The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Super Mario Sunshine

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario - Super Mario Sunshine Empty Super Mario Sunshine

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:49 am

While this game isn't as good as Mario 64, or Mario Galaxy, I still find the game to be quige enjoyable. I like the Piantas, they look cool and talk weird. Razz Fluud (I think that's how you spell the name of the waterpack thing) is actually kinda cool, I liked to be able to spray hings off with his/her water. The secrets were some of my favorite areas in the game, I like to do regular platforming without Fluud, and you can do that in the secrets. The music is also fairly good.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Mario - Super Mario Sunshine Empty Re: Super Mario Sunshine

Post by Marowak Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm

People bash on this game quite often mostly for the Fludd gimmick making things too easy, the Fludd I feel is fine, I'm fine with things requiring you to hover, but I don't much care for the missions that want you to spray. Really I'm fine with this game, but it's one of those where I don't bother to go for 100% because the Blue Coin idea for me was the worst part of the game. So I like the game, it has its problems, but it's still enjoyable.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:49 pm

This topic is really old, I just had to post, because I love this game.
    It is my favourite game of all time, new Mario games need to take better influence from this and 64 more than 3D World and 3D Land.
    I really want a sequel.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Sunshine, I love it. I always liked the Fludd gimmick. Spaying water an cleaning that graffiti or even spreading it was always fun to me. Fun interesting places to visit on the Island. I really like Delfino Plaza and just messing around in it with Yoshi and the other Fludd Nozzles.

The difficulty is a bit random, Most things seem to be easy then there's these platforming ones that are usually very challenging, I like that but I wish it offered a difficulty setting or New Game + to make things harder with all the missions that use Fludd (The ones without him is fine in difficulty). Maybe it should have been like 64 where Mario loses his hat and takes more damage, he can lose it in here but it just drains his health over time.

I actually liked the voice acting, minus Bowser, I thought he was a bit off. I wouldn't mind if voice acting returned again but it seemed like a one time thing.

Blue Coins, I agree they were the worst thing. I didn't like them. I love the game even with it's flaws, it was a unique Mario game and characters like Toadsworth, Bowser Jr, and Petey came from this game. I'd love if it got a sequel like Luigi's Mansion did, maybe Next Level Games could develop the sequel too.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Luma why do you have to remind me of my 2 and a half year old posts? Razz

I still love Super Mario Sunshine, despite recently realizing how many camera problems the game has. It hasn't aged particularly well in that way, but I still enjoy playing it. I agree with Luma that newer Mario titles should take more influence from this, 64, and Galaxy, compared to the most recent entries. I honestly haven't enjoyed them much at all, they're decently fun the first time through, but past that I don't have fun with them. (which is why I play Mario games, they tend to be fun)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:07 am