The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
SirLavos
fireball2001
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
9 posters

Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos  - Page 3 Empty Re: Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Nice, you should definitely post about what you played in the topics for those games. :3 You're lucky there's a Best Buy near you with the demos available.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos  - Page 3 Empty Re: Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos

Post by King Atem Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:28 am

I went as well but by the time I arrived around 7:30 pm there was too long of a line to get to play anything there. D: I saw Mario Kart 8 being played & Pikman 3 before deciding to leave after waiting about half an hour...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:37 am

Was Pikmin 3 actually there? The demos Nintendo announced were Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, DKCTF, and Super Mario 3D World. So Pikmin 3 wouldn't have been one of those demos, unless they just had it there for some reason.
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 am

The booth I went to showed some Pikman 3 footage is what I think. One of the BB workers was just standing there gawking at the screen next to the guy who held onto the gamepad. Meh, not worth wasting my time waiting to try just 1 title I was interested in really.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Just wondering, what title were you interested in?

My Nintendo News wrote:Apparently, there are multiple reports of Microsoft employees advertising their products at Wii U events taking place in Best Buy stores. One report says a Microsoft employee tried to convince people who were waiting in line to demo a Wii U game to pre-order the Xbox One. According to another report, someone wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the Microsoft logo lingered around the Wii U and talked to people around a Wii U demo station.

The same thing happened to me where a dude in a Grey-white shirt showed up and asked why everyone was in line. We said Wii U. He said Why?! Why not just go pre-order the Xbox One. He talked about the Xbox One and started to talk to others in line.

People in line told him to leave them alone. He didn't wear a Microsoft t-shirt though.

Seriously? Don't think anyone wanted that at their event, only wanted to try out Wii U demos, not have people from Microsoft telling them to preorder an Xbox One. (Wii U is clearly better anyway) Imo they should've been kicked out, don't think anyone wanted them bothering them.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 pm

I read that.
    Best Buy should just fine them and kick them out.
    This is getting so stupid.
    Microsoft...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm

I know, with people actually telling them to go away so they can play the Wii U demos, why wouldn't they? :PThey WANT them to leave, so Best Buy should do something about it. Actually kick them out...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Actually there was a police presence at the Best Buy I went to & I had no problems approaching the Wii U booth either. I got to see the Mario Kart 8 demo and some of Wind Waker as well. But much like Yusei I didn't sitck around much past half an hour to try to play a demo when I was hungry and needed to eat. I at least got a pic of my being there via my 3DS and a flyer the had about the AC NL dlc that they had on a table; along with 2 3DS's one had Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon in it & I didn't check to see what the other one had. XD

There were a few flip books explaining about what the Wii U is and the difference between the Wii & Wii U which I thought about grabbing BUT I didn't as I thought it was just silly really. Any who as soon as I can I'll upload the pic I took of my being at the Best Buy event so you can see what it was like. Also.. One booth per store is INSANE. I personally think that there should have been more then one booth there but that's just me of course. xD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

One booth with all of the games, or was it one booth for each of the four games? One booth with all of them seems like a crazy idea, but one booth for each game would be fine really. (and would make it make more sense to only be at such limited locations)

Also, would love to see the picture you took.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Trust me; it was ONE booth & 4 games were on 1 Wii U console. As to the pic; I'll have to upload it via my netbook since I'm on my pc atmo.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 am

-Bumping topic to add in picture I took with my 3DS-

Nintendo 2013 E3 at Best Buy:

Impo; this showing could have been handled much better like perhaps having 4 Wii U booth's per store or some s***. Other wise it was just INSANE to wait in line and play just about anything. D:
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 am

If A Microsoft rep comes up when i'm waiting in the line on Saturday, I will just turn the other way or I will say I don't plan on getting the Xbox One. Laughing

I also been hearing some things I don't if there true or not.

Some people have said that you need to sign a paper to play the demos and that Super Mario 3D World is the only game that you can play in the last hour.Face Palm!

As for the demo booth. Best Buy should have just closed down the select stores on Wednesday and Saturday and put demo booth's all around the store.

Anyway I don't think the Best Buy I will be at will be that bad because not many people play Nintendo games around here.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:54 am

Not many people play Nintendo games around there, then isn't that a terrible Best Buy locations to have the demo? 🤦At least it probably won't be too much of a crowd there, you'll be able to spend more time on the demos.

Super Mario 3D World couldn't possibly be the only game playable in the last hour. If they have all of the demos on the one Wii U console, they should all be playable. Must just be a false rumor.

Gameguy, you should tell whoever it is if there is one, that NOBODY plans to get the Xbox One, Wii U is better. I honestly wonder if that guy knew the Xbox One was terrible and that Microsoft thought Wii U was a threat so they went there on the day of the Wii U demos. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Well from what I saw both the Mario Kart 8 & Zelda Wind Waker demo's were being played. So it's safe to think all 4 would be playable. ;3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:00 pm