The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Or maybe they're actually counted as two separate stages, but that would be a complete waste imo. (unless they used the regular Smash Bros. one for the 3DS version, but that's not the case...) I guess it's cool that the other one is still there, but I feel like they could easily just use the Punch-Out one now that Little Mac is revealed to be in the game.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Marowak Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:08 pm

It could always be like the Mario Bros. stage in brawl where it randomly is the underground or overground, I'd prefer they allow you to choose which you fight on though. 

@Zero, if the trailer didn't show the Smash one then it probably would've been just the Little Mac, but now they need to use both.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 pm

But really they don't need to use both. But whatever, it's pretty much the same stage anyway, just a few minor aesthetic differences. Because of that, I hope they do let you choose. You should've been able to choose from that Mario Bros. stage in Brawl too!
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:00 am

Here's the pic of the day.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move. This is Fox's finishing kick after his standard combo attack.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 ZlCfzRjhVpUl-CRgz_

I like how they added the finishing move if you get in a few consecutive standard attacks.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Cool, so extra damage if they don't defend themself? That's actually interesting, I think I'll have fun just bashing other characters then getting that finishing kick. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:59 am

Sorry Waluigi fans.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 ZlCfzRju1U4iYf_s_a

Assist Trophy is the best place for Waluigi in Smash Bros since he just shows up in the Mario spinoffs. There's going to be lots of angry people on Miiverse, Smash Boards and GameFaqs though since a good number of them thought Waluigi was going to be playable.  Face Palm! 
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:04 pm

Well, honestly he shouldn't even be an assist trophy since he isn't a major Nintendo character in any way at all, so Waluigi fans are lucky to have that. XD But it's nice to see that assist trophy back. I'm not angry he isn't playable, and I don't know why anybody would be, just because he obviously wasn't going to be playable. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Dedenne's hard at work too.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 ZlCfzRj9aQIdlhFqnQ

It's nice to see Dedenne as a Pokeball Pokemon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:05 pm

I guess that's what he gave us instead of Jigglypuff. But it's nice to see Dedenne as a Pokeball. Looks like he just makes electricity go in four directions, so that makes sense considering it is one of it's moves in the game. Razz

I do think he'll show a returning character next Friday though. Who does everybody want to be shown next?
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Here's the weekly update video by GameXplain.

I don't think a character will be show until March 14 since that's when New Island comes in the Us and Europe. Though we may have to wait until Summer to see the return of are green dino buddy. The Metroid anniversary is also in March so we may see Zero Suit Samus return if her page is part of Samus's page and lastly I think Palutena or a third DK character will be shown if we get a new character for March since there's only one open box left on the Smash Bros website.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Personally I'd rather see Ridley be revealed on the Metroid anniversary, I know it won't happen if there isn't a Nintendo Direct on the same day, but that would be better than getting Zero Suit Samus. They could just have that be an alternate outfit for Samus, and also add in the Fusion Suit and whatnot.

And Yoshi will no doubt be shown when Yoshi's New Island releases. Sakurai has done that for pretty much every returning character so far.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:59 am

Here's what Japan thought about Little Mac.

- The Punch-Out guy?
    - He’s always been a highly-wanted character overseas
    - Too niche, should’ve been left as a trophy. They should be using other companies’ characters before ones like this
    - He’s extremely popular overseas and has been around since the Famicom days. I only learned about him from Captain Rainbow, though
    - I dunno who this is. They should’ve used the guy from Kung Fu instead
    - I think they should’ve left this as a secret character
    - Makes sense for him to be in it, I expected some retro game characters
    - The guy from Punch-Out? Is he really that memorable enough to be in Smash Bros?
    - This guy was pretty strong assist character. So he’s gonna be an actual character now?
    - I’m not as mad as I am dumbfounded. These character choices are such a joke

Paper Mario
    Nick / Captain Rainbow
    Monster Hunter
    Lucina
    Dixie
    Daisy
    Waluigi
    Shulk

They say that Little Mac should have not been a playable character but, they want worse characters like Paper Mario, Captain Rainbow, Daisy and Waluigi.  Face Palm! 

The only good characters on the list are Dixie, Lucina and Shulk. Monster Hunter would also over shadow Mega Man.

Here the pic of the day.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The twin grannies, Kotake and Koume, appear in Gerudo Valley! They're definitely up to no good.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 ZlCfzRk-LJQDNzE81r

It nice to see Kotake and Koume show up in Gerudo Valley in same way.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:27 am

Yeah that's cool, I'm guessing they're some kinda stage obstacles, if not, then why is it that almost every 3DS stage has no obstacles?...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:01 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. The Bumper is back with a detailed new design. This also means there will be no Flippers. Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard.

It nice to see the Bumper return and I like how it also got the smash logo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 ZlCfzRlPKRcB9QPNGD

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 32 ZlCfzRlPKgIcagFzlh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:36 am