The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
Kinopio
commanderedgeworth
8 posters

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Here's even more info.

PR email wrote:Who’s ready for adventure? Captain Toad certainly is, but he’s not the only one. Pink-pigtailed Toadette joins Captain Toad and makes her debut as a second playable character in portions of the upcoming Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker game.

Armed with a headlight and a can-do attitude, Captain Toad and Toadette must make their way through enemy-infested locales like Wild West shanties and Goomba waterparks. Each location is bursting with puzzles to solve and secrets to unearth. These heroes need to be extra clever in order to tackle these obstacles, since they can’t jump.

These tiny heroes are on the hunt for the ultimate treasure, a coveted Power Star. At the beginning of their adventure, Wingo, a giant, greedy bird who makes life difficult for these timid treasure trackers, makes off with their only Power Star, and even whisks away Toadette. Players must then help Captain Toad retrieve the Power Star and Toadette in order to unlock her as a playable character, and ultimately, defeat Wingo. In the process, they’ll encounter more than 70 fun, puzzling stages while also collecting stars and gems. There will even be different power-ups they can use to their advantage, like the Double Cherry item that makes another copy of Captain Toad or Toadette, making some of those stages even more riveting.

Captain Toad and his puzzling levels first appeared in Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U console. The levels were such a hit with fans that he and Toadette are now getting their own game. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is just another way Nintendo is expanding its universe of games with familiar characters facing fun new challenges.

The Wii U game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 YfkwW5f

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 RKMWvHF

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 W1vtN1g

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 NGsxNl6

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 KgLdLYZ

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 LF3uTnZ

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 FjaGHSr

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 6MCsqZN
    Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 DOLgVzO

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 9xqZo0R

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 PzHyY3g

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 1Ladgwh

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 ZjK17rc

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 YMXB0bu

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 FqiCJFC

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 OpL1rd2
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 5 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:41 pm

I think I'm going to not look at any more screenshots for this game from now on...I don't want to spoil more of the creative levels. (which I did for 3D World, making it not quite as enjoyable as it could've been...)

Also, it's been revealed the game will be available in Portugal on January 2nd, and the UK on January 9th! So it's really only a month after NA, not too bad for you Europeans.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:23 pm

It doesn't say two-player.
    It says Toadette is Unlockable.
    Anyways, the game looks better now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 pm

^ I doubt that both Toad and Toadette would be playing at the same time if it didn't have a 2-player mode. Razz
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:04 pm

All my yes! Very Happy

This game looks AWESOME! And having Toadette is just excellent as well! 

A Toad and Toadette adventure game truly is a dream come true, and I'm definitely hyped for it now! Also over 70 levels? Gosh... o.o
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Here's a new trailer showing off all of the levels?

It's nice that the game got a new trailer but, they showed have only showed about 20 or so.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:55 pm

I closed my eyes for most of this, seriously, showing the entire game off again. >_> I hate how EAD Tokyo does that...still, from what I did see, it looks great.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:34 pm

It was short.
    So, it didn't spoil much.
    The game looks great.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Personally I didn't like the Treasure Toad aspect that was apparent in the Super Mario 3D World; so I'm gonna pass on this game in it's entirety. <.<;
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm definitely still looking forward to this game. It looks amazing and charming to me! *.*

I've always loved puzzle games, and despite the levels looking rather short - there seems to be more than what meets the eye here. 

Definitely a day one buy for me!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:56 am

Well here's something strange about the game from an interview with the game's director, Hiratake:

- idea came to him in a dream
    - originally Link was envisioned as the hero
    - Mario wouldn't make sense, as he could jump
    - Hiratake and a small team worked up a tech demo of a diorama-like game starring Link

"We must have done too good of a job with our demo because during our presentation, Mr. Miyamoto asked us how we were planning on bringing these dioramas into production. He thought we were pitching him an actual physical product design."

- the idea was shot down, but Miyamoto saw potential in the idea
    - this is how the idea was included in Super Mario 3D World
    - Hiratake chose Captain Toad, considering that his heavy backpack would keep him from jumping
    - After Super Mario 3D World, Miyamoto encouraged the team to make a full-blown title

"We like to think that Mr. Miyamoto finally realized the vision we had for a diorama those many years ago."

That's very strange, I wouldn't have ever thought it originally starred Link. But honestly, I'm glad they went with the change, as there's been too many Zelda spin-offs and remakes lately. (although the same could be said for Mario, lol...maybe this could've been a Metroid spin-off instead Nintendo Razz XD)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:32 pm

This a strange thought that Link could have been the main character though maybe Captain Toad get a Link outfit next year.

Here's some info on how many people worked on the game and has a 3rd EAD Tokyo team been formed?

- around 75 people worked on the game, many of which also worked on Super Mario 3D World
    - Mahito Yokota did the soundtrack
    - also developed by 1-UP Studio
    - directed by Shinya Hiratake
    - Kenta Motokura was involved as well

- Koichi Hayashida is said to be leading the new division
    - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker seems to be the team's first project
    - in Captain Toad's credits, EAD Tokyo 2 producer Yoshiaki Koizumi is not mentioned
    - a Japanese interview with Hayashida earlier this year implied that Koizumi had received a promotion to producer

I thought only about 50 people where working on the game though I guess 25 are from UP Studio and I guess we will see a new game for Tokyo 2 next year if this is true.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Wow, that's a pretty big dev team for a $40 spin-off game. But I guess it's to be expected when they have so many people at EAD Tokyo now, and getting help from 1-Up Studios.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:06 am

In a way I'm glad that Link was replaced with a Toad; I'm not one who's a fan of the treasure tracking mini games. I only did them in SM3DW to gather the stars to open the other area's. I can't really see myself playing the full on game. x-x And with Link as the hero; I would have been pretty disappointed. At least with Capitan Toad I feel that the game is a bit more like something that belongs to just 'that character' more then I feel it would have fit with Link really (personally).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm