The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Bowser498
Yoshiman222
Luma Party
7 posters

Updates

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: Updates

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 pm

And Europe tomorrow morning.

I wish the internet here would let me play Splatoon, I'd lile to try the weapon. Although I didn't like the other blasters so I don't think I'd like this one either.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 pm

It will be a few days before I can try the weapon since my Wii U charger broke. Also maybe we should just make one topic for weapon updates since there's still about 30 of them that will be added.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 am

Yeah, I'm just going to merge all the update topics, and have one big update thing.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 am

Two new weapons are being added, the Carbon Roller and Custom Dual Squelcher.
    Updates - Page 3 CIaJpL6WUAAba8l
    Updates - Page 3 CIaJpd6WcAAmzfD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

Ooh the Carbon Roller? I'll have to try that out when I get home, looks pretty cool.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Updates - Page 3 Empty Balancing Patch

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:48 am

Nintendo has released details on an upcoming patch for Splatoon, releasing July 4th:

Splatfest Amendments

– If it takes too long to find another team, you can fight the same team again. * Even if playing against the same team, Splatfest Points can still be earned. * Only the opposing team’s results will be counted at the conclusion of a Splatfest battle. – If you begin the software before the Splatfest start time, an adjustment will be made where you may be able to begin 5 minutes before the start time (from the start time, you can participate in all areas). * The purpose of this is to reduce congestion that would occur immediately following the start. – The number of Super Sea Snail increases when you acquire the “Charisma” and “Eternity” titles when the team that voted loses.

Special Weapon Adjustments

– Inkstrike: When used, the mark that shows the impact zone has been greatly changed. – Kraken: If attacked in the middle of using this, they will be repelled stronger than before. Gear Power Adjustments – Ninja Squid: The speed of the squid dash has been made slower than before. – Stealth Jump: The time taken to charge has been made longer. – Ink Resistance: The negative effects of movement and damage that enemy ink has on you when walked on has been reduced.

Other:

I'm glad they're doing balancing adjustments! Although tge Kraken being more powerful isn't what I had in mind lol.

– Various game content has been fixed to better customer experience.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm glad the Kraken will be patched since everyone uses it online and there's hardly any drawbacks. I will also try the weapons when I can.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 am

Tower Control is being added through an update tomorrow at 10 pm EST! There will also be a Treehouse Live demo today showing it off at 6 pm EST!

Tower Control, a new game mode, will soon be added to the already available multiplayer modes in Splatoon. This mode will be added to Ranked Battle, which also includes Splat Zones. The objective of Tower Control is to ride a single floating tower into the enemy’s base. Both teams rush toward the tower, which is initially placed in the center of the map, and the tower will start moving automatically once a player climbs aboard. But beware: Riding the tower will increase the chances of being splatted, as every player has his or her target on the tower. Riding the tower alone is pretty tough, encouraging randomly selected teams of players to team up to accomplish their goal. Just like in Ranked Battle and Turf War, players will be rewarded for working together as a team. Knowing when to bail off the tower, using each stage’s features to gain an advantage and supporting each other are the keys to victory. Tower Control will be available at 7 p.m. PT on July 1. Fans can tune into a special Treehouse: Live with Splatoon Tower Control at 3 p.m. PT today to get a sneak peek of the new mode on http://twitch.tv/Nintendo.

The Splatoon game also features themed events called Splatfests that let players choose their allegiance in a popular argument and then compete against the opposing side in online battles. The first Splatfest for players across the Americas takes place all day on July 4 and asks players to choose which is better, dogs or cats, one of life’s great debates. Right now, players can already choose their allegiance in-game and receive a special in-game T-shirt showing support for their side. As players battle in Splatfest, they can rank up and earn in-game Super Sea Snails, which can be used to further customize and improve their gear. The winning team at the end of Splatfest will also receive bonus Super Sea Snails. Stay tuned for information about additional Splatfests.

Since Splatoon launched exclusively for Wii U on May 29, Nintendo has added a variety of new content, including new maps and weapons, and the game will continue to be supported through new downloadable content. Follow the Splatoon Tumblr page, http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/, to get the latest information about new content.

AWESOME!!! I wasn't expecting this to be honest, I thought there would be a new map or something soon. Weird that it isn't releasing until tomorrow, but it should be fun!
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:02 pm

Dang the mode looks pretty though based on the Treehouse stream and it seems like Rollers players might want to change to a Blaster or something with good range.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:39 pm

^ Yeah true, rollers are not going to be good on this mode. XD Although I guess they could be if you're a supporting player...definitely not on the tower though, at least.

EDIT: Moray Towers is also soon being added to the game as a new map! Wow tons of new updates coming, can't wait! I'm also VERY happy to hear there's a map that wasn't leaked coming, this means more than 10 for sure.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 am

^Zero, I think that was the Skyscraper stage...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah it was it just had a different name. I meant to edit my post when I saw what it actually was. Still looks cool though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:48 am

The Sploosh-o-Matic and .96 Gal Deco weapons are coming to Splatoon tonight! (or tomorrow in Europe/Japan)

Awesome! I loved the Splash-o-Matic, so I'll definitely be trying the Sploosh-o-Matic. And I hate the .96 Gal, so I doubt new sub/special weapons will make it any better for me.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:54 am

I can now catch up on all the new weapons now since my charger came in today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:15 pm