The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Winters Thief Zero
Gengar
Dark Jester
Snowy Yialina
Gameguy1996
9 posters

Mario and Luigi : Dream Team

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario and Luigi : Dream Team - Page 5 Empty Re: Mario and Luigi : Dream Team

Post by Luma Party Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:04 am

Surprised me as well SirYoshi.
    Usually Nintendo doesn't return characters like this.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 pm

It didn't surprise me, but I was really disappointed since Starlow was annoying as hell in Bowser's Inside Story, just hoping he won't be as much so in this.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:55 pm

I honestly never found Starlow annoying. Not even Navi phases me.

I am interested if there will be Bowser and Starlow conflict or something as a result from the last game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Well if it has anything to do with the story again like in BIS then I'm fine with him, I just wish there was an option to turn off his help, as it gets annoying when those characters always bother you with their "help". This would especially be good for players who have played the game before, so they don't have to go through all of it.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Well if it has anything to do with the story again like in BIS then I'm fine with him, I just wish there was an option to turn off his help, as it gets annoying when those characters always bother you with their "help". This would especially be good for players who have played the game before, so they don't have to go through all of it.

Ah, yes. That should definitely be implemented. It should either have the option to turn it off or skip only the "help", like the Paper Mario series.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:39 am

A few key notes from the Iwata asks.

-The team wanted to bring back Bowser as a playable character but, then did not because they wanted it to be just Mario and Luigi.
    -There will be an easy mode and a hard mode.
    -Many females play the Mario & Luigi games.
    more here

As for Starlow, he only helps the bros in the real world so his talking won't be as bad.

It looks like an old character from Superstar Saga is returning.
    Spoiler:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:49 pm

For anyone who actually WANTS to spoil some of the game, Nintendomination have posted the first 160 minutes of gameplay for it. I myself haven't watched it just because I want to play the game seeing as little gameplay as possible, I know I'll like it as I liked the other Mario and Luigi games. Razz

Anyway, here:

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:46 am

The review from Gamexplain.

It sucks that the game starts slow. However most RPG's do.

Also, a interview with with Director Hiroyuki Kubotan and Producer Akira Otani.

CVG wrote:CVG: Without spoiling anything, it's clear as you play through the game that Luigi's mind is full of issues with being in his brother's shadow. Was it difficult to keep a balance between exploring Luigi's darker thoughts and keeping the game light-hearted?

KUBOTA: We do not think that Luigi is just a shadow of Mario. Of course, as an element of laughter in the game, we sometimes toy with Luigi by purposely calling him Green Moustache and treating him as a character whose name everyone can't remember, but in this title we consider Luigi as the leading character as well.

In this game, there are places where you can get a glimpse of what lies at the bottom of Luigi's heart, and we think that we were able to portray Luigi pretty well in the game, including even the inner feelings of caring for his elder brother, so we didn't really feel any particular difficulty in keeping a balance.

CVG: Were there any Luiginary Works or Luiginary Attacks that were planned for the game and ultimately abandoned for some reason?

KUBOTA: There are various attacks that have not been adopted, such as the Bros. Attack and Miracle Attack. Every time we come up with numerous ideas and then choose from these ideas by considering which ones are fun, can realistically be created and fit the concept of the game.

There are also cases where we create the attack on a trial basis, and find that it is not fun after all when playing it, so we have to abandon its production.

For example, there used to be one Luiginary Attack called 'Miracle Volcano'. In this idea, many Luigis gather together to become a volcano, and by shaking the Nintendo 3DS the volcano erupts, releasing masses of Luigis and hitting the enemies. We created this attack on a trial basis, but because the functionality did not work out so well and Mario had too little a role in the attack, this idea was not adopted.

While the Mario & Luigi series has always been handheld only, would AlphaDream consider a Wii U version?

OTANI: As a developer I am interested, but we currently have no plans for a Wii U version. If we want to convey the amusement and fun of the character animations and reactions using AlphaDream's pixel art, I think handheld consoles are the best for doing this.

So it seems like that Luiginary attack made of crashed the game when you used it or something.

It also nice knowing that there not planing a Mario & Luigi game for the Wii U since I think a Mario & Luigi RPG 5 will work better on the next Nintendo handheld.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 am

The game is out now in North America and there's also a demo in the eShop as if toady. Shocked

Also here's the tv spot's for this game. One of them have been playing for about three weeks on tv.

The demo is nice in all but, we should have got it back in June.
    I was still not expecting a demo of a Mario game though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:50 am

I believe Luma posted the commercial on the top previously, like 3 weeks ago. Razz

I might try out the demo since I know I'm not purchasing the game today, probably will eventually though. Maybe sometime soon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:18 pm

I've gone through to the end of the first dream sequence. I probably haven't played enough of the game to know for sure, but so far I prefer the battles in the dream world, and prefer the exploration in the real world.

But so far I am liking the game. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 am

I've gotten pretty far in this title & have found at least 21 Pi'illow people. I plan to go on a Pi'illow hunt some time soon so I can get some nice stuff from Prince Dreambert's adviser who gives you awesome stuff for the bro's to wear. I've also been scouring the area's I can get to for beans in order to get the bro's Hp, Bp, & other stats up as I go along. 

I'm all the way to where the beach area is and an in the middle of a quest to hide a certain Princess in pink. xp  I won't spoil why or what leads to this event but yea I'm pretty far in. Also the battles where Luigi grows HUGE are a pain in my rump. >.< XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 pm

I got all five parts for the bed and beat some side bosses in the battle ring before going back to Wakeport to find the bedsmith. I also took care of some bosses in Wakeport.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:38 am

I just finished that whole quest to find the pieces of the awesome bed of awesomeness. I even made it as far as getting to a shrine that's deep inside of some woods that I couldn't get to prior. Got as far in as the temple & even made it to the spot where the bed is placed; then had to go into the dream world. Once in the dream world I made it all the way to the location where Mario & co are supposed to be able to find the mythical bird of the island. I saved & quit cause I was kinda pooped & it was late by the time I got to where it was. xp So yea. Fun stuff.. Oh I also found a total of 42 Pi'illow people thus far.

Last edited by queenzelda on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 pm