The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 7 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Well of course if it makes it into a final product it won't look anything like that. But a freeform display is really cool, I'm excited for it if it ends up in the NX handheld or whatever.
    Nintenex
    Nintenex
    Goomba
    Goomba

Custom Title : Nintendo Fan
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 36
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper mario

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 7 Empty NX controller Patent

Post by Nintenex Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:06 pm

This is insane, ive actually never seen anything like this before at least not in the gaming industry, Nintendo Innovating once again.

your thoughts?

Luma Party: ^Merged topics, if you want to talk about NX, use the main topic.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 7 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:38 pm

I don't think this is part of the NX at all. The controller looks to small and it looks more like something that would be an add on for phones.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:06 am

Elf Guy wrote:I don't think this is part of the NX at all. The controller looks to small and it looks more like something that would be an add on for phones.
    Could be a way to connect to mobile devices from the NX.

The controller itself, not entirely into it. I mean it's a good concept, evolving from the gamepad, but controlling an all-screen controller just seem...strange. Plus smudging and the inability to see things you cover with your hands can get int the way.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:07 pm

^ I don't at all think that's the direction they're going with. It's very likely to have buttons and such, the patent was just for the flexible screen itself and was probably only showing the screen in pictures for that reason.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 pm

The following is all a rumor, just so you don't take it as fact:

- Nintendo will be showcasing the Nintendo NX in January at CES 2016 in Las Vegas behind closed doors
    - Third party companies have been sent an invite to the showcase of the system
    - in terms of raw power, the Nintendo NX will be similar to the Xbox One
    - Nintendo is looking at a lower, competitive price point to make the system more enticing

Interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if this were true. Nintendo already talked to developers about NX at E3 this year and according to the rumors already sent out some dev kits. (although that part I'm not sure I completely believe) I honestly think everything in this supposed rumor is true, I don't think it'll be competing against Sony and Microsoft's next gen consoles because those won't even be out for another 3+ years. A lower price will also help it succeed, that was one issue with Wii U until recently. (although personally I think it was already worth it)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:00 pm

While it sounds like the release window of games will be dry if the rumor is true. On the other hand the part about less power makes this sound pretty true.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:29 am

So Kimishima has said in an interview that NX is in steady development. He gave no new details, of course, but he did say something interesting, which is that the platform won't be rushed to market.

Now some seem to claim it means it's not releasing in 2016, but you could also twist his words into him saying it means a 2016 release doesn't mean that the console is being rushed to market.

Personally I don't even know what to believe anymore, I'm just waiting for the console to be revealed. :p
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:37 am

If we see the NX reveled before E3 then holiday 2016 is when I think we will see it release. On the other hand they could drop a bomb and say it's coming out in a few weeks for all we know.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:16 am

Time for some new rumors.

Nintendo (7974.Japan/NTDOY) slipped 5% in Tokyo after Nomura Securities said the mysterious new console NX, to be unveiled this June, will cannibalize the existing sales of 3DS and Wii U.
    According to analyst Junko Yamamura, Nintendo will make NX available by 2016 year-end’s shopping season. Nomura expects Nintendo to announce the “concept” sometime between March and May, unveil the actual console in June, and launch it between October and November. “We think the NX will start to boost operating profits in 18/3, when it will have been on the market for a full year and will have a line-up of software titles, which carry high operating margins.”
    But NX will cut into sales of 3DS and Wii U, said Nomura:
    We had previously thought that the NX launch would have only a limited impact on 3DS and Wii U sales as it is not being positioned as a successor to either console, but we have now altered our view because 3DS sales have been weakening a little recently, particularly in terms of software, as the machine enters its sixth year, and to factor in a harsher competitive climate and what happened to other existing consoles when new machines were launched in the past.
    We still expect the NX to launch in 17/3. We have lowered our estimates for current consoles to reflect the present situation, fiercer competition, and what has happened in the past when new hardware is announced… We have reduced our operating profit forecasts for 16/3 by 5.7% and for 17/3–21/3 by 30.0–32.7%.

Source

I guess they will share the ideas at GDC in March and revel the NX in full a day before E3 2016 if this is true.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:52 am

Well if the source rumor is true, & Nintendo decides to announce what the NX is, it could be that it's revealed in May which would be a full month prior to June which is when E3 usually takes place. Unless they reveal it in March. which would be fine with me. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:09 pm

^ Honestly I kind of expected that, with Wii they revealed the concept beforehand, and that seemed to work better off for them than with Wii U.

As for the rumor in general, it just sounds like another spin on the exact same rumor we keep hearing over and over again about it releasing in 2016 (along with the ones that come in between that don't think so) it's just going into more detail with the profits expected from that launch. If anything it just sounds like they're guessing what their profits would be depending on when it's launch is.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Hmm.. Well, then what's with the rumor of a January 28th NX reveal? All in all I think a lot of us are just tired of not knowing what it is & just want answers sooner then later. xD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:54 pm

^ So true, I think people should just be a bit more patient. Wii U isn't even that old, it's only turning 4 this year, I don't see why people are in such a rush to find out what NX is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 am