The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

TNFS Movie Nights!

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

TNFS Movie Nights! - Page 2 Empty Re: TNFS Movie Nights!

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:43 pm

^ Yeah and that's exactly my problem with the DJ Plug service. There may be some way to view the movies using DVDs, Netflix, etc. with it which would be nice, but I'm pretty sure it isn't available.

And I suppose we could use Wii U Chat but it would be annoying watching it through the Gamepad on someone else's TV, so that would be more like a last resort honestly.

I'm not sure if there are other services similar to DJ Plug but better in that we CAN use Netflix, DVDs, etc. rather than just Youtube vids which are scarce in the amount of movies available. (only because of copyright laws)

But we may wind up just experimenting with different ways to do this and choose the best option. Razz

I'll add those other movies suggested now btw. ^^
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:27 pm

I think using Skype is a pretty good option- it looks pretty much easier than DJ Plug.
    Also I don't have a Wii U. DX
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Ohh well; I did not know that. Still; it was just a suggestion. ^^;

Zero the Snowman wrote:^ Yeah and that's exactly my problem with the DJ Plug service. There may be some way to view the movies using DVDs, Netflix, etc. with it which would be nice, but I'm pretty sure it isn't available.

And I suppose we could use Wii U Chat but it would be annoying watching it through the Gamepad on someone else's TV, so that would be more like a last resort honestly.

I'm not sure if there are other services similar to DJ Plug but better in that we CAN use Netflix, DVDs, etc. rather than just Youtube vids which are scarce in the amount of movies available. (only because of copyright laws)

But we may wind up just experimenting with different ways to do this and choose the best option. Razz
    Well tbh; the best option impo then would be skype since skype is free & all every one has to do is just add the person's skype id who's hosting really. That way we don't have to be tied down by what's available on just Netflix or to just one person's dvd collection. If you combine both methods we should be able to get a pretty long movie list.

From what I saw on DJ Plug the ONLY available option that could be used was linking youtube video's. No other option was available while inside the Dj turntable section. If we wanted to listen to music via their cloud device we'd be set; otherwise; watching movies on the DJ plug is all youtube related otherwise. =/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:35 pm

So with Skype you can view DVDs and Netflix? Or are you saying one of us should point the camera over on the TV to watch them? If the latter, then we may want to try something else as I don't think the quality would be very good AT ALL. But who knows, we could still try it once to see how it is. :3
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:38 pm

You'd have to point a camera at the television via skype in order to watch the same movie that the person is hosting. As to the quality of the movie via skype? I have no idea. xD

I was reading about this problem online & some people suggested via yahoo answers that the persons watching just start the movie at the same time & let the other person know when they pause it while on an instant messenger. So this could be another way to go.. That is if every one has the same movies mentioned of course. XD
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Well tbh; I like the skype idea better myself. But the question then becomes: who here would host this??
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:33 am

Well...pointing it at a TV would mean glare, and it would also be nearly impossible to see when the screen gets lighter or darker due to lighting adjustments. We could try to make it work, but I do think that would be a bit annoying. But I'm not saying we can't try it, it could still work of course.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:18 am

There is a screensharing feature for skype where the hoster xcan show his computer screen to others, which can work.
    However this is only for the preminum version of skype. DX
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:06 pm

^ You should've said it was only for the premium version to begin with, I was disappointed. I doubt anybody has that version, and I'd rather it just be free, so I don't think we'll do that.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Well not only that but the video sharing is only limited to 10 friends when using skype premium; which isn't good if more then 10 people want in to watch the movie that some one is hosting. So I agree with wanting this to be a free option; & one that would include as many people that could get into the group with out excluding any one.

I'm willing to host; since I have a huge amount of movies & Netflix to use. The only problem is that I have Netflix streaming & don't rent through them; so I might be missing a few movies mentioned. I'm not worried about it though since I have a huge movie collection. XD (Unless the staff would rather I didn't & they host instead I'm fine with it; I'm just offering my help is all. ^^; ) 

I was thinking that if some one is up for doing a trial run to see what watching something from off of some one's tv would be like via skype. I think maybe doing a trial run of doing this idea might be best before making it 'official' is all. I think that if whom ever hosts the movie that if they turn off the lights; that the glare from the tv won't be bad as all that. Still; that's why I think a trial run would probably work out best. Oh yea; we might also start exchanging skype id information too. ;3 (Just saying lol.)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:23 pm

That's no problem Queen, if you really want to host the TNFS Movie group I'm fine with that. :3 And if anyone else wants the chance to host it and use one of their movies that's fine too, yeah I'm willing to let anybody do it really. (at least mostly anybody...lol)

And about a test run, well I can't partake in that for the rest of the week as I'm not at home where I can freely use a computer with Skype.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 am