The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
8 posters

Xbox One

Xbox One - Page 3 Empty Re: Xbox One

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm

I bet this contraption weighs more than the original PS3 just judging from the looks.

I haven't warmed up to this "8th Generation of Gaming" yet, so I see this as utterly pointless in my eyes. The fact they even made another console brings an ache to my chest. I wonder what scam they'll think of now to replace RROD.

Never been a fan of HEXBAWX, so I truthfully could give two shits... More intrigued to see the PS4 after witnessing...this...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 23, 2013 12:25 am

The hologram of death? Razz

Also, they will make you pay a fine if you insert a used game into the One. While this isn't as bad as what I had originally thought they were doing, with making you be unable to play the used games at all, it's still terrible. They're used games, you shouldn't have to pay as much as full price or even more because of that. Yet another idiotic move by Microsoft with this...I'm being totally serious, I think they'll go out of business. (even being such a big company as they are)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I wanted to add this because I watch Angry Joe from time to time on thatguywiththeglasses as he's a LPer and video game reviewer there. More so since usually I don't agree with him on most game reviews..

But his recent youtube angry rant about the Xbox ONE reveal just made my day: so I thought I'd share:

*WARNING BEFORE CLICKING THE SPOILER: Beware of f*bombs and exsessive cussing when watching. You have been warned.*

Spoiler:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 27, 2013 10:17 pm

I've never watched a video by Angry Joe, but from this video he seems...weird. Razz I agree with him on just about everything though, I can see what made him so angry. It actually made me kinda angry as well, even when I wasn't planning on buying the Xbox in the first place before it was announced. Seriously, the used game fee is one of the worst parts about this. The majority of the games I own that I didn't buy on launch are used.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Mon May 27, 2013 10:24 pm

I too agree with Angry Joe's rant. Also his rant not only made my day but I favored and liked it to support his view. XD

Something I thought of was what about video rental? With the way MS is heading these companies such as Redbox & Gamefly won't be able to offer Xbox ONE games.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 pm

^ Indeed, a lot of people are actually using Gamefly mainly for getting their games. So for those who use Gamefly or something similar, well, they just wouldn't be able to play Xbox One games or would probably have to pay money equivalent to the amount of buying the actual game, in which case it would be easier to just go out to a gamestore and buy it.

Kinda off-topic, but Redbox barely has any video games available anyway, so it's not a big deal really. It's mainly for movies.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon May 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Something else to add to this little pot of stew is that Gamestop is already on board the ONE's bandwagon. I went to Gamestop the day after the unveiling of Xbox One and saw flyers every where in the store telling people to "Come to Gamestop and reserve their Xbox One there." Along with a bunch of other b.s.

I thought it was funny since I've often felt that Gamestop has been fleecing the general gaming populace since it OPENED & here they are hopping on board the good ship fail box which will gain them nothing in the end seeing as MS is taking away all of their 'used business FROM THEM'.

Great marketing plan there Gamestop that'll save you from dying off like Blockbuster has in some area's.. (Not...)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 27, 2013 10:45 pm

All the Blockbusters are gone around here, yes.

I went there as well, they had a giant white board in the middle of the store saying that the Xbox One will allow you to use 2 apps at once so that means you should preorder it immediately. Razz (but in different wording of course...)

Considering they have tons of used games at Gamestop, then it makes no sense AT ALL to be advertising the Xbox One like that. Are they seriously just trying to go bankrupt doing that? Perhaps they just somehow don't know that the Xbox One will make you pay a fee for used games, so nobody will even give them used Xbox One games or anything.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Something that made me laugh my a$$ off was the fact that GameStop stock plummets following Xbox One used game reports. sauce

It made my day; seeing as I've never been much of a GS (or MS) fan really. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:32 am

You will indeed be able to trade digital games with friends, granted you have been friends with the user on Xbox Live for over 30 days. You can also trade them as discs, but they can only otherwise be played once per game, then you must pay the fee previously stated in this thread.

However, retailers will still be able to sell used games without you having to pay a fee, unless the game's publisher specifically makes you have to pay the fee. Kinda complicated there, and I'm also not sure how you would be able to play a game traded to a friend once, but not have to pay the fee if you buy a used game...

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 am

I dunno if it was the way you worded it or just the way it is being presented... But that was hella confusing for my mind to comprehend.

I get the 30 day and publisher thingy. The rest is quite a blank...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 am

So a friend on Xbox live can only play the game one time without a fee?

It also seems like the person who traded the game would need to pay the fee if they want the game back.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:58 am

Only if it's a disc, they would then only be able to play the game once before having to pay the fee. I don't think the person would need to pay the fee to get the game back, but I can see errors like that happening when the Xbox One is out.

@Unknown Entity
    Probably both, I was confused at all that, and therefore probably worded that weirdly. Razz
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Koopa Troopa
    Koopa Troopa

Custom Title : Lord Shadow
    Internet Browser : Opera

User Points : 53
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy

Post by Shadow the Hedgehog Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:55 pm

My problem with the compromise MS presents to the "gamers" is that they have to FIRST be on some one's friend list for 30 days. Who here thinks that's utter bull crap? What if there's a game released day one and you only have enough for the console? Having to wait 30 days after your friend adds you to their list in order to play insert game here is just redonkulous!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:26 am