The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 13 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:58 pm

More rumored NX controller details:

- detachable controllers
    - split D-Pad, A, B, X, Y
    - camera / share button
    - size of dev kit is slightly thicker than the Nintendo 3DS XL when folded
    - 25 mm, with a width of around 281 mm and a height of 92 mm with the controllers attached
    - separated, the controllers have the same depth and height, and they both have a width of 38 mm
    - console itself has a width of 205 mm
    - TV port, headphone port, SD Card port, power button and cartridge port
    - controllers connect to console via a hole in each side of the system
    - button on the back of each controller that lowers the center spike that keeps it in place, making it eject from the system
    - current NX development kits are region free
    - those developing software for it have not heard anything about region locking being added before launch

The fact that it's region free is interesting and definitely a good change! I hope this is true.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 13 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:19 pm

I really don't know how switching to the console/ handheld part will be simple. I also don't buy there being no region locking since Nintendo wants everyone to buy the english version of games that work hard on to translate.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:23 pm

I myself don't think the 'region free' thing is going to happen. Nintendo has NEVER done that & I'm sure it's just a pipe dream of someone some where wanting it when releasing this particular rumor. So until Nintendo says so other wise I kind of doubt it'll be region free.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:11 am

More rumored details from Emily Rogers:

Custom Nvidia GPU chip
    Region Free (No region lock) <– Confirmed this.
    Six inch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)
    The touchscreen has 720p resolution. <— 100% Confirmed.
    32GB of built-in internal storage
    SD card support
    Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0
    The dock has two 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.
    The device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness.
    The right analogue stick will be below the face buttons.
    Camera and microphone are not built into the NX portable device.
    Cooling is still a little noisy
    Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dale said in her article was correct.
    Share / Social button that Laura Kate Dale posted is true.
    There are at least two shoulder buttons. I haven’t heard anything yet about triggers.
    Battery Life — Ehhh not great. I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.
    Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.
    Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.
    She also says that from what she's heard this build is very close to the final product, so not much of this information should change in the final release. She also says NX is ahead of schedule and should hit its March release with no delays.

All of this information sounds pretty great actually, with the exception of a few things. The battery life is really the main thing I wanted improved from Wii U/3DS, both of which didn't last very long. Although it definitely makes sense with it being a 720p screen, I was still hoping they'd focus on improving that a bit as well. Still, it isn't a big deal. Everything else I'm pretty excited about.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:26 pm

The low power is going to scare away 3d party studios fast again besides the ones that are close with Nintendo and maybe a few others. I also think the rumors are true since we all know how nothing avoids being leaked in this current age.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:46 pm

So basically it's kind of like an under powered PSVita that can be attached to the tv? (In terms of specs.) Sounds good to me, more so since the NX is bound to have a way better line up. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:38 pm

HUGE news for NX! The top rumor has essentially been confirmed. Not only that, but the Pokemon Company plans to develop titles for NX. Here's a quote from Ishihara:

The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device. We will make games for the NX.

Honestly this comes as no surprise to me, but it essentially confirms the rumor which is kind of big. It seems the NX reveal is finally coming upon us so hopefully we'll actually be able to see it very soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:11 pm

I call 3DS titles being compatible to play on the NX that way when it launches you can play on it right out of the launch gate.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:45 pm

^ I really hope you're right, if it's not backward compatible I'm probably going to have to buy a New 3DS as well, because it's my favorite console and I want to always have access to the games. I'm hoping I can just buy one new console and still be able to play both the new NX games and my 3DS games.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 pm

I kind of doubt the NX will be able to play 3DS games since Nintendo is al about the ports in recent times. As for the Pokemon games expect things like Rumble NX until Gamefreak comes out with news that there making games for the NX.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:29 am

Here's a rumor coming from a "large retail partner" (perhaps GameStop?) with details on NX based on the advertisements and packaging:

Marketing

"Interact with your game on the go." phrase seen on a poster.
    Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
    Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
    Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
    Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99

Bundle

The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
    The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
    Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99

Packaging

The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U's packaging.
    The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
    The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U's blue and black).
    The packaging still says "NX" however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
    The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.

Features and Specs

Games will be on cartridges - Information from another source leads us to believe that these will be about the size of a Compact Flash cards and will be in 32GB and 64GB variants. Even though this may seem low, the system reportedly contains a dedicated processor just for decompressing the card data. Best case scenario is ~100GB compressed into a 64GB cartridge, however real world usage pegs it at closer to ~85GB on a 64GB cartridge. Level based games and games with load screens will compress better than open-world style games. Edit: This secondary source (who had not yet completed verification) has been busted.
    4k streaming has been mentioned. - What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
    1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I've heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.

WHAT. This is pretty crazy. Whether it's true or not I of course don't know, but it sounds pretty believable to me. All of the information seems to make sense, although I do find it odd that the packaging would say NX being that Nintendo has mentioned many times that it's simply a code name. (but to be fair, DS was also just a code name originally, so it could be a similar situation) The blue and white packaging does seem a little strange though. I kind of pictured it with black and red packaging, or at least something with red in general, just to put it more in line with the 3DS rather than being similar to Wii U which had blue packaging.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:51 am

So it sounds like the NX would be more of a console if this true. I kind of doubt the $399 bundle is true though unless you get the option to update your memory space. As for packaging I'm expecting red and white based on the current Nintendo logo.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:50 am

Zero-sama wrote:"Stores should be receiving demo units around February."
    If this is true then my 'prediction' of an late October; or even an early to late December Direct showing the NX would actually become more plausible. Because as of this minute IF this rumor IS true then the quoted bit of information would go to show that there would ONLY be 4 month's that Nintendo has to confirm what the NX even is OFFICIALLY: at this juncture.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 pm