The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
8 posters

Xbox One

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Xbox One - Page 2 Empty Re: Xbox One

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 20, 2013 7:56 pm

You can watch the next Xbox event here.

I will likely just read about the new Xbox later.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Wonder what more terrible things they'll announce about the Nextbox. I'm assuming the name will be Xbox 720, however, it's always possible that it could be some other name. Perhaps it won't even be an Xbox, they never really confirmed it was...I'll probably just read what's posted on here, if anyone posts anything (that means you Gameguy XD) or if not, find something out, and then post it here myself...I think it'll wind up being basically, Windows 8 with the ability to play games on discs. Don't expect much.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm

XBOX One Revealed

Microsoft has officially revealed their new console, XBOX One. It is described as an all-in-one system that provides everything you want from an entertainment system.

It will be cloud powered, and features a disc drive, and also a new design for Kinect. The console has been shown:

Xbox One - Page 2 302s3yt
    https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/302s3yt.jpg

The console will turn on immediately upon a user saying "XBOX on", where the console will recognize your name and immediately turn on and log you into your account. You can also use voice recognition to tell the console to do other actions, such as "Go Home" will take you to the Home screen, and "Go TV" will go to a TV channel, and immediately switch out to a game if you say "Go Game" or "Go Music" or "Go Internet Explorer" or just about any other action the console can do. It literally takes less than 3 seconds to switch between any of these actions.

The console can also recognize motion commands to switch between features too. Such as grabbing the screen to go to another feature.

A new feature called Snap allows various apps and features to be used side by side at the same time on the screen.

XBOX One Guide is a TV service that allows for voice control search and navigation, favorites, and trending to find TV channels and programs to watch. Like everything else, stating a program or channel name makes the console choose that option to watch.

Games, Movies, TV, Music, Web, Skype, & Live TV are the main features across the entire console.

XBOX One has 5 billion Transistors and 8GB RAM, 8 Core GPU, 500GB HDD & more that I probably missed during the stream.. xp

It has three operating systems, the XBOX OS, Windows OS, and the third is an OS that connects the aforementioned two together to be used simultaneously.

Kinect is shipped with every XBOX One, and has been redesigned as you can see in the posted image of the console reveal.

Forza 5 has been confirmed as a title for the console.

Here's a better image of the XBOX One controller.

Xbox One - Page 2 Chrome-2013-05-21-10-07-48-56-610x325

XBOX Live will have 300,000 servers for XBOX One. Various content is stored in the cloud, such as saves, movies, and music. Games can be recorded and the footage uploaded to the cloud.

EA are developing four games for XBOX One. Fifa 14, Madden NFL 14, NBA Live 14, and UFC. All four will be launched within the next 12 months. The EA Sports Ignite engine was revealed.

Fifa 14 revealed to be released only for Xbox One. Forza Motorsport 5 was shown running on XBOX One. As well as Phantom Break game.

Quantum Break by Remedy was revealed for XBOX One. A trailer was shown, not giving much away besides the game featuring some element on time judging by the captions within it.

Microsoft Studio's plan to release 15 exclusive games to XBOX One, 8 of which are new IP's.

A live action Halo TV series has been revealed by 343 Industries.

Next gen Call of Duty: Ghosts reviled; on top of game play for it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Gah, like I said, more terrible things. XP The voice commands seem futuristic, but I think they would be greatly annoying, and likely wouldn't work well at all. Now obviously it hasn't been released, so I can't say that for sure, but I think it would just randomly do things by itself. Kinect was always terrible, if they're not changing it, it will stay that way. It is nice that it's bundled with all consoles though.

And then there's the name...Xbox One? Why? I mean, it's the third Xbox, so Xbox Three would make more sense, right? I don't get it. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 pm

I don't get the new name either. I'm guessing that M$ wants their console to be the ONE you own over all others. Eh not me as there've never been any games I personally care for. But yea M$ forcing kinnect down my throat isn't something I like but it's gonna happen anyhow. xp

Looks to me like it's more shooters, more fancy racing games, and sports games that aren't my thing. So enjoy if your into 'em.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Games you could likely get on the other 2 consoles anyway, so, it's kinda pointless...also I forgot to mention that the controller looks uncomfortable because of where the face buttons are placed. It's like two of them are on the side, while the other two are actually on the front. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Well everything except for Fifa 14.. Which was announced as an Xbox ONE exclusive. Not that I care but other people who're into that stuff will be.
    fireball2001
    fireball2001
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 146

Post by fireball2001 Tue May 21, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm definetly not getting the ps4 because it's way too pricy, but I might buy the xbox 1 because I like microsoft. I like nintendo too. But at least sony has good names unlike microsoft.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 pm

What was Microsoft thinking.
    Do people not like the power button or opening the internet browser or something?
    Xbox go sounds like something hardly any one will use.
    The 8 new games sound good but, half of them will likely be shooting games.
    Plus having Fifa 14 only on the Xbox One sounds like a bad idea.
    I would rather get the PS4 over the Xbox One if I had to pick one.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm

^ Same here, yes, I'm not sure I would want a PS4, but I'd prefer it over the Xbox One, that's for sure. Fifa 14 probably won't sell much though, considering how bad this already has been made out to be, I think the Xbox One would have worse sales than the Wii U. Don't think Microsoft will make much of a profit with this.

It also reminds me of Google Glass, where you just say it, and it opens up. I saw some demos of it, seems like it doesn't work. I also agree with Gameguy, it's easier to press a power button or open stuff manually. It probably wouldn't even recognize what you're saying anyway. You could say "open Skype" for example while you're playing a game, and then it would open up the internet browser. Razz

And if that's the console in the picture you posted Queen, looks too...blocky...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 am

Yep sadly that blocky 'thing' is indeed the Xbox One. Not that I have any plans to get either the PS4 or the ONE personally. Ah well I guess it's just ONE more box for the CoD masses I suppose. lol!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm

XD

That name is just terrible...anyway, it's like bigger than any other game console. Razz Don't think I could even fit it in my gaming TV's stand. (which is where I would put the consoles and some of the games for it)

Honestly, I think before people criticized the Wii U so much, they should've waited for this. Seriously. The 360 was not for me, this is not for anyone, or at least barely for anyone at any rate.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed May 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Not only that but with the ONE having to always be online when you turn the thing on, it's going to be a turn off for a lot of future consumers..
    Namine
    Namine
    Deku
    Deku

Custom Title : Princess Namine

User Points : 143
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Post by Namine Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Wait what? It's going to need to be online when ever it's turned on? Wow.. Personally I'd rather play games then want a system that seems to care weather or not I'm online when I turn the dumb thing on.

No sale here; Microsoft.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:55 am