The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Link5009
Gengar
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
Dark Jester
Gameguy1996
10 posters

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 3 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:19 am

^ You could still get it for as low as $10 there on eBay. But I'm sure there are other ways to find the game for cheaper prices, that seems a bit too steep, especially considering it isn't rare or anything.

And I also still have my Gamecube copy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 3 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:02 am

For the (very expensive) price of $34.99, you can preorder the Prima game guide of Wind Waker HD in hardcover, gold embroidered pages. I think you can also get the paperback version for possibly a lower price though.

It includes the following:

~Detailed walkthrough that covers each dungeon and side quest
    ~Strategies for defeating each boss and solving all puzzles
    ~Every secret revealed across the Great Sea including pieces of heart, sunken treasure
    ~All side quests covered in full detail and at the earliest point that they can be completed
    ~A cloth map of the Great Sea

I don't see why anyone would need this considering you could just search a walkthrough of the game online...plus this is way too expensive anyway. Maybe that's just be though.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:46 pm

There'll always be walkthrough books available for people that want to just have a book open right next to them as they play rather than having to go online, and I'm guessing the price is just due to it being hardback, it wouldn't look to bad on a shelf.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Well there is also supposed to be a paperback version of it, but it seems to be the exact same price, I may be wrong, but that obviously wouldn't be the reason it's that expensive if that is the case.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 am

Wind Waker HD takes up only 2.6 GB of space on the Wii U, so this is certainly a better game to download as it won't take over all the space on your Wii U.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 pm

First off: I already have a GC walkthrough for Wind Waker. So... If nothing was changed from the gameplay but adding in that you can use the 'Tingle Tuner' & it just takes you to the Miiverse to make a post: I'm golden. :p

Secondly: I always own the physical copy of any video game I buy. So downloading this game is out unless it's download only.

& Third: Unless this title is d*mn a$$ cheap at launch I have 0 plans to get it seeing as I already own the GC version.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:15 pm

The Tingle Tuner isn't the only change, though the others are minor...

You can now access your inventory more easily using the Wii U gamepad, as well as using the Wii U gamepad for off-TV play. And there are also different sails to change your speed and wind direction on the ship without using the Wind Waker.

And the price is $50.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 am

Well since I plan to get the Wind Waker bundle; the price of the game will already be included with the console itself. So impo; I think it's a deal if your looking to get an HD copy of Wind Waker without having to play the sticker shocker (new game) Gamecube price for it on ebay.

Besides I don't buy anything used just I'm clear on this face with every one. I always buy any game I get new; as you never know what your buying into when you get it used. "Buyer beware." As they say.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Nintendo Life wrote:Courtesy of the demo available at Gamescom in Germany, the extra mode will be a Hero Mode, which adopts the same principles as the option of the same name in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It'll mean that you'll no longer find hearts in the environment and will only be able to heal with potions or fairy encounters, while enemies will also deal out double damage. Unlike in Skyward Sword, however, this mode will be available right from the start of the game, rather than being an unlockable.
    So to sum that quote up, basically Wind Waker HD will have a Hero Mode, similar to Skyward Sword, where hearts won't be found and enemies deal double the damage. This time, however, it will be available from the start instead of being unlockable. (assumedly because some have already played through the game on Gamecube)

So this must be the "hard mode" previously mentioned, I think this is a good way to get people who already have the original to purchase Wind Waker HD.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 pm

That's one of the preferable things to add when doing a remake of a game. Either more difficulties, more characters or more levels, though I'm not the best Zelda player so a hard mode may just end me.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:25 pm

It has been confirmed that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will be releasing October 4th, in both North America and Europe.

I'm assuming the bundle will be releasing the same day? Nintendo has barely mentioned anything abut it...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 am

Kind of strange that the game is coming out on a Friday but, I guess they wanted to release the game before other games such as Pokemon X and Y, Wii Party U and Sonic Lost World. As for the bundle i'm sure Iwata will say when it's coming out in a Nintendo Direct in a week or two.

Here's the discussion video from GameXplain.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Here's a picture of the Wind Waker HD bundle.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 3 WiiU_LOZWWHD_3Dpkg_front_webready

Also the retail version will be out on Nintendo eShop on September 20th.

The bundle looks like only the Gamepad looks different and it's a good that the game is coming out early in the eShop so it can help Nintendo drive there digital sales.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Did they give a price on the bundle or was that a to be announced thing, because I feel like I'd rather get the wiiu with that over one with nintendo land.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:16 am