The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
TheFrozenFairy
ZombieFish
Bossblitz88
bayonetta
Nintenex
Bowser498
The Shattered Legacy
Nozomi
KingLavos
Soupy
King Atem
Luma Party
16 posters

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 12 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:47 pm

^ Ah and I still remember when you got your Wii U. Those English students grow up so fast. :p

But yeah me too, there's still so little we know about the console despite it releasing in under a year, if it's really going to have as big a lineup as expected, I'm really excited to find out what'll be part of it. I mean of course you can guess some of the more obvious ones like Mario or Spla2n, but there's definitely going to be a lot of surprises.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)  - Page 12 Empty Re: NX (Pre-Switch Final Reveal Thread)

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 am

In an interview with Fabian from CD Projekt Red (devs behind The Witcher series) he said the NX will be "fantastic" and that they "know things."

Host: What do you know about NX?

Fabian: It will be fantastic. As developer [CD Projekt] you get access to the hardware and everybody [at CD Projekt] is looking forward. We know things.

Host: Are you lying now?

Fabian: No, no.

Host: Sometimes I cannot tell if you are telling the truth or not.

Fabian: No, no! It was like this in the past as the Wii prototypes came in, back then called “Revolution”. It was so funny that in Japan they were all very excited at the developer studios of SEGA, they thought it was very good. The Europeans took a little longer. Like “Well, maybe this doesn’t work”, you know, because it was technically just a GameCube. It was not much more. But NX what you hear [of the developers] about NX is all very positive.

Host: But the hardware will be much worse than the new Xbox.

Fabian: I think this will never again be the main emphasis in the future [for Nintendo]. Can it [NX] be better than the new Xbox? Take a realistic point of view: is Nintendo able to build a console that has got more power than Xbox?

It's awesome to see devs talking about NX like this! I just wish we all knew what it was at this point. It really is taking Nintendo quite some time to simply reveal the console.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 pm

This is something we'd kind of known about already, but given that the information came from around a year and a half ago when we first learned about NX, I feel like it gives us a bit of an update. A quote from Miyamoto in an interview confirms that the NX still will have a special element to it, and a unique idea behind it.

In terms of NX, there's an idea that we're working on. That's why we can't share anything at this point, and I don't want to comment on the other companies. If it was just a matter of following advancements in technology, things would be coming out a lot quicker.

So of course Reggie had already said a lot of things about not having VR for their consoles, and clearly that's not the case because that would definitely be "following the advancements in technology." I'm guessing we really are getting something very fresh with NX.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:18 am

Dragon Quest X will be released in Japan for the NX.

Source

I'm sure it will be years before the game is released outside of Japan. It's nice to see the NX get another 3rd party game though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 am

Nintendo says NX will be suited for both hardcore gamers and casual gamers. (something that isn't surprising given Nintendo's past)

I can’t talk about this in detail yet, but we are aiming so that neither people who like games nor moms dislike it. I think that I want to release a game device that both customers who have much experience in gaming and customers who haven’t played much can enjoy greatly.

We are paying attention to that. Having said that, it isn’t about drastically increasing the amount of development staff. To be specific, software development teams and teams that create the development environment are thinking about the NX lineup together. For example, a software development team may have a request ‘if we had this library, then development would progress quickly’. Teams creating the development environment respond to that by considering ‘if we prepare an environment like this, then development will go smoothly’, and they actually discuss with development teams and hear their opinions and prioritize those things. We have built a stronger cooperative relationship compared to what is was before and are making efforts so that software can be developed smoothly.

I think the most interesting thing to come of this is the fact that they're really trying to work on having smooth and steady development for NX compared to past consoles. I think they're mainly talking about the fact that it'll be a more frequent stream of content than before because they're all developing for one system.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:35 am

As seen with the Wii and DS Nintendo needs the casual market to strike big. As for hardcore fans I think Nintendo is going to have an uphill battle after how most are on thin ice after the software droughts and the Wii U's current state.
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:03 am

I just want them to show it already I've been waiting so long. When does everyone think it will get shown off?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:10 am

^ I've been assuming for awhile now that it'll be revealed in September. I just can't see them waiting longer than that, at that point it'll only be 6 months away from launch, and they need at least a little bit of time to advertise and reveal all of the launch titles.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:02 pm

I expect Nintendo to reveal the NX in early October since September is already packed with TGS and Sony's event. This also gives them time to plan an event for the NX and invite media members to try out the system.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:07 am

I agree with Gameguy, I think that the NX will be revealed sometime in October as well. I just read a post online that saying that the Canadian Nintendo GM said that the NX will be reveled sometime in the fall. sauce Should be interesting when it's finally revealed is all I have to say.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:43 pm

So this newest rumor comes from LetsPlayVideoGames, stating 2 sources (one of which has been very accurate with leaks/rumors in the past, the other wasn't named) that say the detachable controllers on NX will have motion control and advanced vibration feedback.

- reports of Eurogamer are accurate
    - detachable NX controllers will support basic motion control, similar to the Wii Remote Plus
    - a form of ''advanced vibration force feedback''
    - designed to phase out the Wii Remote over time, featuring much of their same functionality
    - Wii Remotes can be used in some NX games, though not all games are supported
    - force feedback apparently similar to the Vive controller
    - ''...in that it alters intensity, pulsing patterns and duration of vibration to mimic the sensation of a range of different movement types. It’s not just one vibration for all situations, there’s a notable difference between the hard abrupt feedback of a sword clash or the softer, longer thud of something like hitting a tennis ball.''
    - one game to support all of this is Just Dance 2017, planned for launch

Very interesting! Ever since this initial EuroGamer leak I figured the detachable controllers would be used similarly to Wii Remotes. It just makes a lot of sense if that is indeed the design of the controller.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:45 pm

I really don't think motion controls will click with people again and the whole detachable controllers will make the system harder to sell for the more non gamers.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Here's another NX rumor:

NX controller will feature a split D-Pad, in contrast to Nintendo's traditional, solid ones. The idea is that the buttons on the controller will be easy to swap out, and a split D-Pad will allow this feature to be more easily accessible.

Additionally, new reports suggest that the NX controller will also feature a share button. The button is denoted by a small camera icon, and when this button is pressed, users will be able to upload images and videos directly to Miiverse and other social media outlets like Twitter and YouTube. Of course, all of this information is still only a rumor, as Nintendo has yet to reveal any official information about the system.

This is interesting. The share button of course makes sense, but honestly I feel like the split D-Pad would make it MORE difficult to swap the buttons out rather than less. But maybe I just need to see how exactly it'd work first.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:53 am

I would like it if the share button could be used for other websites like Twiiter and Google Plus. It would kind of suck of Nintendo changed the D Pad to be more like the one on Playstation since it never felt quite as good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 am