The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Nino
Marowak
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
9 posters

Mario Kart 8

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario Kart 8 - Page 15 Empty Re: Mario Kart 8

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 31, 2014 2:57 pm

^ Yeah, I also own the game, I got it last night.

I agree it's beautiful, before owning the game and only seeing it in trailers or screenshots, I really didn't think so. But after playing it on the Wii U itself, it really does look amazing. I'd say it's the best looking Wii U game at the current moment in time.

I find it funny that the developers specifically said the tracks would be more narrow than in previous Mario Kart games, obviously that isn't the case. Perhaps one of the translators mixed up narrow with wide though. I don't like how they're so wide either, but it doesn't affect how much fun I've had with it so far. I don't know if it's just that I'm used to the Wii version, but I find this one much more difficult even despite the tracks seeming less challenging. Maybe I should use the Wiimote and Nunchuck controls instead of the Pro Controller, since I used that in the Wii one.

I did have a few problems with online since I kept getting error codes. Playing it online is much better than it was previously, but I just hate that you can't choose from any track you want and are limited to only a few randomly selected tracks instead. :/ Although I haven't played with friends or in tournaments yet, so maybe you can choose from any track in those...I'd at the very least think you would be able to it in tournaments.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 pm

^ I guess it's to stop people from picking Mario Circuit over and over again, but the random option isn't a random choice from those three tracks, it's from the whole game. Which makes the whole choice kind of pointless.

There's a lot of luck involved in Mario Kart, maybe you just had a bad night? My brother is far better than me and puts far more time into these games yet I was able beat him most of the time last night. Also these twelve player Mario Karts seem be far more unpredictable and annoying when things aren't going your way.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 pm

^ Yeah true, and I can understand that. But why not just let you choose from any track that wasn't played in the last 1 or 2 rounds? It would give you much more of a choice but still make it so that people can't choose the same course over and over again like in Mario Kart Wii. (and 7 I'd guess, I haven't played that one so I wouldn't know)

I wouldn't say there's "a lot" of luck, there is some due to the items, but you still need to be skilled to win or place in high rankings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 pm