The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
queenzelda
Polar
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
Luma Party
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
11 posters

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 9 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 pm

So Breath of the Wild has also had OUTSTANDING critical acclaim, ridiculously good reviews and review scores. It's not really a surprise but it is awesome to hear.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 9 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Polar Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 am

I kinda wanna pick this up for Wii U but at the same I wanna save it for when I eventually get a Switch... Decisions, decisions
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm getting the WiiU version, since I'm not getting a Switch until next year.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:04 am

I'll be waiting until I can get a Switch. The other main appeal for me is Splatoon 2 and the indie games to come. The friend codes aren't a concern for me. I really like the idea of portability.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:20 am

I'll probably get the switch near winter or so, and I'd get the Wii U one but I've waited this long for it, I can wait a bit longer. And I'd be worried about story, though I doubt it's that complex of one really.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:45 am

So I got a good 3 hours of play time in while I was between call times and oml this game is really hitting the spot so far. I definitely think it'll get better further on (I've only gotten to just past the Great Plateau) But the world is fun to explore even if it is just a little emptier than I was hoping for, the runes are really fun to use and seem to be used in interesting and creative ways, the shrines are fun little puzzle boxes, and the cutscenes are gorgeous. (even if the voice acting is kinda eh, luckily it's only really in the cutscenes)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:01 am

You got through the Plateau pretty fast.

I have played the game for about 4 hours and I beat 3 of the 4 shrines on the Great Plateau and found 3 of the 4 chests that where added as a thanks for buying the DLC. I also agree with the fact that the puzzles and cutscenes are great even if there are so down sides such as lackluster voice acting and a lack of characters outside of the old guy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:49 am

^ Yeah I definitely hope there are more characters later on, and after finishing the Great Plateau I definitely think there are, it gave me hope that there will be. But even without them the story elements are pretty cool so far, I was expecting it to be not as great due to the whole open world thing.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:49 am

I'm surprised an open world game like Breath of the Wild seems to lack characters. I was hoping it would be filled with the usual colorful new cast. I'm still hoping Tingle makes his return in a main game again despite his notoriety. It seems like he's pretty much done sadly.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:15 pm

^ Nah it just seems that way early on, there are plenty of new characters, and they're all either funny or interesting.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:42 am

Idk, I haven't gotten that far & every time I play it I end up wanting to play Tomb Raider worse. D: Argh, it's distracting!! I hate that everything breaks so easily, though I do love his bow & arrow. It makes me wish I could upgrade it like I can Laura's. xp
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:26 am

eBay were having $20 off all purchases over $50 and yeah, I caved. I ordered a copy from the official Target eBay which also has free shipping. So instead of paying $80 I got it for $60 and then I also got the Link archer amiibo too because why not? so i guess i did kinda pay full price since the amiibo was $19? 

Anyway, the game won't get here until the 16th, so I won't be playing it just yet but whatever. This also gives me some time to finish off Dark Souls 2 I guess. 

queenzelda wrote:Idk, I haven't gotten that far & every time I play it I end up wanting to play Tomb Raider worse. D: Argh, it's distracting!! I hate that everything breaks so easily, though I do love his bow & arrow. It makes me wish I could upgrade it like I can Laura's. xp
    Ugh, you totally just reminded me that I haven't even started Rise yet despite owning it for a couple months now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:24 pm

@queenzelda
    Okay I very much definitely agree with you on the weapons breaking, while there are some that last awhile longer than others, even those break pretty quickly, it's like you can really only use them for a few enemies each. It gets really aggravating especially because you can also only hold like 10 weapons at once. I'd say that's my one gripe with the game so far because otherwise I'm really enjoying it, it's fantastic in my book.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 am

Breath of the Wild has sold 3.8 units worldwide with 2.76 coming for the Switch version and 1.08 coming from the Wii U version.

Source

Looks like the game payed off for Nintendo after all with there goal being 2.5 million for Breath of the Wild.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:29 pm