The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Empty My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Post by Nessness Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:24 am

My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Generationy52

You thought Nessness Talks were over when I couldn't finish that Sonic Adventure Matchoff? Not at all. Nessness Talks is finally back, and to start of, we are going to talk about My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems.

Here's how it works. I will pick two of my favorite games for the consoles/handhelds that are listed below.

Nintendo Entertainment System
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Gameboy + Gameboy Color (3 games for here)
    Gameboy Advance
    Nintendo DS

Limits
    Only one game per series can go in for every console.
    And as usual, Earthbound series are exempt here.

The talk will begin tomorrow, so stay tuned! Thank you!

Last edited by Nessness on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Empty Re: My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Cool. If only you were able to try later consoles. (NoK you suck almost as much as NoA >_>)
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Empty Re: My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems

Post by Nessness Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Day 1

It's time for the first day! Let's decide which console we are going to talk about today with this spin wheel. Nope, we are not going in a fixed order starting from today.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems _nELOdkVH2VjrAVHkUdMJAD16KQL9TYy0hGmkLIr3oU=w517-h502-no

Yep, it's decided, I'm going to talk about my favorite NES games today. Remember, only one game per series can make in, and since Earthbound games are exempt, Earthbound Zero will not be listed here. Let's get started.

Before starting, let's see some honorable mentions that didn't make the cut.

Kirby's Adventure is an awesome Kirby game. I liked how it introduced the copy abilities. It also tried hard to overcome NES's limits.
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA one) is a really underrated game. Some people bash it just because it was a Mario version of Doki Doki Panic, but still, the game was fun for me.
    The Adventure of Lolo 3 is a puzzle game where you have to move eggs, get tokens, and defeat enemies. It looks easy, but it requires thinking a lot.

Anyways, let's get into the main talk.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 250px-Zodasrevenge_box
    The first game is StarTropics 2: Zoda's Revenge. I believe I have already talked about this game back on 2014, but who cares, let's talk about it again. In this game, a main character named Mike gets flung back to the past. It's his job to explore the historical locations (The Pyramid, Ice Age, etc), meet people (even Sherlock Homes), and find a way to go back to the present.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Startropics-2-Zodas-Revenge-USA_911_256x224
    The gameplay of StarTropics 2 pretty similar to Zelda and RPGs combined. In the overworld, you talk to others and find clues, much like RPGs. In the dungeons, you beat up enemies, solve puzzles, and find the boss like in Zelda.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 4
    The main reason why I like this game so much is that there are a lot of humorous parts in this game. You know, they add an extra charm. The gameplay is also very nice, it is one of the best dungeon exploring games at that point. (It even beats Zelda 1 and 2 in my opinion) The reason I picked StarTropics 2 over 1 is that I found 2 to have better controls and gameplay.

Well then, let's move on to the next game. This one is much more popular than StarTropics 2, so most of you would know it.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Latest?cb=20100922160508
    The second game is Megaman 4. It is one of the NES Megaman games. You know, the game where you pick the bosses in any order, shoot the enemies, defeat the boss, get the boss's weapon, and defeat Dr. Wily.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Mega_Man_4_gameplay
    The reason why I like Megaman 4 more than other games is that none of its special weapons were useless. I really liked using all special weapons on Megaman 4, especially Flash Stopper which paralyzed everybody on screen and Rain Flush which damaged everybody on screen. I also liked the addition of the Charged Shot. Level Designs and Bosses were also pretty fun to deal with.

Also, the music in MM4 is amazing. Seriously, it has the best music out of the whole classic Megaman games. MM2's music was awesome, but MM4's one is even better. Just listen.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Villager_Ness_and_Toon_Link
    Anyways, my favorite NES games are StarTropics 2 and Megaman 4. Tomorrow, we are going to talk more about my favorite games. Which console will it be? I want to tell you now, but tough luck, the Spin Wheel is going to decide that tomorrow. Vote on the poll as well. Until then, goodbye.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:27 pm

I honestly didn't expect either of those choices, interesting. I've actually played neither, but I do like the first 3 Mega Man NES titles.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:38 pm

That's a really unique list and it's great you enjoyed 2 game series that will likely never see the light of day anytime soon.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Winters Thief Zero wrote:I honestly didn't expect either of those choices, interesting. I've actually played neither, but I do like the first 3 Mega Man NES titles.
    I hope you play Megaman 4, it is quite different from the first 3 Megaman games but it is still fun to play with.

Gameguy1996 wrote:That's a really unique list and it's great you enjoyed 2 game series that will likely never see the light of day anytime soon.
    Yeah, it's just sad. Startropics is pretty much dead now, and Megaman is owned by a stupid company called Cashcom.

Day 2

Without further ado, let's spin the wheel.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems D_CoME1iesYtef9l5j8ZAy06wRv3PW-oPYJRT7Ce4GY=w546-h502-no

Yep, it's decided, we are going to talk about my favorite Gameboy/Gameboy Color games today. Remember, three games will be selected today, because we are going to cover two handhelds today.

Before we get started, let's see some honorable mentions.

