The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 3 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 1:15 pm

I've never even heard of this up to now. 

It seems like a complete mystery still in my eyes! ( ̄▽ ̄; ) 

I wonder if they announced this because of how unwell the Wii U's sales have been?

I'm curious to what this will be... Surprised

Last edited by TheJumpingJellypopofJoy on Sat May 30, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 3 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 30, 2015 1:18 pm

^ I'm pretty sure they announced it due to it being the same day Nintendo confirmed they'd be making some mobile games. They didn't want to worry the 'hardcore gamers' by making them think they were moving to mobile completely, since they're still making dedicated game consoles and games for them.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 pm

The source that claimed the whole supposed Nintendo - Disney partnership thing, also said this about NX.

Nintendo will not create an Android system, but instead will emulate Android games. It’s not something that’s confirmed, but just an interpretation of the conversations. (Think how Blackberry is doing it)
    When Nintendo announced their mobile games, Amazon was very interested in having the games also be on the Amazon App store.
    Nintendo games will be on the Amazon store on day one, or shortly after Play Store and App Store.
    Amazon is asking Nintendo what they need to do to have Amazon App Store games play on Nintendo consoles
    Amazon got the impression that Nintendo is thinking about emulating Android games.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 pm

I think this is fake since Nintendo and Amazon have not been on the best terms since the 3DS came out. I also think we will need to more deals happen such as Amazon selling Nintendo systems again,
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Hm, it could be an interesting partnership, although I'm not sure. I can easily see Nintendo's mobile games being on the Amazon store, but I don't know about the whole Amazon on Nintendo consoles or ezclusiivity deal.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:47 pm

I don't believe it. I'd believe the Disney/Nintendo partnership first over an Amazon deal with them since they've never played nice with Nintendo impo. <.<;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Reggie has indirectly confirmed NX is a home console.

In our handheld space, we’ve just launched the new Nintendo 3DS XL. So from that standpoint, there is no new hardware coming over the next six- to nine-month period. There might be some new variants. The thing about the handheld space, consumers love new designs, new colors. And we’ll continue to offer those types of experiences. But there’s not going to be a fundamentally new piece of handheld tech coming out.

In the home console space, we’re focused on Wii U. NX is in the future. That’s something that we’ll talk about at the appropriate time. But right now, it’s all about driving our Wii U business.

I knew it! I know some people figured it'd be a handheld, I didn't really think so. Now I wonder when the next handheld will be though...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:02 pm

While he said the NX was a console in a past interview. I think it will be able to act like a regular system, handheld and phone though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Rumor has it that NX won't even be as powerful as PS4, and is not at all aiming to compete in that way. This comes from Tamaki, and he has literally been right about everything he's said...he has quite a bit of inside info. Source

That worries me. No way are a lot of people going to buy a next gen console that isn't even as powerful as PS4. It needs to be more like PS5 level...that's not going to cut it unless the uniqueness of the console really does make it that great. I mean I'll certainly buy it but still.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Umm...well.

As long as it's good. I guess.

Although, not making improvements graphically really puts it in the same boat as the Wii U. 

Unless of course tweaks have been made to the graphics engine better than the Wii U.

I imagine this applies to not being as powerful as the Xbox One either.

I really hope Nintendo WOW'S the audience otherwise this will just go down the same path as the Wii U(sales-wise).

I'm sensing a SEGA demise scenario. lol Let's hope not.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:32 pm

^ Oh man I hope not...we should all wish the best for them. Especially since they're actually innovating and trying to make gaming more interesting and fun, something most other companies don't seem interested in. Mmm, hopefully this works out well for them.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:59 pm

If NX isn't as powerful as the PS4...
    What are they aiming for?
    An 8 GB mini-console with GameCube graphics?
    These rumours are making me seriously worried that Nintendo has the wrong people designing consoles.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:24 pm

^ Really though. I'm glad they're innovating and trying to make different consoles from the competition, but most of those who purchase game consoles aren't really casuals anymore. If they're trying to get that Wii audience back, it's not going to work. They need a powerful console that can at the very least gather some third party support.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:03 pm

My theory is that the NX is going to be some sort of tablet/smart phone tablet hybrid which would explain why it's not as powerful as the PS4 or Xbone is. ;3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 am