The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Extremely Creepy Sounds

Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

Extremely Creepy Sounds Empty Extremely Creepy Sounds

Post by Snowy Yialina Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Okay, these have been going on for a good while now. I remember I used to get them when I couldn't get to sleep ages ago and ever since, even if I'm not tired or if I'm just staying up, from, like past midnight all I can hear are these really scary low-pitched, like droning sounds... They come and go and can last for 30 seconds to two minutes sometimes to only come back a few mins later to 10-15-20-30-40 mins later on. It's really scary and it seems that only I can hear them... (Here's another one and I've had two that have came in just this space of me writing this.)

What do they sound like? Well, ya know when a plane or a helicopter  is EXTREMELY close to your house? Well, it sounds just like that but it starts soft, and then amplifies to a very irritating volume and then dies down. (another one) I can only hear them and they only happen above my room, it seems to be, which is even creepier... It is really scary because this has been happening for ages now, on and off and it just doesn't make sense!

More info: I have Googled this and it seems that I'm not the only one hearing them, thank goodness but people have been experiencing the same sounds and they're so loud that you just can't get to sleep. Hence why I'm here now, typing at 2 am :/ They've been going on for 2 hours now and they're driving me crazy...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Extremely Creepy Sounds Empty Re: Extremely Creepy Sounds

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 pm

That's strange, but I remember you saying something about it in the past Yi. How often do you hear these sounds? Is it every single night, or only sometimes?

You probably should see a doctor though if they've been going on for that long, I have no idea why you'd be having this happen to you.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:That's strange, but I remember you saying something about it in the past Yi. How often do you hear these sounds? Is it every single night, or only sometimes?

You probably should see a doctor though if they've been going on for that long, I have no idea why you'd be having this happen to you.

It definitely is. No, this one's different. The one before was actually sounds in the sky which are caused by weird natural phoneme. This one's different, it's a different sound and isn't just a one off... Yes, every night that I can't get to sleep or if I'm up past 1am. This has happened about 6 maybe 7 times to me now for roughly 2 years. 

I don't think it's anything in my head because the sound is above, all around my far walls near my door and underneath the floor... 
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 pm

You could try to get rid of the sound by wearing ear plugs. It sucks that the sounds are happening so often though.
    Sir Metal King
    Sir Metal King
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Nationalist

User Points : -134
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by Sir Metal King Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 am

The noise is definitely to do with the wind on the windows. I hear this all the time because my room is basically in the roof of my house. 

Nothing to be worried of. You'll get used to it eventually.

The only other explanation is that you're actually hearing things. I've had that problem once, all I heard was peoples voices. It was scary indeed but this would be very unlikely for you.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:40 am

Gameguy1996 wrote:You could try to get rid of the sound by wearing ear plugs. It sucks that the sounds are happening so often though.
     Nope, they don't work because the sound's so loud...
    Sir Metal King wrote:The noise is definitely to do with the wind on the windows. I hear this all the time because my room is basically in the roof of my house. 

Nothing to be worried of. You'll get used to it eventually.

The only other explanation is that you're actually hearing things. I've had that problem once, all I heard was peoples voices. It was scary indeed but this would be very unlikely for you.
     No, it isn't. There was no wind on the night it was happening, the sky was completely clear, and no it's not that I've got any problems :/ It's been going on for 2 years, only in this house and many other people in my school can hear it too, so it's nothing wrong with me or them. It's happened many times, and the times it happens are at random but it continues for the duration of the night.

Before you make a conclusion, get your facts right, okay? I don't know what it is, I'm just surmising, it's something that I and only 2% of the population can hear. It's not tinnitus, and I don't hear voices or anything, so it's definitely not anything wrong with me. It's something else that many other people hear as well, it's loud enough to wake you up in the middle of your sleep but I'm a light sleeper, and I'm hypersensitive, so that's totally normal for me to be woken up by anything like that.

I just think I have heightened hearing down in the lower section of audible hearing and the higher because I hear sounds like these a lot of the time. Some are extremely high pitched and, like this sound here, extremely low pitched. I think it's just my hearing but I am almost certain that this isn't a natural phenomena because it's too mechanical to say it's a natural cause but I could be wrong. These extremely low pitched sounds only happen at night, as well and it's only upstairs... I tried recording it with my phone but it didn't pick it up. I'm gonna try again when I hear it, and check where and when I can hear it the most, and least, and such.
    Sir Metal King
    Sir Metal King
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Sir Metal King Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:45 am

Woah woah calm down Yi. No need to turn offensive.

(Actually, sorry that was rude of me)

In that case I'm stumpted... I'll go and do some more research on it because this is quite interesting.

EDIT: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnEaq4BeFH0

What about this?
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:19 am

Okay, just don't say something is definite unless you have evidence. Yeah, you go do that but I suppose it's the case here that people got to see it to believe it, or you're considered nuts, like always...

It sounds similar but that's not it. More of a droning sound, like an extremely close plane.  
    Sir Metal King
    Sir Metal King
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by Sir Metal King Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am

xD Weird things do happen Yi, I mean, I was considered nuts when I heard them voices which I mentioned earlier when I told people. 

Skip to 2:11 in the video. That sounds more like a droning noise.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:35 am

They do, yeah. It's just annoying because it happens so frequently, and it wakes me up and I can't go back to sleep until the morning but it's too late then because school's starting soon. 

Nope, not like that, either. Not that mechanical... Oh, it's just so hard to explain. Don't search on Youtube no longer, just read articles. This one's great to search. 'The mysterious hum' describes what I'm on about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:31 am