The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
SirLavos
fireball2001
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
9 posters

Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos  - Page 4 Empty Re: Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Do you remember what time you were there? :PIt's possible you weren't there in the last hour they were open, therefore of course they would be. But with other demo units at stores, including Best Buy, all demos were playable on the consoles. (mainly 3DS and Vita as those were the demos I played, as well as Wii U) Now I don't really play demos at stores, but still. I know with older ones they only had one demo per console...
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos  - Page 4 Empty Re: Nintendo partners with select Best Buy locations for E3 demos

Post by King Atem Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Personally my brother & I were there around 7:30PM and it was still packed when we arrived. I had planned to meet Queen there since we both live in the same state & the traffic was so bad we kind of missed each other with her arriving around 6PM and staying for about half an hour. Even with my brother and myself arriving late it was still pretty packed.

Zero Revolution wrote:Just wondering, what title were you interested in?
    Actually the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze demo & the Wind Waker demo if I could have had a chance to play them.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:10 am

This is just ridiculous.
    But the guy he talked to sure gave him a response worthwhile.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm

I can barely understand what the guy is saying anyway, he's too quiet. Razz What was the "response worthwhile"?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:50 pm

The guy the Micorsfot guy talked to said "Well I don't think I really want a SpyBox in my house".
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Oh I heard that part, just not the rest of it. It's true, I mean with Kinect and the microphone always on, they can hear you and see you through the Kinect camera. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:43 am

It's a good thing no one from Microsoft showed up at the Elk Grove Best Buy. Smile

Anyway I entered the Wii U demo section at around 1:08 pm, I would have showed up at 1:00pm on the spot but, my dad and I had some Mcdonalds in the parking lot before we entered the Best Buy.
    I was in line for about 2 hours before I got to play one track of Mario Kart 8 with some kid, because about five people played Wind Waker, three groups played Super Mario 3D World and eight people played Mario Kart 8 before I was up. After I played Mario Kart 8 I asked my dad to put me on the list for Super Mario 3D World. After that he want to Bad Bath and Beyond to use the bathroom, He also got me a Doctor Pepper at Mcdonalds. The good thing about the wait the second the second time was that it was only about an hour. I also wanted to try a level of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze but the lines were long so I passed on that one.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:56 am

What would you say if Microsoft person came up to you?

Those lines are ridiculous, at least we know people still like Nintendo though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:41 am

I probably wouldn't have been able to stay there with lines like that if I went to Best Buy, but I'm sure after having to wait so long, it was finally worth it.

If a Microsoft rep came up to me all I would do is tell him/her to go away and Xbox One sucks.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 am

I'd tell them I'd rather sleep in a cow barn then buy and Xbox One.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:01 pm

I'd be honest about it saying that I already own my console of choice and that I've never been an Xbox fan even before they started to go down the wrong path; what with my not being able to own a game I purchased from them as they still have the rights to it. I like my rights as a consumer & gamer. Yes M$ can point the finger at the other guy all they want but the fact of the matter is that it's M$ who pushed it onto the console itself before deciding to point the finger at  the other guy for what they themselves are doing. No thank you; please try to find yourself another sucker some where else.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm

^Some good words there queen...

I'm too laid back so I think I'd say the cow barn thing though.
    Saint Fluffy~
    Saint Fluffy~
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : One & Only
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

Favorite Nintendo Game? : Mario Kart 8

Post by Saint Fluffy~ Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Luma Party wrote:What would you say if a Microsoft person came up to you?
    Well.. since I'm Asian, I'd pretend to be an Asian who doesn't speak English.

Shadow the Hedgehog
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Koopa Troopa
    Koopa Troopa

Custom Title : Lord Shadow
    Internet Browser : Opera

User Points : 53
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Galaxy

Post by Shadow the Hedgehog Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Being a SEGA fan; I'd tell them that MS is headed the same way SEGA went after the release of their LAST console: DOWNWARD into NOTHING. <~<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:24 pm