Super Mario Land 2 is one of my favorite Mario games ever. I liked how I could freely select the stages like in the Megaman games, it was quite different and unique.
    Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons are great Zelda games, and I really like how they can be connected to each other. It can be considered as the longest Zelda game.

Anyways, let's get into the main list.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Legend_Of_Zelda_Links_Awakening_DX_GBC_ScreenShot1
    You know, Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game. The main reason why I like this game is because while the gameplay is already perfect, Link's Awakening has an added charm and uniqueness on it.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 2
    For example, you can go on a date with the heroine Marin. You can chew up flowers with a Chain Chomp. You can meet with Mamu/Wart, Yoshi, and Princess Peach. You can even steal items in this game! These factors are what makes Link's Awakening so great.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Pokemon_crystal
    I really love Pokemon Crystal. While the gameplay system is far from perfect (though it was still great when the game was released), the best part is the idea itself. I loved getting to travel with all the Pokemon, fighting with others, and trying to catch them all. While there are also the 1st generation Pokemon games, I found Pokemon Crystal to be much more playable than these games. I also loved how I could travel between two regions in this game.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 250px-Warioland3
    Most of you would know Wario is my favorite Mario character. And yes, his games are awesome. Especially Wario Land 3, which is my favorite out of all the Wario Land games. The gameplay itself is very fun. Wario can not die, but he can get 'status effects' like getting burnt by a fire, getting fat by eating donuts, and even turning into the zombie. It is kinda amusing to see Wario getting affected by these stuff.

You had to use these special effects wisely to collect all the treasure. It required thinking, and that's what I really liked about this game. This game both required action skills and thinking in order to progress. Also, the bosses of this game were all awesome. There was even a boss where you had to face off in a soccer game. Unique, isn't it?

Anyways, Link's Awakening, Wario Land 3, and Pokemon Crystal are my favorite Gameboy/Gameboy Color Games. Tomorrow, we are going to talk about more of my favorite games. Of course, the spin wheel decide the console we are going to talk about. Until then, goodbye.

Polls Polls Polls
    Color TV Game [ 0 ]
    Virtual Boy [ 0 ]
    NES [ 0 ]
    SNES [ 2 ]
    N64 [ 1 ]
    GCN [ 1 ]
    Wii [ 1 ]
    Wii U [ 2 ]
    Game & Watch [ 0 ]
    Game Boy [ 0 ]
    Game Boy Color[ 2 ]
    Game Boy Advance [ 2 ]

DS [ 1 ]
    3DS [ 3 ]
    I hate them all [ 0 ]

3DS won the poll, and GBA/SNES/Wii U/GBC became the runner-ups by a four-way tie. I voted for SNES, DS, and GBC as usual, these will always be my favorite systems. Well unless I buy a 3DS. Maybe. Vote on the next poll as well, it helps a lot.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:54 pm

Yeah I voted 3DS, Wii U, and GBA. Wii U is more for the console itself and the fact that it has Splatoon, whereas 3DS and GBA and more due to the huge library of fantastic games. (of course, Wii U has quite a few great ones as well) I love pretty much every one you listed though.

Nice choices, those ones were more expected than the NES ones. Link's Awakening is my favorite of the 3, but the others are pretty cool too. I'm just not the biggest Pokemon fan.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 am

I voted for SNES, GCN, GBA, Wii, 3DS and Wii U since I enjoyed the games the most on those systems.

I would say Pokemon Crystal is the best out of the three for me since I liked the Gen 2 a bit. All of the other games are great as while though.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:11 am

There is no talk for today, I have been busy going out and eating dinner for birthday and stuff thank you.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:04 am

Day 3

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems KxDoRYDhhxrwyarFv9cyqj-xEuI2RG8Hmma679X59QA=w527-h496-no

Oh, the DS.... it still gives me good memories, since this was my first Nintendo handheld, I think. Our generation in Korean grew up with the DS. It would be fun to choose games for it.

Let's see the honorable mentions first, though.

Super Mario 64 DS is a very good remake of the original. I loved trying to get all 150 starts in this game.
    Animal Crossing: Wild World is a very fun game. I loved talking and doing things with the animals in that game. I even made a walkthrough of this back then.
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Prosecutor's Path was actually not released in the US, but I just played it using a Korean patch. Investigating as Miles Edgeworth is very fun, and the game's storyline is really captivating.

Anyways, let's get into the main list.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Screenshot_2014-11-11-22-46-03
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is a great game. Basically, it's a dungeon crawler game, where you can play as Pokemon. You can also use Pokemon moves, as it's a Pokemon game, you know. While this type of gameplay might not be for everyone, it was very fun to play for me.

