The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Link5009
Gengar
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
Dark Jester
Gameguy1996
10 posters

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 2 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 am

New footage from Nintendo Direct.

I think they should have used the 3DS for the Tingle Tuner.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 2 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 pm

^ The 3DS would be cool but...if they're doing something for Miiverse, the gamepad is better.

They announced the cut dungeons will not be coming to Wind Waker HD, as very similar dungeons were already used in other Zelda games. I wish they would have told us that before, instead of waiting until now. I had thought that the cut dungeons would come to this before now. :/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Amazon has listed a description of the game:

In this definitive version on the Wii U console, you can experience the game in gorgeous 1080p graphics, manage your inventory and view maps on the Wii U GamePad controller, and even choose to take on a more challenging difficulty level. With the new Tingle Bottle feature, you can connect with others over Miiverse — comments or screenshots posted on Miiverse can wash up on the shores or in other locations of other players’ games. And if the TV is already in use, you don’t have to worry—you can play the game right on the Wii U GamePad.

What's interesting is that it mentions that there will be a more challenging difficulty level. So, would this mean that the game itself is a bit more difficult than the original Wind Waker? I'm assuming it's another mode where you can choose to play the game normally, or on a harder difficulty.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Can't wait to get the Wind Waker HD remake.. I wish there was a Wii U bundle with this game but I'm a bit doubtful.. But still; I'm saving back until Wind Waker releases before I invest in a Wii U. I'm the patient sort. Wink
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 pm

^ They have announced a bundle for the game with the Wii U, I can't completely confirm it as it isn't on Nintendo's website, but I made a topic about it in Nintendo News. (my source being Nintendo Life)

I liked Wind Waker, but even being that it has a harder difficulty setting, I still think I'll pass just due to the fact that I have the original game on Gamecube.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ They have announced a bundle for the game with the Wii U, I can't completely confirm it as it isn't on Nintendo's website, but I made a topic about it in Nintendo News. (my source being Nintendo Life)
    Ah thank you. It's good to know a bundle will be out & I shall wait to purchase a Wii U then when said bundle releases with in the same week.

Zero wrote:I liked Wind Waker, but even being that it has a harder difficulty setting, I still think I'll pass just due to the fact that I have the original game on Gamecube.
    Maybe so but getting Wind Waker for the Gamecube now a days will cost just about the same as getting the Wii U version which btw WILL be in HD.. Personally I'd much rather purchase the HD version. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Oh you don't have it? If that's the case, then yeah this would be great to purchase. I already have Wind Waker for Gamecube, and while HD is nice, I don't feel I need to pay full price just to get the same game I already own and can play.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 pm

I have the original game on Nintendo GameCube, but I'm considering on getting this game someday. I'm definitely getting this if the difficulty increase is true and the second quest remains.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:13 pm

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 2 Zelda_wind_waker_north_american_box_art
    “The Nintendo Direct video showed a glimpse of the Swift Sail (red sail) that allows the ship to go faster. Those of you who played the original may have noticed, but not only will this sail make the ship go faster, but it will always be full of wind, meaning you’re now able to control the ship to any direction you want, without having to use the Wind Waker to change direction of the wind.”
    “…Some of you may wonder whether this can still be called a sailing ship, but along with this sail and the nautical chart displayed on the Wii U GamePad that works like a car nav, it’s now become much easier to travel to the small islands and salvage points scattered around the great sea. Even if you struggled with sea exploration in the original, I think you’ll have a blast exploring the great sea once more.”
    - Eiji Aonuma via Miiverse
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:13 pm

I didn't struggle with it, it was just so slow and annoying to have to sail between each dungeon, which is the main reason I hated the sailing. I suppose if it can go faster that's good, but also if it doesn't use the Wind Waker, there really isn't much that does...

Oh, and the game will be coming October 4th in Europe. Hopefully sooner in NA. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Meh I might skip on this version & wait for the next Wii U Zelda title to release seeing as I still own my GC copy & all....
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:I didn't struggle with it, it was just so slow and annoying to have to sail between each dungeon, which is the main reason I hated the sailing. I suppose if it can go faster that's good, but also if it doesn't use the Wind Waker, there really isn't much that does...

Oh, and the game will be coming October 4th in Europe. Hopefully sooner in NA. :3
    The wind waker does plenty more than just change the wind direction, that's like saying the ocarina was used only to change the time of day.

But for the game itself, I may or may not get it, depending on whenever I get a wii u.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:01 pm

I would rather get this on the Gamecube since the games on there run cheaper now a days.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:08 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:I would rather get this on the Gamecube since the games on there run cheaper now a days.
    Unless you can find it for under $130 bucks; I'd say the Wii U version will be MUCH cheaper & easier to get a hold of. As for me; I still have my GC version. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 am