The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor Empty Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:25 pm

According to Sony's president Yoshida, when asked if the Vita would ever have a successor, "the climate is not healthy for now because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming." This means we likely won't be seeing another handheld from Sony, at least not in the near future.

This honestly isn't surprising to me in the least. PSP was only successful in the early years until DS Lite released and the DS in general finally took off, and Vita is quite obviously not doing well anywhere outside of Japan. (in fact I think it's been completely discontinued in most areas in NA and Europe) It wouldn't make much financial sense to release another handheld, and the PS4 is of course doing well, it would only take away from that.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor Empty Re: Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor

Post by Luma Party Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Good, Nintendo can hold the handheld market.
    Hopefully mobile games drop off like motion controls did.

Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor Empty Re: Sony Basically Confirms No Vita Successor

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Good. Sony doesn't need another handheld. I'd rather Nintendo be the only handheld to be brutally honest.

PSP also only became popular due to vast emulation I feel.

I say this while typing on a Vita. LOL Irony.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:54 pm

I feel like handhelds are going to be outdated in a few years sadly and I would rather Sony keep making handhelds so that Nintendo does not get lazy with there next handheld.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Doesn't surprise me too much, although I do think Nintendo could use some competition in that segment of the market to keep them on their toes. 

(I guess Sony can't compete with the 3DS - but I wonder whether the could compete against the 2DS for the entry-level market?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 am