Also, the storyline is very fun to go through. There are many memorable moments, and it is so nice seeing the friendship between you and your Pokemon partner. (I won't spoil it for you) Moreover, there are many memorable characters like Bidoof (you will get to learn he is actually a great Pokemon if you play through this), the mysterious Treecko, and the awesome Guildmaster Wigglytuff.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Latest?cb=20110609062715&path-prefix=en

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 1280x720-Eid
    Kirby: Mass Attack is probably my favorite Kirby game. I really love the idea that you can move 10 Kirbys at once. The stage and the boss designs were also pretty well-done. One fun stage made you ride on a hot air balloon, and change its direction by moving the Kirbys inside the balloon. And the awesome Dedede fight made you have to toss the time bombs back at Dedede to defeat him.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Kirby_Mass_Attack_-_Rey_Dedede
    The minigames of this game are also awesome. You get a pinball game, an RPG + timing game, a shooter game, a whack-a-mole game, and a lot more games as an extra for the main game! I usually do not care for minigames in a video game, but Kirby Mass Attack's minigames are so fun and polished, that these games even feel like a separate game overall. It felt like I got 3 or 4 games when I just bought a single game, when I unlocked these minigames.

Anyways, Kirby: Mass Attack and Explorers of Sky are my favorite DS games. The next console will be chosen by, of course, the spin wheel. Until then, goodbye.

Polls are awesome!
    What's your favorite game from the three favorites+honorable mentions I chose today?
    Wario Land 3 [ 1 ]
    Pokemon Crystal [ 3 ]
    Link's Awakening [ 2 ]
    Super Mario Land 2 [ 2 ]

Oracle Games [ 0 ]

Pokemon Crystal won, and Link's Awakening + Super Mario Land 2 were tied for runner-ups. I'm kinda surprised that Oracle Games got no votes, though. I voted for the first three ones, by the way. Please vote on the next poll as well, it helps me a lot.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:30 am

One more thing- one episode will be a double day episode to compensate for the missing yesterday.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:50 am

I have not played any of the DS Kirby games yet. I would likely enjoy Mass Attack the most though it seems  like the most unique from what I have seen.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:54 am

The only DS Kirby game I've played is Squeak Squad, but I voted for Mass Attack as it'd likely be my favorite if I had played it. It looks really unique and fun.

Interesting choices Nessness. :3
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Day 4

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems LB-KQ1fnDgl-YaTv1empu7HmKdchIX5c4She6KJDtBs=w556-h504-no

Oh, what a close spin... if the wheel stopped one second before, we would have looked at SNES games today.

The Nintendo 64. It was not Nintendo's best console, but it still had a lot of masterpieces in it. Let's see the honorable mentions first.

Everybody loves Ocarina of Time, and I also really like that game. It was surprisingly great for one of the earliest 3D games, and there were many memorable events and dungeons.
    Super Mario 64 is one of the best Mario games ever. Getting the 120 stars was fun to do.

Well then, let's get started.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Uckdv1hg7bvuo7mcav6m

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems MeNIeGe
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. What I like about this game is the well-known time limit, where the moon will destroy everything in 3 days. Some people like this system, and some people don't. I'm one of the ones who really like the 3 day time limit system. It was a very fresh idea, and I like how people's personalities change as the time changes. All the villagers don't care about the moon on Day 1, but on the last 12 hours, most of them lose hope and give up.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems MM_Masks
    I also liked the variety of masks you can put on and off in this game. Also, there were many memorable events in this game, like the alien invasion at Romani Ranch, and the famous Anju and Kafei event. Overall, I like Majora's Mask for having memorable events and a fresh time limit concept. I hope a sequel like this gets released one day, though that doesn't seem likely since not everybody likes the time limit system.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems Kirby64-22

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems 1156046576486
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards looks like a normal game at first, but it is actually one of the most unique Kirby games ever. It is all thanks to this game's copy ability system, where you can actually mix two copy abilities at once. My favorite mix abilities were the refrigerator (ice + spark), ice rink skates (ice + cutter), and the swiss army knife (needle + needle). There were lots of creative abilities made by this copy ability system, which I really liked.

favorite - My Favorite Games for Nintendo Game Systems NINTENDO64--Kirby%2064%20%20The%20Crystal%20Shards_Dec21%2010_42_43
    The levels of this game were also fun to play with. There were levels like a department store, a creepy factory, and more, and all of them were unique from each other in my opinion. I also liked how Kirby travels with Adeline (who paints things to help Kirby), King Dedede (who piggy-backs Kirby at certain locations), and Waddle Dee (who drives vehicles to assist Kirby) in this game. The only flaw of this game is that is pretty short, much like Zelda Minish Cap.

Anyways, my favorite games were Majora's Mask and Kirby 64. Now only two consoles are left, the Gameboy Advance and the Super Nintendo. Tomorrow's episode is going to be a double day episode, so we are going to talk about both consoles tomorrow. Until then, goodbye.

Polls!!!!

What's your favorite DS Kirby Game?
    Canvas Curse/Magic Paintbrush [ 0 ]
    Squeak Squad/Mouse Attack [ 0 ]
    Mass Attack [ 4 ]
    Kirby is not fluffy and not cute [ 0 ]

I actually did not put in Super Star Ultra here, but it is because it was a remake, and I wanted to put only the original Kirby games here. Anyways, Mass Attack wins by getting a unanimous vote. A new poll is uploaded, so please participate, it helps a lot.

Opinion Question
    Since Kirby 64 was introduced in today's talk, I want you to answer this question. What was your favorite mix ability in Kirby 64? There's an ability sheet here, which you can use if you forgot the mix abilities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm