The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

TNFS Direct: January 6th, 2015

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

TNFS Direct: January 6th, 2015 Empty TNFS Direct: January 6th, 2015

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 am

TNFS Direct: January 6th, 2015 Esszgx

Welcome to TNFS Direct! This is a new idea we came up with to give news updates, in the form of a TNFS Direct. This is where updates will be given when we have multiple new additions or changes to TNFS, even if minor, or maybe for a few other things. (such as contests, etc.) For now, it'll just be a news update however.

To lead off our very first TNFS Direct, here's our official mascot* Luma Party!

Luma Party from planning thread wrote:Hello Everyone, Luma here.
    I would like to thank anyone who participated in Winterland Extreme.
    It was very fun for me, and I hope it was for you.
    If you didn't participate, I encourage you to do so in future events.
    It only takes several minutes each day and is a great chance for free Userpoints.
    I hope to be able to do another event next December!
    If you're ever interested in hosting one, talk to Zero and myself as well if you think you need help.
    Happy New Year!

Thank you Luma. I would like to talk about boards. There are some boards no posts have been made in in quite some time, and honestly, feel like they couldn't have more threads in them if we tried. Because of this, we are removing the Pikmin sub-board of Nintendo Exclusives, and removing the Debates sub-board of General Discussion. If you have reasons for why we might bring these boards back in the future, they're welcome, but for now they'll be gone. We do have a replacement board for Pikmin however, we are now adding a Fire Emblem board to the Nintendo Exclusives! This was requested quite a bit, and I'm pretty late at actually adding it, but at least it's there now. Razz

As Luma already talked about in the beginning of this Direct, we have many events on TNFS. Our next one is coming up soon, Smashing in the New Year. It was previously said we'd be playing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS on New Years' Eve, however, we delayed it to January 10th. Not only that, but we have decided now to play the Wii U version of the game instead. (or rather, I decided that, I much prefer it now that I've actually played it XD) This will not be a tournament of any kind, we'll just be playing for fun. It could be on any stage, you can use any character, etc. If you want to join, click on this thread and say you want to join! We have not decided on a time to play yet.

I said recently we will be adding new ways to both earn and spend your user points. The first new way will actually be a mix of both. TNFS Lottery is going to be a new thread (possibly board, haven't decided quite yet) where you can spend user points to play lottery games, that can possibly earn you even more points in the end. (or you may just lose your points entirely!) It will not be added for another couple of days, but when it is, it will be a fun new way to do things with your user points! I hope you participate in it.

You guys recently voted for TNFS Game of the Year 2014. Now that it seems there won't be any more votes, and the poll has been up for about a week, I'd like to announce the overall winner! But first, our 3 tied runner-ups...

runner-ups:

winner:

That pretty much wraps things up for this TNFS Direct! Thank you for reading! We may have more Directs coming soon too. By the way, this thread will be an Announcement for a couple days, I was thinking a Global Announcement first, but that might get annoying.

* As declared by Queen Pikachu, at least XD

Last edited by Winters Thief Zero on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

TNFS Direct: January 6th, 2015 Empty Re: TNFS Direct: January 6th, 2015

Post by queenzelda Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:59 pm

Cool idea; I like it! :3 Also; congrats to Luma becoming mascot! ^^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 pm

^ Well he has been mascot for quite some time now according to you. XD I decided to make him official mascot when he requested I put that paragraph in this, just for fun.

Also, glad you like the idea! ^^
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:53 pm

So.. What other stuff is going to be sold on the forum? [I'm, just curious mostly.] Also congrats to Luma! Very Happy
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:17 pm

^ I'd rather not say quite yet, as I don't want to promise anything I might not be able to add. But hopefully there will be some great new things to spend points on soon. ^^
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Ah, I see. As I said I was just curious. [You could always add in the character sheets in as Queen did on her forum. XD]
    bayonetta
    bayonetta
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

User Points : 49

Post by bayonetta Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 pm

I think maybe if Queen Pikachu's idea for member inventories could be implemented some how that it could work as a way for members to spend their points. As well as the items, small banners, & the like that could be purchased from a in forum shop to be placed with in the inventory page could work really well. It's something the staff would probably have to approach her about but I don't see why she can't do it. She's pretty active here & has done a lot of great designing from what I can see. Smile Still; this is just an idea I had & would give the staff a lot to think about.. More so since Queen Pikachu isn't a staff member & would be supplying the profile pages herself really would be my guess. ^-^;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 pm

^ I actually have plans for something somewhat similar, but thanks for the suggestion! Also, it would be great if you could just use the actual suggestions thread which is stickied in this board for suggestions from now on, since that really doesn't have to do with the TNFS Direct. (but it's fine you did it here first anyway)

One more thing to add would be is if I went ahead with your exact idea, I'd have to be asking Queen about what she'd think of doing that. But for now I have more other plans that are similar and I'd like to at least try them out first. ^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 am