The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Etna
bayonetta
King Atem
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
9 posters

TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015

Poll

Should we change our banner?

[ 10 ]
    TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_lcap63%TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_rcap [63%] 
    [ 3 ]
    TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_lcap19%TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 1 ]
    TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_lcap6%TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_lcap12%TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 Empty TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:47 am

TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 2vrwr2e

Hello, and welcome to TNFS Direct! If you weren't around for our first TNFS Direct, this is basically how we will be updating you on news for the forum, when we have multiple updates. This time I was able to get some of our staff to take a part in it too! To start off, here's our official mascot, Luma Party!

Luma Party wrote:Hello everyone, a month has gone by!
    We've taken feedback and used our own ideas, so we hope the appropriate changes have been made.
    The Staff want to make sure you get the best experience possible at TNFS.
    Remember, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
    Look forward to talking to all of you soon.

Thanks Luma. I'd like to talk about our banner. We've had our current banner since June of last year. The staff and I have discussed changing it, and we even have a new banner already made. However...I'm just not sure whether I want to change it or not, as I actually prefer our current banner. So to take public opinion, there will be a poll attached to this thread to decide on which banner you prefer. So I'll put them both side by side in this spoiler, and you can vote your choice on the poll above!

banners:

Be sure to vote in the poll above! I'm hoping to get quite a few opinions on it. You should also explain why in your response to this thread, if possible. Thank you! ^^ Here's what Luma had to say about our new banner:

Luma Party wrote:Our new banner I think represents as a Nintendo forum, since it shows Nintendo icons,

To move on, anyone who has been a fully active member for at least a year or two I'm sure is aware of Unknown Entity, who will always delete his accounts. (but even outside of him, there have been a few other members who have deleted their accounts, mainly awhile back) We've decided this is confusing to new members who just see "guest" on all posts made by these members after deleting their accounts, and specifically in this one member's case, they return all the time anyway. So we've come up with a new system to prevent this:

Ban requests will allow you to ask an admin to have you banned for a specific period of time, if you want to be unable to access the forum for a period of time. I'm aware most members would rather just leave and return as they wish, however, this system will help members such as Unknown Entity, as well as reduce confusion between these "guest" posts. As for deleting your account from here on out, you may be banned if you try to return. (we're still trying to figure this out though)

And now a word from Gameguy!

Gameguy1996 wrote:Hello everyone, I hope everyone is enjoying TNFS so far in early 2015.
    We also enjoy taking in feedback so that TNFS can become a more enjoyable place.
    I hope everyone enjoys the changes that are coming soon.
    Enjoy the rest of February everyone and I will see you in the next TNFS Direct!

Thank you Gameguy! And speaking of taking in feedback, we recently ran a poll regarding whether or not we should add avatars next to usernames in the chatbox. Here are the responses:

Would you like avatars to be displayed in the chat?

Yes
       [ 2 ]
       25% [25%]

No
       [ 5 ]
       63% [63%]

Neutral
       [ 1 ]
       12% [12%]
    So it seems as though our members do not want avatars in the chat, so we've decided we won't be adding this feature. Sorry to those who do, but I can see why most don't, as it would slow down loading times and become annoying to see the same avatar over and over again.

So you know the snow that's been falling on the forum for the past couple months? We were supposed to remove it in January, but I guess it's tradition now that I don't remove it until much later. Razz XD We will be removing it February 21st, and that's final.

Immediately after this TNFS Direct is posted, I will be changing the organization of the In-Depth Game Discussion boards. It's starting to get to the point where there's way too many to keep track of, and it can be hard to do so. Because of this, we'll be organizing it into two sub-boards, one for the in-depth boards that have been posted in in the past 2-3 months, and one for those which haven't. Of course, you can always still post in the ones that haven't at any time! We will simply move those boards over after you post in them. We hope this new organization makes it easier to find the in-depth boards. (if not then please PM a staff member saying you'd like the old organization back!)

We have recently started up the TNFS Lottery, something I announced in the previous TNFS Direct. Here you can bet User Points in lottery games to possibly earn more back. There will be a new lottery game each month to play in the TNFS Lottery! If you want to play our first, go here!

One of the possible rewards for winning the TNFS Lottery is a profile badge. We will have many ways to earn one of these badges in the future, including simply being able to purchase them from our store. We hope you enjoy these badges as they start coming along!

And that pretty much wraps things up for this TNFS Direct! But before we end, Cubone had something, uh...very ambiguous to say...

Cubone wrote:Good job, mission correct.

I have no idea what it means, or if it's even something he wanted to say in this Direct. Razz But he posted it, so there it is. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you in another TNFS Direct news update soon!

Last edited by Winters Thief Zero on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015 Empty Re: TNFS Direct: February 18th, 2015

Post by Luma Party Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 pm

Credit to Queen for making both banners.
    When do we close the banner poll?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:35 pm

^ Yeah I forgot to credit her in the thread, thanks. Sorry Queen!

I'll close the poll in a few days most likely. Maybe Monday?
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Nice update; at the moment it looks like the poll is even 3 to three for changing it & 3 for changing it to something new. Should be interesting to see how the votes tally up.
    bayonetta
    bayonetta
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

User Points : 49

Post by bayonetta Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Cool! Nice update!! (I also voted. Wink )
    Etna
    Etna
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Custom Title : Wild Cat
    Internet Browser : Opera

User Points : 87

Post by Etna Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Interesting way to make announcement updates: I like it. Good to see this forum is steadily improving! Smile
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:34 pm

^I remember you.
    Welcome back!
    MarioBros
    MarioBros
    Goomba
    Goomba

User Points : 12

Post by MarioBros Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Wow, awesome update! I've placed my vote. Very Happy
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:25 am

I have no idea who added Majora Moon to the banner, lol. My guess is that Zero did it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 am

^ Yep, you got me. XD I'm surprised nobody commented about the moon until now though.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:36 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ Yep, you got me. XD I'm surprised nobody commented about the moon until now though.
    I hope you won't end TNFS when the moon strikes, lol.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:44 pm

^Lol; don't worry I have an Ocarina of Time & have the song of time learned so I can reset everything back to day one if need be.  
    Winters Thief Zero wrote:^ Yep, you got me. XD I'm surprised nobody commented about the moon until now though.
    I would have said something but I wanted to see if some one else besides me would notice. :p
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Interesting news. I voted. I honestly like the old one more but if everyone wants to change then change it. I've gotten too used to the old one now.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Zero will add the new banner soon.

Last edited by Luma Party on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:21 pm