The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 9 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Here are the latest rumors.

Source

Source

I don't see this deal going anywhere if EA demands bundles for there games since there is only so much space at retailers.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 9 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:35 pm

Even if EA develops for NX and actually ends up making any releases, I doubt they'll stay on board for long. Inevitably it'll just end up being half-***ed ports and nothing else. I mean, that's not to say it's impossible for them to stay on board but they just don't work well with Nintendo, and that seems to be what happens every generation.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Tbh, I don't see HOW what EA wants in the rumors posted could be Nintendo's problem. Getting people to buy sports game isn't Nintendo's problem it'd be EA's problem.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:31 am

So a huge NX "leak"/rumor is here, coming from Geno, who has in the past been correct on console capabilities leaks. Here's the information he supposedly leaked:

- has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device
    - you can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output
    - device uses an evolved version of the Wii U’s streaming tech to display in HD on the TV screen
    - analog controls for movement have small motors in them for full haptic feedback
    - haptic example: if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the wall to simulate hitting it
    - Bluetooth synch with tons of devices, including smartphones and tablets
    - you can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto NX screen(s)
    - closest in terms of “power” to the Xbox One
    - all tech uses the exact same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One
    - any game that can run on Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modifications
    - this is even more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4
    - one 3rd Party dev says “It’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”
    - look to Pokemon GO to get an idea of the type of social features that will be in NX
    - this will take multiplayer, AR and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level
    - strengths of the device are its usability and ease of use
    - devs describe it visually and functionally as if “Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS” had a baby
    - it looks friendly, but unlike what most people believe a Nintendo device to typically look like
    - operating system, named NintendOS, is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems
    - Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android
    - very strong networking functions, as it ties into multiple devices and services
    - this allows for a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer’s life

I think it's believable, Nintendo has been patenting quite a bit in the past couple years things related to haptic feedback on their controllers, so it would make sense if the console utilizes it. The whole thing otherwise is fairly vague though.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:31 pm

FURTHER PROOF (if true) THAT IT'S A TABLET/PHONE THING. Luma will so owe me all of his forum monies soon. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:14 pm

^ From what it sounds like, it's basically that home console and handheld hybrid thing that literally every rumor thinks NX is, but with the handheld being more like a smartphone. But I hope that isn't true, I'd really hate to full on lose Nintendo handhelds, they're my favorite...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:44 pm

It seems like he was right about X and Y and he also had info about the PS4 and Xbox One. On the other hand he was wrong about Pokemon Plus and Minus.

I find it hard to believe his rumor right now since we know Nintendo will do there own thing and he makes it sound like it's more of a phone.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:43 pm

^ Was he the guy who started the Plus/Minus rumor? Weirdly enough that was the most specific thing he ever seemed to have supposedly leaked, so maybe he's just being purposely vague to seem correct or just not all of his information is correct. (which is the case with pretty much anyone who leaks information, it may or may not be true depending on the initial source)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 pm

So now that the leak has been essentially confirmed, what do you guys think about NX now releasing this year?

I still feel like 2017 would've been a better release year simply due to the fact that it makes me lose trust in Nintendo for sticking to their consoles. I feel like Wii U didn't get much support, and although there were definitely quite a few great games released for it, it just felt like Nintendo never really supported it past the games they started developing for it around the console's conception. (it's just that so many of those games ended up taking such a long time to develop that we've only gotten some recently) At the same time I'm very happy that we'll be getting some big AAA games this holiday, this could definitely be the biggest console launch for Nintendo in quite some time, maybe ever, depending on what they have in store for NX. Couple that with the 3DS holiday titles and possibly having Paper Mario Color Splash release on Wii U in the early holiday season before NX makes the holiday HUGE for Nintendo.

Still I love the Wii U so it sucks to see it sort of being lowered so quickly. Although, that's not to say Wii U is over! Nintendo has always supported consoles with a couple of games after their new consoles launch, and while I feel like Paper Mario is that late console release, I could see a couple others due to the way Wii U seems to be going out. So I won't be surprised if we get Pikmin 4 or Wonderful 102 later on.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Uh, what leak? Nintendo has said since last year that the NX is releasing this year & I don't think that it's really filtered through every one's head space as of yet is all.

Personally I'm fine with it, since the Wii U launched early essentially when it was unveiled. So Nintendo revealing their new console & launching it in the same year is nothing new is the way I see it. I mean the Wii U is a nice console but I've never been a fan of the gamepad; personally I've liked the Wii mote & nunchuck controls better: even still. It's sad to see the Wii U get put to the side since the NX will be the next console they support after it's reveal & if rumor is to be trusted; it's also going to be the next handheld go to as well. Idk, after the release of the NEW 3DS I kind of doubt it, but we shall see: in time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:48 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:So now that the leak has been essentially confirmed, what do you guys think about NX now releasing this year?

I still feel like 2017 would've been a better release year simply due to the fact that it makes me lose trust in Nintendo for sticking to their consoles. I feel like Wii U didn't get much support, and although there were definitely quite a few great games released for it, it just felt like Nintendo never really supported it past the games they started developing for it around the console's conception. (it's just that so many of those games ended up taking such a long time to develop that we've only gotten some recently) At the same time I'm very happy that we'll be getting some big AAA games this holiday, this could definitely be the biggest console launch for Nintendo in quite some time, maybe ever, depending on what they have in store for NX. Couple that with the 3DS holiday titles and possibly having Paper Mario Color Splash release on Wii U in the early holiday season before NX makes the holiday HUGE for Nintendo.

Still I love the Wii U so it sucks to see it sort of being lowered so quickly. Although, that's not to say Wii U is over! Nintendo has always supported consoles with a couple of games after their new consoles launch, and while I feel like Paper Mario is that late console release, I could see a couple others due to the way Wii U seems to be going out. So I won't be surprised if we get Pikmin 4 or Wonderful 102 later on.

The Wonderful 101 sold badly so a sequel is unlikely at this time and Pikmin 4 would have been reveled by now. while it is sad that the Wii U does not have long left the writing was on the wall after the sales never picked up. With that said Nintendo would have at least supported the system for almost 4 years if they pull the plug after this Fall to shift focus to the NX.
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:55 am

It was always going to release in 2016 anyway I don't know why people thought otherwise. I'm just hoping we can finally see what it even is soon. I wonder if it'll be a combination of all the Nintendo patents they keep making recently or if it will just be something else.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:54 pm

^ Nintendo said it would be revealed in 2016, they never confirmed it's release, and up until a certain point it really did seem more likely it would be seeing a 2017 release. But yeah I do wonder what it is, hopefully it's something different enough to warrant the early release, if it's just an improved Wii U I won't be as interested, despite how much I love the Wii U.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Could this be the controller for the NX?

Spoiler:

It looks pretty fake and a mostly touch screen controller does not seem that enjoyable to use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 am