in the game. And when I hear 'puzzle solving' I think of like moving blocks so that a door opens or something like that. But I feel like making those logical choices and taking information that you received previously and making decisions based on that can also be a sort of puzzle-solving. So I wanna kinda rethink or maybe reconstruct the idea of puzzle-solving within the Zelda universe.

Source

I can't wait to see the new way to clear puzzles.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Maybe he's talking about how you'll be able to solve puzzles from multiple directions? Since the game is open world, that would make sense. So there would be multiple ways to solve each puzzle. Or it could be something else...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Could this game have a 2 player mode?

Eiji Aonuma wrote:The two-player functionality of Hyrule Warriors is actually something that has traditionally been done in the Dynasty Warriors series, but they’ve changed because of the hardware and the second screen on your GamePad. Instead of having a splitscreen on the television, you have one-player playing on the television and one on the GamePad. When I was talking back about making Zelda more than just a single-player experience? That’s something you will see in the future, maybe next year.

Source

I think we were talking about ideas were one person plays as Link with the other playing as Zelda a while ago. So it would be cool if a 2 player player mode is like that and something like the mode in Mario Galaxy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Yeah, we did talk about a 2-player mode when Aonuma first said Zelda Wii U was in development. I think it would be really cool to add that to the game, although I'm not quite sure how it would work in the main game. Maybe just as a separate mode or something.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Here's yet another quote from an interview with Aonuma, about the size of the world:

MMGN: This is the first truly open world in a Zelda game — you showed how Zelda has progressed since the NES in terms of map layout and movement — so in the biggest world yet, how “big” can we expect?

Mr. Aonuma: In terms of the scale of the new Zelda world on Wii U, I always think of Kyoto as my base.

MMGN: How do you plan to reward players for exploring this world? Is it in terms of unique areas to visually enjoy or weapons and upgrades that otherwise won’t be found?

Mr. Aonuma: I guess the reward for exploring the world will be the acquired experience.
    You always need to make a plan when you’re travelling, even in real life you need to decide if you’re going to drive or take the train, and the decisions you make impact your experience. You could start walking and realise you can’t get to a place by walking so you regret it and learn something, like realising there’s an obstacle that has to be overcome in a different way.

In the Zelda world, in the process of overcoming that obstacle, you’ll definitely acquire new experiences and sometimes new abilities. In the process of planning and executing to get to your goal, you’ll become more familiar with the terrain and you’ll acquire new abilities and new knowledge that will help you progress even further in the game, just like in real life.

It almost sounds like you won't gain new weapons and whatnot as you go through. But maybe you'll have a sword, bow, and a couple other weapons all from the start of the game? He makes it sound like in each area you go to, you'll come across a new thing you learn to do. Like, if you go up to a river, you can learn to swim in it. Or something like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 am