The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Super Mario Run

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super - Super Mario Run Empty Super Mario Run

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Nintendo has just reveled there next mobile game at Apple's event and the game will be released as a timed exclusive on iOS this December.

Super - Super Mario Run IMG_3701

Super - Super Mario Run IMG_3702

PR email wrote:KYOTO, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- At an Apple event in San Francisco, CA earlier today, Nintendo announced that the leading man of video games will star in Super Mario Run, a full-sized Super Mario Bros. action platformer that has been developed specifically for mobile, and will be available first on the App Store this December. Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto took the stage at the event and put Mario through his paces in a multi-level demonstration instantly familiar to millions of fans worldwide. In the game, Mario runs forward on his own, but relies on the touch of a single finger to jump over obstacles, avoid pesky enemies and capture the flag pole to complete levels.
    At an Apple event in San Francisco, CA earlier today, Nintendo announced that the leading man of vid ...
    At an Apple event in San Francisco, CA earlier today, Nintendo announced that the leading man of video games will star in Super Mario Run, a full-sized Super Mario Bros. action platformer that has been developed specifically for mobile. (Photo: Business Wire)
    “We have created Super Mario Run to be perfect for playing on your iPhone,” said Mr. Miyamoto, who first devised the Mario character more than 35 years ago. “Super Mario has evolved whenever he has encountered a new platform, and for the first time ever, players will be able to enjoy a full-fledged Super Mario game with just one hand, giving them the freedom to play while riding the subway or my favorite, eating a hamburger.”
    “The App Store has made so many things better in our lives — the way we communicate, the way we work and the way we have fun,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “But for gamers of all ages, the story just hasn’t been complete without Mario, so we are thrilled that Nintendo is bringing him to iOS for the first time this December.”
    Super Mario Run has a mode in which the player collects coins and heads for the goal, and a mode in which the player competes against the acrobatic moves of other people who have completed the same course. In addition, there is a mode in which you create your own Mushroom Kingdom based upon these play results.
    iOS users will be able to download and enjoy a portion of Super Mario Run for free and will be able to enjoy all of the game content available in this release after paying a set purchase price. More details will be disclosed at a later date. The game has been developed with Mr. Miyamoto as lead creator for Nintendo. Nintendo is also continuing its partnership with DeNA for the launch of Super Mario Run. It will be offered on the App Store this December in more than 100 different countries, and nine different languages.
    To help iOS users get ready for the launch of Super Mario Run, a free Mario-themed sticker pack for the App Store for iMessage will launch this month. iMessage users can easily access and use these stickers in a variety of ways, bringing a bit of Mushroom Kingdom flavor to their conversations.
    Super Mario Run represents the next phase of Nintendo’s expansion to mobile platforms, following the release of Miitomo earlier this year. After the launch of Super Mario Run in December, Nintendo plans to deliver its previously announced mobile device titles in the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem series before the end of March, 2017.
    About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.4 billion video games and more than 693 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.

This is huge for Nintendo since they finally have a big IP coming to mobile. I do worry about it not being free to play though since there is that large group that only plays free to play games and I'm guessing the in app payments will be for other characters like Luigi down the line.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super - Super Mario Run Empty Re: Super Mario Run

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Really Nintendo? I mean I know they've made some weird decisions but I didn't think they would stoop so low as to release a game like this, even on mobile. So far their mobile games have actually been really good, even if Miitomo is basically dead now, this is a large step down.

I mean if I have to say something positive, it's definitely that it looks at least better than any other similarly styled game on mobile.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Ha! I wondered when Nintendo would release an easy cash grab like this for mobile platforms. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Here's the new trailer:

The game releases December 15th for iOS for $9.99. (no microtransactions or free to play content)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Not sure how many people will pay $10 for a mobile game even if it is Mario. I will likely try whatever the free version is and see if I will drop the $10 when the time comes.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:48 am

It looks fun but uh.... Like Gameguy said who would pay $10 for this?
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:38 am

I personally think 10 dollars is too much for a game like this. (even though there's no microtransactions, really) I thought it would cost about 3 to 5 dollars, though my mind might change when we get the final finished game.

Also I don't know what to feel about this game using NSMB graphics. I am really tired of seeing NSMB graphics, but then again, they feel the most Mario-y in my opinion.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:12 pm

It features 24 levels as well as a multiplayer battle mode and a village builder mode. For the price of your standard Nintendo eShop game that really isn't bad. I mean I don't know if I'll buy it just because it doesn't look that great, especially for a Mario game, but for the amount of content you're getting I really don't see how that's a bad price at all, especially considering there aren't microtransactions or anything. This may be the most fair thing on any mobile device.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:49 am

Here's a new trailer and more details.

- Mario runs in a non-stop sprint
    - you can redirect Mario in certain instances
    - levels have multiple paths
    - Mario can roll jump, long jump, vault jump, perform a landing roll, parkour roll over enemies or pull off a stall jump
    - Mario can also mantle up onto ledges
    - Pause Blocks let you take a second to breathe and analyze the level in front of you
    - use the stall jump move by tapping and dragging backwards to slow Mario's speed
    - use one of Mario's life bubbles to float backwards and take another crack at part of a course
    - this uses up the life-saving item and the level's timer keeps on ticking as you do this
    - 24 levels at launch, with the first 4 for free
    - no free-to-play mechanics, no in-game currency
    - Toad Rally lets you challenge friends and changes up sections of levels from the main mode
    - points are awarded for stylish jumps, enemies stomped, coins collected and more
    - Toads come to watch your run
    - the winner of a course gets to keep all the Toads as inhabitants of your own Mushroom Kingdom
    - Kingdom Builder mode is featured as the game's home screen
    - the coins you collect let you add features to your Mushroom Kingdom
    - this includes trees and warp pipes up to new Toad Houses, which offer bonuses every so often
    - get homes for unlockable characters such as Yoshi and Luigi
    - you need a certain level of Toad population before you can unlock the more elaborate objects
    - a high enough level of Toads will even allow you to expand your miniature Mushroom Kingdom into multiple screens

Source 1

Source 2

The best thing about the trailer was finding out that more characters other then Mario are playable. Now that Yoshi is playable maybe Wario will also be playable as a My Nintendo reward down the line?
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:02 am

It would be cool if Peach was playable too but knowing Nintendo they would be too lazy to animate her dress.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Hm, it does look a lot more enticing now than it did at reveal rather than just a lazy cash in. For $10 I think this could be a cool little smartphone game, I might buy it when it comes to Android.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Turns out there's two other secret characters that weren't shown previously:

Spoiler:

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Apparently, according to twitter there was also a Toad available aptly named Tod that could be bought with My Nintendo coins for the Super Mario Run game as well. Idk if this is true or not, but I thought it was funny/interesting enough to share.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:54 am

That person just posted Tod as a joke.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content