The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:32 pm

Woah, Wuhu Island looks like a fantastic stage! I can't wait to play on it. Should be fun, it's nice how it changes all the time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast. The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSozFBw_0Wc5zX

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSozFFoXpUQG74

That's cool how Master Core gets stronger if your playing with a friend and the heartlike cores also looks nice.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:19 pm

I think that makes sense, but it will almost ruin the point of using 2 players to make it a bit easier. It'll really be just as hard since it's powered up.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:01 pm

I probably won't end up playing with another person, generally when I play smash multiplayer it tends to be with three other people.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:55 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. In earlier Smash Bros. games, the Temple served as a prototypical large stage. Now it's remastered beautifully in HD. The one large change we made to this stage is this Hylian text. I wonder what it says? Also featured in this pic is Link in Fierce Deity colors.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpAIjAVXkGOca

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpAIpEHU6A4kq

We saw this stage in the 50 fact video but, it's nice to see that is been updated and not just ported over from Brawl.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Still really glad it's back though, it's definitely my favorite (or at least one of my favorite) stages from Melee. Should be good for 8-Player Smash.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm really happy that Temple has returned for a second time. I'm curious on what the Hylian text says. I will definitely play on this stage a lot like in Brawl and Melee, especially on 8 player battles.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:24 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's another new stage!! The Mario Circuit stage is modeled after Mario Kart 8, so the course flips upside down. On the upside-down course, Shy Guys jump their karts upside-down too!! It's amazing how the course twists on this stage. Of course, the gravity for the fighters will always go downward.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpNQMcDLDH4sK

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpNQTcFVuS6v7

This stage was also in the 50 fact video but, it's nice to see that Shy Guys drive upside down. This track also has some great Mario Kart 8 music.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Oh, I was hoping you'd actually get to play upside down. I guess it's a really simple stage and everything is just in the background...that kind of sucks.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:47 am

Sakurai wrote:
    [For users in the Americas] Starting today, you can pre-load the Wii U version. If you’re interested in purchasing the digital version, you should be able to start playing right away on the game's release day without having to deal with a potentially congested server if you use this feature. Check out the link below for more details.
    http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/YXIh5ldOpNjK_4ROED9rAGIfPpZNLHvA

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Long before the game release, we revealed new fighters with videos. The video quality of online streams is not always the best, though. Luckily, you can watch them as they were meant to be in Movies mode on the Wii U version. You can even re-watch videos that play after you clear Classic mode and Allstar mode. This is a list of videos which are unlocked when you clear certain things. They tend to be short, but you'll get a lot of information if you play them all in one sitting.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpYC7slRGBLTD

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpYDDAiv69Exy

That's cool how people can pre-load the game now though I plan on just getting a retail copy . It's also cool how you can re-watch the classic and All-Star movies for the first time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:09 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Smash Tour is really hard to explain in words--it's tough to give out guidance tips with such limited space to type!! So I'll stop myself from saying too much--just try playing this mode three times with your friends. Smash Bros. will definitely feel even more like a party if you try this out. There are three types of game boards. If you turn on the Custom Fighters option, the fighters will be preset with custom special moves. The number on a fighter's portrait on the game board indicates which custom move set that fighter is using--this also adds to the randomness of this mode.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpjcawkrBvZBD

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSpjciky1NrBi0

The Big board seems like the only good one but, I will play them in order. it's also cool how you can use custom fighters in the mode.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:03 pm

I'll likely only use Normal or Big when I play. I just hope you can play it online, or it probably won't be very often.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:57 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. "Intensify your activity by dodging a rampaging car".

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 69 ZlCfzSqS8xwPUlSuoj

It's nice to see a funny pic again and it looks like different Mario Kart trophies are also in the Wii U version.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:18 pm

That's actually pretty cool, I do like how they have all the different poses for Wii Fit Trainer for her trophies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:03 pm