The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator)

DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario - New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator) Empty New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator)

Post by DerpyTheToad Wed May 20, 2015 5:15 pm

(Wasn't so sure where to put this. If this ends up being in the wrong topic, I will contact the admin to move it to the right topic.)

Last Monday, a person by the name of The Ankle Destroyer released a special "hack" for Super Mario 64. This hack replaces Mario with Toad, making the hack be named "Super Toad 67", which is a reference to one of the games Vinesauce played a year ago under the same name.

This is a video showing the features of Super Toad 67. Everything about Mario was replaced by Toad. The Model. Sound Files. Everything! As listed in a comment, the creator commented that half of the reason he did this was so SM64 YouTubers (Ex. SMG4) could have a better model of Toad and be able to use Toad anywhere in the game, as the old model could only be messed with outside of the castle.

The Ankle Destroyer said in the description of this video that it could be used without permission, but someone else couldn't take the credit. One of the very first YouTubers to use this model before it was released was MJacobBarker. One of the very first YouTubers to use this model when it was released was Geofcraze 634 in his SM64 Short titled Toad's Towel. 

The creator of this character hack is also known to create character hacks of Toadette, Shy Guy, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Bowser, Yoshi, and even Ness, which should all be released this year in 2015, or through 2016. He is also known for currently making two map hacks for SM64. Super Toad 64 and Super Mario Land 64.

Here is the link to download this Toad Character Hack (You MUST have an Nintendo 64 emulator and Super Mario 64):
    http://www.dolpicarchives.net/mods.html
    Go to the "The Super Mario 64 Character Pack" and select the "Downloads Page!"

Mario - New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator) Characters
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario - New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator) Empty Re: New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator)

Post by Luma Party Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

I moved it to the correct board for you, since it is, kind of a Mario platformer.

DerpyTheToad
    DerpyTheToad
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Directly.

User Points : 280
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mario - New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator) Empty Re: New Toad Model for Super Mario 64? (Emulator)

Post by DerpyTheToad Wed May 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Luma Party wrote:I moved it to the correct board for you, since it is, kind of a Mario platformer.

Oh, thanks.  Wink
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Not into hacks at all, but I do really like the Toad model. I'm guessing they just used the ones that were already in game and made animations for him similar to Mario's?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu May 21, 2015 1:39 am

^That's what it looked like to me. I'd try doing this; if I knew what I was doing. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:46 am