The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

super - Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility Empty Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility

Post by Luma Party Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Eurogamer wrote:"[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion," Miyamoto told Eurogamer. "But even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.

"On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, are always looking to challenge Galaxy and do another 3D action title," Miyamoto continued. "However we can't make so many games at once in parallel.

"But as the hardware technology gets better and advances, I think there will be a lot of opportunity for both options."

Which means, Super Mario Galaxy 3 could happen on NX.

Source

Personally, I don't really care either way.
    I'm sure it could be a great game, but I'd prefer a 64 or Sunshine sequel.

Last edited by 40 Pound Pillow Grandma on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

super - Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility Empty Re: Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Honestly, when Miyamoto says "Super Mario Galaxy" I'm pretty sure he just means the traditional 3D Mario action titles, rather than the 2D styled 3D Mario games like 3D World. Miyamoto has said something similar to this in the past, and has also said they used all their ideas for Galaxy.

I would love to see something brand new instead of another Galaxy. I wouldn't be disappointed with another Galaxy, but I'd much rather see something either new or at the least more similar to 64.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

super - Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility Empty Re: Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:19 pm

I don't exactly buy the '3D and motion sickness' argument. I mean, we're there complaints about that in SMG/2?

I would much prefer free roaming 3D titles if they do go ahead for a sequel though
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I can see them making a Super Mario Galaxy 3. The two games seem to be very popular. If it does happen, I wouldn't really care that much to be honest. Galaxy 2 was pretty fun, but it didn't offer much new from the first game. I want them to revisit the free roaming platformers like 64 and Sunshine were, Mario has had many more linear adventures.

I doubt I'd be excited for another Galaxy unless the new ideas are very impressive. I'd still play it. Could be another fun sequel.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 pm

It can of makes sense since the team who worked the 1st Galaxy has only been helping out with Zelda remakes. I do thing Miyamoto is hinting more about a new type of 3D Mario and he is just not ready to spoil the news just yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm