The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
Kinopio
commanderedgeworth
8 posters

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Empty Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will basically be more levels for the minigame included in Super Mario 3D World called Captain Toad's Adventures. I knew this would happen, but it's still kind of cool to get a confirmation. I do hope it's just an eShop game though.

Rewritten:
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be a Wii U game that is based off of the Adventures of Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World.

Last edited by Zero Revolution on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Luma Party Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:30 pm

I want a retail release.
    20 or 30 Dollars.
    They finally listened to fans.

Last edited by Luma Party on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Luma Party Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker WiiU_CaptainToad_pkg_E3

Last edited by Luma Party on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:41 pm

That's a pretty alright boxart. And this game looks better than 3D World, I'm actually kind of excited for it. I'll get it for $40 or less.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 pm

I will also get it if it's less then $40 and it looks the same as 3D World if you ask me.

Here's gameplay from Treehouse Live.

I really like how they made the puzzles a bit harder and I think the power star at the end of every level might be hinting at a game sometime down the line.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Here are the thoughts and analysis videos from Gamexplain.

I think there will be more then 20 levels and is anyone hoping that Captain Toad takes his ship to the levels like Gamexplain said.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 pm

They said 20 levels? I hope there will be way more than 20 levels, especially since this is a retail game. (although I guess the price could be low, but still, 20 levels is very short)

And he could take his ship there if there are some Galaxy inspired levels, which would be cool. Although it might not do anything other than just allow him to travel to different levels if it's there.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 am

20 Levels, $20.
    I'd like at least 30 levels.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:42 am

^ I just feel like each level isn't worth $1, if it's $30 it should be more like 60 levels in my opinion. But maybe I just love the Captain Toad levels too much. XD It doesn't really seem like there are that many levels anyway, since the trailer only shows a few, and the final boxart only shows the levels in the trailer.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:24 am

So I've been playing 3D World recently and I've done a couple of the Captain Toad mini-games. I can't believe they're doing this. Don't get me wrong I love that Nintendo are experimenting and Toad getting his own game means we're just one step away from Waluigi being in his own version of Saints Row. But seriously full price for this? It's a fun little distraction but a whole game of this? Crazy. I've looked around pre-order sites and Amazon and the rest seem to be charging retail for it, so it probably will be full price.

Yeah it'll probably be alright value with a price drop, but it's still a Nintendo game. Cya in eight years!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:37 am

^ I highly doubt they will charge the full $60 for this. Nintendo hasn't announced an official price for the game yet, so Amazon and other websites are probably just using placeholder prices. It makes sense, I mean, Amazon did list the 3DS as $999.99 before the price was announced. Plus some Wii U games that weren't just minigames from other Wii U games have been $50 like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, since it didn't have quite as much content. I'm guessing it will be around $40 or even $30 since it's just using 3D World's engine, and it's just coming from a minigame we've already played.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ I highly doubt they will charge the full $60 for this. Nintendo hasn't announced an official price for the game yet, so Amazon and other websites are probably just using placeholder prices. It makes sense, I mean, Amazon did list the 3DS as $999.99 before the price was announced. Plus some Wii U games that weren't just minigames from other Wii U games have been $50 like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, since it didn't have quite as much content. I'm guessing it will be around $40 or even $30 since it's just using 3D World's engine, and it's just coming from a minigame we've already played.

Maybe it's a regional thing too. In the beautiful island of Britlandia DKC Icelolly Freeze or whatever it was called retailed here at £40 which is full price for us, and a bit over 60 dollars for you guys. Discounted for you but not for us. Hmm. Anyway it's coming out this year so they better tell us pretty soon what form and price it's retailing for.

It's hilarious to me that there's a possibility this will cost the same amount as Bayonetta or X. Haha!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 pm

^ It's odd that it would be £40 there, that's about US $68, so I'd say that's overpriced for ALL Wii U games there, especially Tropical Freeze.

Anyway, because Nintendo usually gives me pretty good answers when asking them directly, I've emailed them to see if this is going to be a full priced game or a glorified eShop retail release type of thing for half the price. But yeah I also can't see this being the same price as Bayonetta or XCX, that would just be weird. XD
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:30 am

That's over $70 here. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 am