The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist  Empty Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 am

Every time a new Mario spinoff is announced the question is what characters will be playable. So far there's a total of 5 announced.

Mario
    Luigi
    Wario
    Waluigi
    DK

Now lets look at the other games in the series to see if there's any characters who show up often.

Mario Tennis 64

Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist  Hqdefault

Mario Tennis VB
    Mario
    Luigi
    Peach
    Toad
    Yoshi
    Koopa
    DK Jr

Mario Power Tennis 
    Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist  250px-Mario_Power_Tennis_-_Character_select

Mario Tennis: Power Tour

Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist  STBI4U1

Mario Tennis Open
    Mario
    Luigi
    Peach
    Daisy
    Yoshi
    Boo 
    DK
    Diddy
    Bowser
    Bowser Jr
    Wario 
    Walugi
    Baby Mario
    Baby Luigi
    Dry Bowser 
    Luma 
    Mii
    QR Yoshi colors
    Metal Mario

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist  WiiU_MTUS_scrn_08

Mario Sports Superstars

Mario Tennis Aces roster predication/ wishlist  Maxresdefault

Guaranteed
    Peach: Peach has appeared in every Mario Tennis game to date and I think it's safe to say that she will be shown in the next trailer
    Daisy: Daisy has appeared in every Mario Tennis since her first appearance in the series outside of Power Tour
    Yoshi: He's been in every Mario Tennis game
    Bowser: He's been in every Mario Tennis outside of the VB one
    Boo: Since, appearing in Mario Tennis 64 Boo has been in every Mario Tennis outside of Power Tour and being one of the few tricky characters makes his case that much better.
    Rosalina: Rosalina was planned for Mario Tennis Open and since then she has appeared in every Mario spinoff withstanding the huge cuts in Mario Kart 7 and the Top 100.
    Bowser Jr: Bowser Jr is really hit or miss when it comes to spinoffs. However, Camelot does value him more then Diddy Kong as seen with Ultra Smash and he's been in Kingdom Battle, Deluxe and played a big part in the Nintendo Switch marketing.

Good Chance 
    Toad: Toad was dropped for the Mario Tennis series after 64 and did not return until Ultra Smash only to miss the cut in Sports Superstars again and he was also not playable in the Top 100. With that said him being in Ultra Smash makes me think he will return.
    Toadette: Toadette was a character put into retirement after Mario Super Sluggers and was not seen until Mario Kart 8 Since, then she has been quite the regular appearing as a playable character in Mario Party 10, Captain Toad and Ultra Smash. I see her being playable if Toad is once again.
    Dry Bowser: Dry Bowser always seems to make his way into the Mario spinoffs outside of Sports Superstars and him being easy to make and being one of the few Defensive characters gives him a good chance.
    Diddy: While I would say Diddy has a good chance him missing the cut for Ultra Smash makes me think otherwise. With that said fans where unhappy about him not being in that game so I'm sure he will return.
    Birdo: Do to Birdo being in the Tennis part of Sports Superstars I say she has a small chance of making the cut even if she is no longer used in Party and Kart.

Unlikely 
    Baby Mario: Baby Mario was playable back in 64 only to go missing until Open. He did not return in Ultra Smash only to be playable again in Sports Superstars: I say he's only playable if the roster is 20 or more due to him needing a new HD model.
    Baby Luigi: Baby Luigi has only appeared in Sports Superstars and he needs Baby Mario to be payable to even get in and an HD model making him even more unlikely.
    Sprixie: She is likely a one time character like Fly Guy was. Her being in Ultra Smash does give her a chance though.
    Paratroopa: He has not appeared in Tennis since, Power Tennis and that will likely remain the case with how many staples are playable in the series now.
    Luma: I only see him coming back if they do double partners again.
    Baby Peach: I could see her making it over Baby Luigi again. Though if added on top of the bros I think the roster would have to be at least 25 characters.
    Metal Mario: While he could make the cut over Dry Bowser there's already a number of power types.
    Pink Gold Peach: Could see her if roster is 20 plus. However I think some other female character would be picked over her.
    Fly Guy: Seems like a one time only character.
    Mii: I don't see them taking the time to being back all of that Mii gear
    No Chance
    Shy Guy: Seen as an NPC
    DK Jr: Replaced by Diddy starting with Power Tennis
    Koopa: Seen as a NPC
    Petey: Boss battle 
    Wiggler: Maybe as a boss battle 
    Human characters: Too many and no need with Miis being a thing now.

Possible newcomers
    Pauline: She could be the SMO character due to the Mario Tennis games also adding in a character from the most recent 3D Mario game.
    Cappy: If Camelot does not have time to program Pauline in
    Baby Daisy: If the Baby Bros and Baby Peach all make the cut.

My wishlist
    Dixie
    Kamek
    E. Gadd 
    Nabbit

My roster predication 18 in total 

All-Round
    Mario
    Luigi
    Daisy
    Birdo

Speed