The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 pm

It all comes down to what the Pokemon Company wants to do with the playable Pokemon. I know some people want Jigglypuff to be out but, I don't see it going. Also some people want the Kalos Pokemon Trainer over Red and some 3rd Gen Pokemon over Mewtwo.

Here's Gamexplains videos about the weeks pics and about Lucario.

Also here a most likely fake character select screen.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 1794699_1448225855392352_2012764306_n

It could have have passed as a real one if Lucario was on there over Mewtwo.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Marowak Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:48 pm

I'd actually like to see a different pokemon trainer, even if the pokemon have kind of the same moveset, it'd just be cool to be able to use other pokemon.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:11 pm

That character select screen definitely looks fake. The characters shown could be in, but the actual screen doesn't look real at all.

@Cubone
    I would too, maybe they will replace Red with someone else...I'm just not sure who it'd be.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:52 am

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 Ssbday165

"A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 am

I'm assuming you can charge up his Aura Sphere then? I never really used him in Brawl, so I don't remember if that was already the case before or if that is something new. But it does look like a pretty powerful move.

Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:21 pm

He has the charge up like Samus and Mewtwo, but he also had a thing where the higher his damage percent was the stronger his aura attacks would be.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Huh, well they should really add a mechanic like that to the entire game rather than just specific characters like Lucario. The higher your damage percent the stronger one or possibly all of your attacks are? I feel like it should only be one though because everybody would want to get hurt just so they could be more powerful after awhile. Then again, if everybody got hurt, then everybody would be more powerful, so I suppose it's still balanced. Anybody else agree though?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Pic of the day:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 468px-Lucarioluigibattlefauraexteemesppeedw4fwfdaily

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area.

That's cool and again I have no idea whether this is a new move for Lucario, or whether it's simply returning from Brawl. It's nice though.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Marowak Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm

I think that's an improvement, I'm sure the original one was like Fox's where after the charge up you go in a specific direction, though Lucario's charge up is much lower.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Sorry for not posting that. XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:25 pm

^ Lol, it's not like any member on here other than Gameguy is used to posting it every day. Razz

And it is an improvement? Then makes sense that he'd post that. I do like how they seem to be giving even returning characters a very diverse moveset from the previous games. (even if some of them are exactly the same)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 am

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 Ssbday167

"Palkia appeared in the Spear Pillar stage of the previous game…but now it’s coming out of a Poké Ball?! Here’s Palkia’s signature move, Spacial Rend!"
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't see what's so strange about Palkia coming out of a PokeBall, Pokemon tend to do that if they've been captured. Razz

But I suppose it is cool that it's in one now rather than being a stage hazard.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:26 am

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 28 Ssbday168

Sakurai wrote:It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina’s gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:53 pm