The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
Kinopio
commanderedgeworth
8 posters

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Kinopio Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Not a full on Wii U game? If I recall correctly, isn't this game a full retail game as stated by Nintendo in the recent interview? Many believed it was DLC for SM3DW, but it was later deconfirmed.

I believe there's a locked door in the castle level that was shown in the trailer. Would be cool if they brought back the key/Phanto element back from SMB2. xD Plucking turnips was basically the core of SMB2 so I'm thrilled to see that back. Smile Also this is the first time to have Shy Guys as enemies in a 3D-esque title.

Though I do wonder who the final boss of this game will be. Wart would be an amazing choice though his chances of returning seem slim.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by commanderedgeworth Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:23 am

Kinopio wrote:Not a full on Wii U game? If I recall correctly, isn't this game a full retail game as stated by Nintendo in the recent interview? Many believed it was DLC for SM3DW, but it was later deconfirmed.

I believe there's a locked door in the castle level that was shown in the trailer. Would be cool if they brought back the key/Phanto element back from SMB2. xD Plucking turnips was basically the core of SMB2 so I'm thrilled to see that back. Smile Also this is the first time to have Shy Guys as enemies in a 3D-esque title.

Though I do wonder who the final boss of this game will be. Wart would be an amazing choice though his chances of returning seem slim.

I think what Zero means by a "full on Wii U game" is a regular retail pricing of $60. Considering what this game is and where it came from, then it's far more likely for it to be $30 or $40. If they charge full price for it and release it Novemberish time then they're just asking for it to flop.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:21 am

Splatoon?
    I find that game just plain stupid.
    Squids paintballing each other.

Anyway, I found this game good, but there was no real big reveal this year.

Last edited by Luma Party on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:19 pm

commanderedgeworth wrote:
    Kinopio wrote:Not a full on Wii U game? If I recall correctly, isn't this game a full retail game as stated by Nintendo in the recent interview? Many believed it was DLC for SM3DW, but it was later deconfirmed.

I think what Zero means by a "full on Wii U game" is a regular retail pricing of $60. Considering what this game is and where it came from, then it's far more likely for it to be $30 or $40. If they charge full price for it and release it Novemberish time then they're just asking for it to flop.
    This is exactly what I meant. While it may be a full game in the sense that it's not DLC or something like that, it isn't a full-priced Wii U game. I also can't see this doing well if they decided to price it that high, it might have enough levels to make it worth more money than it seems, but it is just using the 3D World engine and is just more Captain Toad levels from 3D World.

Luma Party wrote:Splatoon?
    I find that game just plain stupid.
    Squids paintballing each other.

Anyway, I found this game good, but there was no real big reveal this year.
    Well obviously you're not into shooters, which is fine. Neither am I, it just looks like so much fun to me. XD

But unless you're only talking about Microsoft, there were plenty of big game reveals at E3 this year. I'm assuming you just mean Nintendo, they had Zelda (which is probably the biggest game on Wii U yet) and a new Star Fox that people have been wanting for over a decade. But I'm not counting the tons of other games they revealed from smaller franchises. (like Kirby or new IPs like Splatoon and S.T.E.A.M.) I mean compare it to last year where all they showed was a new Mario (that was disappointing to most at the time), Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. that we all knew were coming anyway.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Ah, I see now. Apologies about misreading that.

That's very true, many jumped off the boat literally when the idea of the game being sold at full retail price of $60 was presented. Fortunately, it's been revealed to be considerably cheaper. 

Regardless, I love the charm of this game. So simplistic; yet, to the point as many Nintendo games used to be in the past eras. ^_^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Kinopio wrote:Ah, I see now. Apologies about misreading that.

That's very true, many jumped off the boat literally when the idea of the game being sold at full retail price of $60 was presented. Fortunately, it's been revealed to be considerably cheaper. 

Regardless, I love the charm of this game. So simplistic; yet, to the point as many Nintendo games used to be in the past eras. ^_^
    Well the price hasn't been confirmed yet, it's just that most retailers have it listed for $40 (US), so I'm kind of assuming there. (unless it was confirmed by Nintendo and I had no idea XD) I know I would never even consider buying this at full price, not that I don't think I'll enjoy the game, just because I feel like they'd be ripping people off.

Not just the past, Nintendo games in general tend to have a lot of charm. Although considering this is coming from the Mario series where, in my opinion, it has been lacking the last few years with these newer Mario games, it is nice to see.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:00 am

That's very true Zero. I really haven't been playing a whole lot of games in general lately due to not having enough time as of late; however, you're right. Nintendo games in general do present a great charm.

Though the point of Mario games lacking that original charm and surprise it had in the past has indeed dwindled in the recent years. Even games like SM3DW (which was a blast to play I admit) just didn't seem to be as motivating or "new" as past Mario games were presented as (ie Super Mario Sunshine, the Galaxy series). Recent Mario titles have been following the design of the NSMB series, but let's hope that changes soon.

Captain Toad is certainly the game I'm looking forward to this year (tied alongside Smash Bros.). As Captain Toad always says, "time for adventure!" XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 am

^ Yeah, and it really annoys me. I hated 3D Land, but I can see how that style of 3D Mario game is well-suited for a handheld. But then I expected them to go back to a more traditional 3D Mario game for Wii U rather than another NSMB-esque one, and that didn't happen. Kind of makes me wish EAD Tokyo 2 would stop developing the 3D Mario games...

But anyway, that's something else entirely. XD Yeah this does look great and I can't wait to play it this year. (assuming it isn't also delayed in NA...and assuming it isn't over $40... Razz)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Here are the levels from the Treehouse.

Those levels look really great and it's cool how there's different extra things you can do in the levels.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Now I don't want to spoil myself, but is there any new info other than just new levels they showed? Thanks for telling me if there is.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Extremely unfortunate that they only spent less than 10 minutes on this game. Also the fact that the Nintendo reps DIRECTLY said to not show the menu on the stream - they're definitely hiding something HUGE for the game...

The game looks completely revamped from the Captain Toad icon to the world looks. Captain Toad's star-get animation is so adorable too! XD

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 Tumblr_nbt9c6R3h21rxcsyvo1_500

New stuff:

Also Blue Toad from the Toad Brigade is confirmed:

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 Glasses-toad-png

New icon for Captain Toad and diamonds now have eyes:

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 New-ui-png

Bird boss?

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 Tumblr_nbulb2oKQ71rxcsyvo1_250

Spinwheel functions:

Captain - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 3 Spinwheel-turning-png

Source - Smashboards

Lava level looks awesome! Actually made the Nintendo rep ragequit. XDD

Also the beach theme is from SM3DL. :0 Loved that theme!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:17 pm

^ If they didn't want to show the menu, perhaps it's some kind of new mode or something like that? Obviously, there's something else there that they don't want to reveal yet, if there wasn't, they wouldn't have kept the menu hidden. Razz I wonder what it is though. I can't really think of anything they could do with another mode, unless it has to do with the Amiibo features.

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

@Zero One of the older posts but you said Zelda is the biggest game on the Wii U yet.
    SSB, Mario Kart 8, etc. will sell more.

And, is it just me or have Nintendo held back way too much with this game.
    Two months away and we barely know anything about it.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Luma Party wrote:And, is it just me or have Nintendo held back way too much with this game. Two months away and we barely know anything about it.
    That's what's called waiting until the last minute to show it at the next Nintendo Direct so you won't forget that it's releasing. I mean we are children's & we all are going to some how magically forget when Nintendo is releasing their games or something. I mean it's not like we all actually have brains & can remember the last time some thing was announced. xp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm