The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
bayonetta
King Atem
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
9 posters

Splatoon

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Splatoon - Page 12 Empty Re: Splatoon

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 04, 2015 12:10 am

Those where added into the mix with the new update a few weeks ago and my Mii has the Inkling hat on right now.

I would rather get this hat in real life though.

Splatoon - Page 12 B9hXE0jIIAIvjY-

I also think I'm going to set a pre-order sometime this week so that I'm on the safe side.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon May 04, 2015 7:21 am

Safe side?
    The game will be stocked Gmaeguy. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 pm

^ It might sell out pretty quickly like a lot of big Nintendo titles have lately. Preorders are already going quickly it seems, although hopefully it won't be as hard to find as Smash 3DS was for me. (It was sold out in my area for weeks Razz)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Well I never have issues, since I live in Toronto. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed May 06, 2015 5:20 pm

There's a media event in New York right now.

There's ink everywhere at our #Splatoon New York media preview event! pic.twitter.com/nxJVqdhJnP
    — Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) May 6, 2015

I guess this was Go Nintendo was hinting at last night.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Cool, well, I do wonder why they'd have that event the day before the Direct. You'd think they'd want to show off the new things beforehand, but whatever.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu May 07, 2015 10:55 am

Here's some key info coming from Nintendo.

Nintendo is hosting free demo events of Splatoon for all Wii U owners, and people who purchase the game will receive a squid-boatload of free post-launch content. Nintendo announced these and other details during a Nintendo Direct video focused on the Splatoon game, which launches May 29 exclusively for the Wii U console. To watch the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct.

Splatoon represents Nintendo’s take on the action shooter genre. Characters called Inklings can transform into squids as they attempt to cover the play area with their team’s colorful ink and splat opponents. Today’s Nintendo Direct detailed many of the weapons, stages, gear, modes and other features available in the game. New announcements from the Nintendo Direct included:

Global Testfire: Wii U owners with a broadband Internet connection can now download from the Nintendo eShop a free special demo, which will enable them to participate in four-on-four Turf War battles in several one-hour demo events set at optimal times for global play. The first Testfire event is scheduled for 8-9 p.m. Pacific time on Friday, May 8, with additional opportunities on Saturday, May 9, at both 4-5 a.m. and 12-1 p.m. During the first one-hour demo event, Nintendo will be broadcasting a live stream hosted by game experts from Nintendo’s Treehouse as they play against other Testfire participants.

Four-on-Four Online Action: Players will have to think strategically when participating in Splatoon’s Turf War mode. Two stages are refreshed every four hours, meaning players will have to carefully consider weapons and tactics for the stages on hand. Different weapons work better in different stages, so players will discover depth in the weaponry as they focus their strategies on different two-stage pairings. After each four-on-four match, players are randomly reshuffled to form new teams, so sometimes players will be working with their friends and other times they’ll be looking to take them down.

Free Post-Launch Content: Five Turf War stages will be available at launch, but Nintendo will continue to add free new stages throughout summer 2015. Additionally, Nintendo plans to continually expand the game with new weapons, battle modes and gear. A major game update event in August will add two additional matchmaking options, including the ability for friends to form four-person teams and search for other four-person teams to battle against. The second option lets eight friends join up to battle in four-on-four matches on any stage and with any rules they want. The August update will also deliver a new battle mode and additional gear for characters to wear.

Gift with Purchase: Players who pre-order or purchase Splatoon at GameStop stores or GameStop.com will receive a digital download code upon their paid balance of the game for two Mii Fighter Splatoon-themed costumes available to download in summer 2015 for use in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game! This offer is available in the United States only while supplies last.

Splatfests: Themed events called Splatfests will pose questions to players such as: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Players must choose and represent their side during online battles. Players who rank high enough can even get a valuable Super Sea Snail item to upgrade gear. Prepare for the first Splatfest, taking place on June 20.

For more information about Splatoon, visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.

Again it's kind of a shame that the Smash Wii U outfits can only be got through pre-order and it sucks how you need to win a Splatfest for upgraded gear items. My only hope is that some Nintendo stages or thrown into the free update.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 07, 2015 4:15 pm

The first half or so was really boring, but the new info they announced towards the end was great! I'm so glad all of the DLC will be free, and daily, I mean, there's going to be a LOT of content in Splatoon. It's good they're adding more stages throughout that time too, from what they've shown it seems there's barely any...although they might just not be showing off some stages. (I hope so anyway) The other modes sound interesting, and the Global Testfire is awesome, can't wait to try it out.
    Soupy
    Soupy
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

User Points : 413
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : 3DS FC: 0189-9067-5963

Post by Soupy Thu May 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Really like the stages, but it's a shame that they online change every 4 ours, that is LAME
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 pm

^ It really is, I feel like we should at least be able to choose between a random selection of 2 or 3 stages, and not be limited to a couple every 4 hours. >_> I want to be able to play the game a lot at once, it would get boring this way I feel...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed May 13, 2015 7:31 am

New Commercial:

Inkopolis Plaza Tour:

Hero Mode Intro:

Best Buy Canada will also be having some free Splatoon demos.
    Source

I have no time, that sucks, because the one that's 5 minutes from me is having it there...

Last edited by Luma Party on Wed May 13, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 am

Well I did get into the testfire on Friday, but let's just say the disconnect errors & dumps kind of soured me on this title a bit. Neutral The initial set up explaining how to play was a lot of fun, Ill give it that. Hopefully the dissconnects & dumps won't be as bad in the full game. I'm on the fence if I'm interested tbh. /:
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed May 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Hero Mode 3rd Boss Fight:

Hero Mode Level 11 Inkvisible Avenues:

Turf War on Urchin Underpass:

Hero Mode 2nd Boss Fight:

Hero Mode Level 9 Unidentified Flying Object:

Hero Mode Octostomp Boss Fight:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 13, 2015 5:44 pm

@Yusei
    Yeah, the disconnection issues were a bit much, but I doubt you'll really have to deal with them in the full game. It was really because of heavy traffic in such a short amount of time. (it was the only time people could play the testfire)

Thanks Luma! I won't watch them though, don't want to spoil it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:36 pm