The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide Empty Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm

The Splatoon Twiter page has sent out a Tweet saying the game has sold 1 Million Units worldwide. Nintendo has now sent out a PR email.

Splatoon Twiter page wrote:
    News that the world total sales 1 million this break of the platoon went!
    Our research results of squid Institute have ...... softened tears whether that was acceptable to so many people.
    First of all I want to tell thanks to everyone that who have support.

PR email wrote:REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo has hauled up its nets, tallied its catch and crossed another milestone. Sales of Splatoon, the new squid-based game for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, have crossed 1 million worldwide, according to Nintendo’s internal figures. That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

“Ever since Splatoon launched on May 29 in the United States, we’ve seen thousands of people go online to have fun in this colorful, chaotic competition,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “This milestone puts us in a nice position as we prepare to launch 11 more exclusive Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games before the end of the year, plus amiibo, digital offerings and games from our third-party partners.”

Splatoon multiplayer pits teams of four online players against one another as they try to splatter a majority of the playing area with their team’s colorful ink. Players can transform into squids and swim through pools of their own ink to move faster or maneuver up walls to access hard-to-reach areas.

Note that broadband Internet access is required for online play. Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.

For more information about Splatoon, visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.

That's great news and I recall people saying the game would tank just weeks ago.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide Empty Re: Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide

Post by Luma Party Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 am

That is incredibly good for a new IP, on the Wii U, with not even 4 full weeks.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide Empty Re: Splatoon sells 1 million copies worldwide

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 am

This is absolutely amazing news! (Or should I say inkredible :p) I'm so glad even a game like Splatoon, a new IP on a console with an extremely small userbase like Wii U, can still do so well. Hopefully this does show Nintendo new IPs can be successful. And also Spla2n confirmed for NX lol.

But really this just makes me so happy. I know TONS of people thought the game wouldn't even sell 300k lifetime, it's been out not even a month and it's at 1 million.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:01 pm

It really IS about time a new IP FROM Nintendo has been successful. I don't remember the last time that happened. 

Pikmin or Animal Crossing back in the early 2000's?

I have to say, congratulations on Nintendo! (⌒o⌒)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 am