The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 11 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:56 pm

A new rumor from Emily Rogers tells us that NX has a HUGE amount of first party titles in development, so many in fact that it will supposedly have more first party titles released within its first year than Wii U has now. She also says it could possibly have the largest first party Nintendo lineup on any Nintendo console in history in the end. She also says multiple unannounced Wii U titles were moved over to NX. (which could potentially include Retro's Wii U game that was leaked to be in development through career websites)

This makes a lot of sense. With what we've been getting on Wii U and 3DS lately, I fully expect many NX games. There's of course been some great games on both consoles, especially 3DS, but it definitely feels like they've been easing back in the past year or so.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 11 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by queenzelda Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:54 am

Well, what's funny is if she's right it'd make a whole lot of sense as to why there hasn't been much love releasing to the Wii U as there probably should have been. Still, we shall see.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:16 am

The NX will release in March of 2017 and Zelda Wii U is in fact coming to the NX as while. The NX will also not be at E3.

What was Nintendo thinking? The Wii U can't survive one more holiday and the big holiday game has now been delayed until 2017. With that said Zelda on release will be huge.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:54 am

Face Palm! Face Palm! Face Palm! Face Palm! Face Palm!

This is exactly what I personally wanted because I absolutely LOVE the Wii U, but it can't last another holiday season. If it's releasing in March 2017, that makes no business sense. Clearly it's nearly complete and I feel like if they had even just released it later in 2016 like December it would've been a better move. What is Wii U going to have for the rest of this year? Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Paper Mario. Like what.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am

Incoming Splatoon amiibo Festival and Mario Golf Hole in One this holiday. I wouldn't be surprised if we got those. Seriously though, after all these rumors claiming it would release in 2016 and this stuff about them ending Wii U production in Japan, 2016 seemed more likely. I honestly doubt this holiday season will be good for the Wii U.

The decision to delay Zelda Wii U to 2017 and have the NX launch around that time makes sense. To assure quality of Zelda and the launch titles and all that. Though that would mean missing out on unveiling the NX at E3. It seems like they have a plan, whatever the final games they're developing for Wii U better be good. I have a feeling they saved up at least something pretty good for a year or two. I'm not surprised by the 2017 release at all.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Well, I know what I'm saving up to buy for myself for my birthday next year. Also yes, I'm going to get an NX on the day it drops. I plan to get it on day one only because the next new Zelda game will be releasing to it. Otherwise I'd probably wait to get it otherwise.

I'm still keeping my Wii U though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 pm

So this was VERY obvious, but it has been confirmed that the features, specs, and price of NX as well as details about the launch games will be unveiled this year.

I'm still really hoping for NX games to be revealed at E3, only having Zelda just seems like such a waste...but we shall see.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Well you read what Nintendo said on multimedia sites: just Zelda is being focused on. And we all KNOW how much we can trust Nintendo telling us what it's true intentions are. /not <.<;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun May 22, 2016 7:14 pm

At this point it was really obvious, however this is our first confirmation so I figured it's sort of necessary to post it, Kimishima has, for the first time, referred to the NX as a "home console" in an interview, giving us confirmation of it being a home console rather than a handheld or other type of device. Source

I mean we all knew this was the case especially after the Zelda dual release confirmation but it's still nice to get this info! I still do think an NX handheld will be released at some point though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 22, 2016 9:33 pm

I sure thought it was a handheld. Pretty much everyone knew it was going to be a console with the Wii U being on life support for quite some time now and I'm sure the handheld will also be out in 2 years or so.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Here's something interesting, in the most recent trailer for Rise: Race to the Future (an indie racing game from VD Games) NX was listed as one of the release platforms at the end, then quickly was changed to be blurred out:

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 11 QgNgs4t

This is pretty weird! I do think it makes sense that Nintendo would want to lessen confusion and therefore probably told VD to blur it out, but still I feel like at this point developers should be able to talk about games they're bringing to NX. The console releases in 9 months. There's no reason to be hiding already announced games from their platform especially when it's being done in ways like this. We already know it's clearly in the works so why hide it?
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Some studio would share info about the NX hardware if they could take about games right now and I'm sure Nintendo has every studio under a tight NDA right now.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:57 pm

It's information Nintendo wants control over is all it is. THEY want to be the ones to make the BIG announcement, THEY'RE the ones who want to have the power in THEIR court to say when & where everything will be revealed & until such time no one DARE breathe a word about it other wise, else wise when you say the NX is where your game is releasing to you best be prepaired for that BIT of information to get blurred out.

And by the way; thank gawd for me. :p
    TheTrainerExpert
    TheTrainerExpert
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Custom Title : That MK7 guy

User Points : 524
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Mario Kart 7

Post by TheTrainerExpert Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:36 pm

I'm pumped for what the NX will have to offer. Of course it's a Nintendo console, so I'll get it nonetheless Razz. Still, I can't wait to see what games will be on it, other than the couple games mentioned already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:11 am