The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Marowak
TheFrozenFairy
queenzelda
7 posters

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console Empty Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:54 pm

The classic Pokemon games will be coming to the eShop on February 27th. Japan gets 3DS carts though.

I might get Yellow at some point since I always wanted to try the game.

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console CTpi6xOU8AAeBfD
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console Empty Re: Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:04 pm

I think I'll pass. Nice to see their getting released to the 3DS thou.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console Empty Re: Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow coming to the 3DS Virtual Console

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:08 pm

That's pretty good. I always thought they'd have a little difficulty adding the Pokémon games to the Virtual Console because of trading, they must have some solution for it. I always enjoyed the games although those serious glitches like ghost types not dealing super effective damage like they're supposed to don't happen and such are awful. I'll get Pokémon Yellow because I never had it as a cartridge. Maybe I'll finally catch 'em all for once!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:10 pm

FINALLY.

I don't even want to purchase these but it took them WAY too long to do this. I honestly have no idea why they weren't available years ago, but regardless I guess it's cool to see them coming.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:15 am

I'll probably get Yellow, never actually got it when I was younger, and I really wanted them to do this since they started putting old games on the eshop.
    Frost-Knight
    Frost-Knight
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

User Points : 126

Post by Frost-Knight Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:46 am

About time.

I'm probably not getting any of these, because Yellow is so painfully nostalgic and I've played Red not too long ago, but it's nice to see that Nintendo/Game Freak finally came to their senses. I wouldn't have mind had it happened a few years earlier, though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:16 pm

The games will be $10 each.

Honestly a little too expensive, but I'm not surprised with GameFreak/The Pokemon Company. I feel like $5 would be a more fair price, but this is a big deal for some people so it makes sense.
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:49 am

Me wantie - enabling wireless communications definitely will be a great replacement for the link-cable. It's too bad you can't trade between the multiple titles on the same 3DS though.

Maybe if Bank opened up to letting RBY connect, but unless they find a way to block all the potential glitch pokemon (mostly those obtained by the Old Man glitch), that would be awesome. Razz

I'll probably get yellow because I always wanted to replay that game but uhhh...
    Level 180 Rapidash, Clefable, and Mewtwo as well as Level 100 Mew glitched Pokemon. Razz
    Too bad I won't be able to teach Pikachu Surf like I could in GB Yellow thanks to Stadium. At least I still have that minigame there~ =3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that they announced this back in November yet we're still a month out from release? I mean, they're just Virtual Console rereleases so I feel like they should've been out by now. Maybe it's just the fact that Japan is getting physical copies.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I think they wanted to release the games on the day they come out. I also think the Pokemon Company and Gamefreak wanted February to be the month they show off the latest main Pokemon game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm