The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Nino
Marowak
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
9 posters

Mario Kart 8

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario Kart 8 - Page 13 Empty Re: Mario Kart 8

Post by Luma Party Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I feel cheated.
    For $50, they get everything I got with my Wii U -Nintendo Land but they also get that cool GamePad thing, a Mario hat, a Mario Wii remote, an official guide and a Wii Wheel....
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:04 pm

^ Well, considering this happens with pretty much every console after a couple years, I don't see how that's something to be jealous of. Granted, there usually isn't that much in a bundle for the same price of $299, but this always happens a couple years into a console's life.

But I do agree, they're probably just trying to push Mario Kart 8 a TON so that they can start selling the Wii U. Mario Kart will likely be a system seller and become the Wii U's best selling game by the end of it's lifespan. So it makes sense they'd want to be doing this.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:23 am

Nintendo of America needs to step up there game. They have not said anything about a preorder bonus or if the Mario Kart bundle coming to the states. This is a great deal for folks in Europe and Austraila though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:07 pm

It wouldn't make sense for it to not release in NA. It has been revealed for Europe, Australia, and Japan, I believe a few other regions as well. So I don't see why not.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:59 am

It seems like the UK will have a huge marketing campaign.

Nintendo UK’s Mario brand manager Roger Langford wrote:“To herald the launch of the most hotly anticipated Wii U title to date we will have marketing activity pre-launch as well as post-launch moving through the summer and into peak season. For the first time in HD, Mario Kart 8 introduces original course designs that highlight the game’s new anti-gravity feature, which allows players to race upside down or up vertical surfaces. This adds a whole new dimension to the racing.” - Nintendo UK’s Mario brand manager Roger Langford

Also what's the last retro track?

I also think it will be a Bowser's Castle since there has been at least one retro one since DS. I think it will be Wii Bowser's Castle or one of the SNES ones since there's only one SNES track.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:57 am

If it has to be a Bowser's Castle course, then I'd guess GCN Bowser Castle. But really, I think it will be GCN Wario Colosseum, I didn't really agree with Gamexplain's video there since there likely won't be another 3DS course in the game. (or they'd have to put 2 3DS courses in one cup which won't happen) GCN Wario Colosseum would be a good reason for them to not reveal that last retro track yet. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Here's a list of all the all the customization parts so fair.

Spoiler:

Also here's a better look at the character select screen.

Mario Kart 8 - Page 13 Mario_kart_8_customization_items13
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Here's the Mario Kart 8 Direct. It has lots of new info so watch at your own risk.

I called one of those new characters a while back. Also the new online modes and the rest of the tracks look great.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Lots of spoilers then? I won't watch it. I also had no idea there was a Mario Kart 8 Direct today. And I was kind of hoping for a Nintendo Direct tomorrow as the last one before E3, guess that won't be happening. :/

Could somebody who watched it do me a favor? I don't care about knowing the new characters or about the online. I just don't want to see any new tracks. So could someone post the info outside of new track reveals? Thanks.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Completely stupid, I am annoyed by these characters.

Spoiler:
    Saint Fluffy~
    Saint Fluffy~
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : One & Only
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

Favorite Nintendo Game? : Mario Kart 8

Post by Saint Fluffy~ Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:55 pm

I am completely fluffing annoyed with the character roster.

Spoiler:

Of course, this won't stop me from getting the game. I just wanted to state my opinions.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu May 01, 2014 3:13 am

Zero Revolution wrote:Lots of spoilers then? I won't watch it. I also had no idea there was a Mario Kart 8 Direct today. And I was kind of hoping for a Nintendo Direct tomorrow as the last one before E3, guess that won't be happening. :/

Could somebody who watched it do me a favor? I don't care about knowing the new characters or about the online. I just don't want to see any new tracks. So could someone post the info outside of new track reveals? Thanks.

The info was just things we knew about before. There were a few other small things lke the bikes only being better for tight turns and that the Super Horn can block Blue Shells if you time it right.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 01, 2014 3:08 pm

They also talked about the online and whatnot, so I heard about it all, it's more than just small things really.

@Fluffiness
    I totally agree with you. There ARE a few good Mario characters, and it would be awesome if they'd actually use them. It just doesn't seem like they want to spend the time to. I'm still getting it of course, the characters don't matter all that much imo.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 12, 2014 3:34 pm

You'll be able to play Mario Kart 8 at a ton of Gamestop stores this weekend. Here's the official PR mail from Nintendo annoucning this:

Fans will soon have a chance to play one of the biggest games of 2014 before it launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on May 30. Mario Kart 8 for Wii U will be playable at more than 2,700 GameStop stores around the U.S. from 12 to 4 p.m. local time during the weekend of May 17-18 as part of "Mario Kart 8 Test Drive Days." An action-packed demo version of the Mario Kart 8 game for Wii U will be the highlight of the event, plus anyone who pre-orders or who has already pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 at GameStop will receive an exclusive double-sided poster.

For more information about the demo event, and to find a participating GameStop location near you, visit http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/Mario_Kart_8_TestDrive/default.aspx. Fans who want a chance to win more Mario Kart 8 and GameStop prizes can visit http://mariokartmemories.com to learn about GameStop's "#MarioKartMemories" program. The program lets fans enter for a chance to win by posting their favorite Mario Kart memories to Twitter using the #MarioKartMemories hashtag.

Mario Kart 8 is the first entry in the long-running and much-loved Mario Kart franchise on Wii U. The game features anti-gravity racing, which lets players drive upside down and along walls in fantastically designed tracks. In addition to the return of many characters and items fans of the series know and love, Mario Kart 8 introduces new playable characters like all seven of Bowser's Koopalings and new items like the player-chomping Piranha Plant and blue Spiny Shell-stopping Super Horn.

Online multiplayer modes return to Mario Kart 8 and are more social than ever before. Up to 12 players with broadband Internet access can compete with each other online and, using the new Mario Kart TV feature, watch and share highlights of their best racing moments on Miiverse and YouTube.

Mario Kart 8 is now available for pre-order at GameStop stores throughout North America. A deposit may be required for pre-orders. For more information about the game, visit http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/.

I think that's good, but I'm not sure I'll really want to try the demo. The store will likely be very crowded and I already know how the game's going to play for the most part.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:08 am