The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
queenzelda
Marowak
Bossblitz88
Yoshiman222
8 posters

My Nintendo

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

My Nintendo  - Page 4 Empty Re: My Nintendo

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:51 am

^ Yeah, I understand the platinum rewards being high priced since it's fairly easy to get more points, but that doesn't mean just ignore the fact that they exist and give us nothing but a few pointless 15% discounts. Even the gold rewards are not interesting with the full Virtual Console games being very common games most people on My Nintendo probably already own, and the discounts are just barely more than the platinum point discounts.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ Yeah, I understand the platinum rewards being high priced since it's fairly easy to get more points, but that doesn't mean just ignore the fact that they exist and give us nothing but a few pointless 15% discounts. Even the gold rewards are not interesting with the full Virtual Console games being very common games most people on My Nintendo probably already own, and the discounts are just barely more than the platinum point discounts.

While you don't need to spent anything on platinum points so I understand why the rewards are not that good.

It seems like you get a 30% off coupon for your birthday.

My Nintendo  - Page 4 CmfwpgeUMAETnQU

At least Nintendo gives something out for your birthday even though most people likely own all of those games already. Rolling Eyes
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:48 am

Huh, thanks for giving me mine on my birthday Nintendo. Razz I actually purchased Yoshi's Woolly World on my birthday too so I would've very much appreciated that birthday discount...I guess it's a new addition though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:24 pm

The First Skunk Bundle is now free on Wii U. If you download it you get 30 free gold coins.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-first-skunk-bundle-wii-u

A free game and 30 gold coins is such a great deal even if it's likely not that good.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:34 pm

DAMN. I'm definitely gonna jump on that deal. I mean, 30 free gold points? I have none currently so I'm definitely interested in that.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Eh, for it being a free game it's not that bad; could be way worse. XD Also the 30 gold coins is kinda tempting since those aren't given out very often.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:45 pm

And right now if you have the 30 gold coins only you can get the Metroid 2 Game, or a 30% discount on either Fire Emblem or F-Zero Maximum Velocity.

I'll try it out eventually, I downloaded it but have yet to really know what the game even is, but even if it's meh it was free, and I've spent money on actual bad games so no harm.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:40 pm

The game is dreadful. Trust me, it is awful. From the controls to the framerate, the game is..something. I could go into a lot of detail but I'd just like to say the horror game overused jump scares and was quite unoriginal. The jumpscare (As far as I got, there was only one being reused several times) was a bit funny to me after the first time. I don't even find it to be so bad that it's good and I can appreciate that kind of stuff. It's free 30 gold points though, which is lovely. I'm not sure why Nintendo chose this game if they did or the developers struck some kind of deal. Even for the poor quality that it is, I say you should check it out, you're likely downloading it for the gold points anyways. You'll get some kind of experience out of it, maybe even some kind of enjoyment out of it if you like bad games.

I checked the Miiverse community for this The First Skunk Bundle, it's hilarious.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Here are the new rewards for December and some changes have been put into place for My Nintendo.

- The Legend of Zelda: 30th Anniversary Theme: 300 PP
    - The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley: 100 PP
    - 30% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U): 240 PP
    - 30% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (New Nintendo 3DS): 240 PP
    - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii U): 50 GP
    - The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley: 100 PP
    - The Legend of Zelda Great Fairy's Fountain Theme: 100 PP
    - The Legend of Zelda Ballad of the Goddess: 100 PP

PR Email wrote:Parents can now create Nintendo Accounts for children under the age of 13. This new feature lets kids have fun earning and redeeming My Nintendo points on their own accounts, while allowing parents the ability to manage their children’s accounts.
    Parents can manage up to five accounts within the family, and will receive an email notification any time a purchase is made on a Nintendo system, the Nintendo website, or via a Nintendo app using the child’s account.
    Parents, here’s how you can get your child set-up:
    To create an account for your child, log in to your own Nintendo Account. If you don’t yet have one, you need to create an account for yourself first.
    Select “Child accounts,” and then “Create an account for a child.”
    Follow the instructions to complete the account creation. You can add accounts for up to five children.
    Share the User ID and password with your child so that he/she can use the account.
    Note that parents may also create accounts for kids between the age of 13 and 17 this way. Parents or guardians can visit their Nintendo Account page to get started at any time.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 pm

You can now download indie games using gold points.

Nintendo wrote:Got Gold Points? Get select games!

For the first time, My Nintendo users can now redeem Gold Points for some of the hottest indie games on Nintendo platforms. For a limited time, you can redeem points to download select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles from our talented independent developers. Users will receive a download code that is redeemed in Nintendo eShop. Get it with Gold Points!

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U): 90 Gold Points

Runner2 is a rhythm-music, auto-running platformer. Players will run through fantastic environments, using brand new moves, to amazing new soundtracks as they run, jump, slide, kick, and soar toward the goal of tracking down the Nefarious Timbletot who has un-fused CommanderVideo's reality. Runner2 features 5 exciting worlds, 125 tantalizing levels and 5 death defying BOSS battles! Play as 8 different characters and find secret areas to unlock new and zany costumes!

Zen Pinball 3D (Nintendo 3DS): 50 Gold Points

Zen Pinball 3D for Nintendo 3DS brings an incredible stereoscopic 3D experience to the acclaimed video game pinball series for the first time ever. Featuring four beautifully crafted, original tables, Zen Pinball 3D features the most advanced ball physics in a video pinball game to date, online leader boards ranking you against other players, in-game friend challenges, interactive 3D models, and more! Zen Pinball 3D for Nintendo 3DS is the definitive pinball experience on portable game consoles.

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (Wii U): 60 Gold Points

Time for some squirreling action! Prepare for some super squirreling action! Now with 50% new exclusive level content, ninja completion bonuses, super high speed turbo mode and a whole bunch of zany new squirrel outfits!Run, jump, swing and smash Mr Nibbles through 90 frantic levels of pixel perfect platforming. Mr Nibbles goes nuts for acorns and he’s on a mission to reclaim his stash from the pesky critters who stole them so he can feed his growing family.

Art of Balance (Wii U): 70 Gold Points 

Grab your Wii U GamePad and build a balanced stack in this physics-based puzzler! Puzzle games must be addictive. This was our top priority during the development of the game. That's why we designed 200 levels that not only challenge your skills but also your imagination. With its perfect touch controls 'Art of Balance' is easy to pick up and hard to put away. Play alone or invite friends to drop in at any time for co-op play. We even added split-screen and online multiplayer for extra fun. Seeking an even bigger challenge? Then try out the new endurance mode and improve your Online-Highscore.

I guess Zen Pinball 3D is better then nothing and there's a few decent games for those who use the Wii U still. On the other hand you think they would include 1 or 2 of the many Switch indie games that are not selling anymore.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Starting in March you will be to use gold points for a discount on select eShop games.

My Nintendo  - Page 4 OXQSQpfkb80KdMae28qLavJGoy8zRrE5

Nintendo wrote:My Nintendo members already earn Gold Points by buying qualifying games. However, an exciting change is coming! Starting in March, My Nintendo members will also be able to redeem Gold Points for eligible digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch™ system.

Here’s how it will work:

Buy a qualifying digital game for Nintendo Switch, Wii U™️, or Nintendo 3DS™️ family systems or a physical game for the Nintendo Switch system. 
    Earn Gold Points worth 5% of the amount you pay, not including any points or discounts used*. 
    You can then redeem those points on your next eligible digital purchase (including games and DLC) for the Nintendo Switch system from Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com. 
    Of course, you can also continue to redeem your points for existing My Nintendo rewards for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS systems.

Stay tuned for more details!

*Buying a physical game for the Nintendo Switch system will earn you Gold Points worth 1% of the Nintendo eShop purchase price for that game.

So most are likely only up to around a $5 off with there gold coins. Better then nothing I guess and it's a step closer to my $5 shop credit idea.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:39 pm

This doesn't really seem all that impressive when you consider the fact that we've been waiting for Switch rewards for about a year at this point. Still it is nice that it contributes to all Switch digital games.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:37 pm

It's about time. 

We have some gold currency just sitting there.

...But I don't know what it could get us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 am