The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Nessness
commanderedgeworth
Frost-Knight
The Shattered Legacy
Polar
TheFrozenFairy
Rosalina
Nino
Saint Fluffy~
Dark Jester
Marowak
Soupy
Gengar
17 posters

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 62 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Luma Party Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:06 am

Am I the only who thought the 3DS should have been a controller in Mario Kart 8?

Well, this'll help for those who only want the Wii U version.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 62 Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:53 am

^ I'm sure it could've been, but it still makes sense for Smash Bros. A lot of people may become used to using the 3DS to play the game because it's releasing a couple of months before the Wii U version. So if they get the Wii U version afterwards, they can still use that same control set-up.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ Same here, although I have played it. Something I wasn't really expecting is how great it looks. I guess in screenshots and trailers, it just doesn't look quite as pretty, but on the 3DS itself (especially in 3D) it actually looks amazing. So I'm pleasantly surprised. As for the game itself, it feels slightly closer to Melee on how it plays, and that's a plus for me. I wasn't a fan of how Brawl felt, although I did like that game, I preferred Melee because of it. But from what I could tell this tops both. (of course assuming that the rest of the game is good too Razz) But just from how it feels playing, I love it.

Also, Nintendo just confirmed you can use your Nintendo 3DS as a CONTROLLER on the Wii U version of Smash Bros! Awesome! I mean, I'm sure I'll just use Pro Controller or GameCube Controller if I get the Wii U version, but I'll definitely want to try it out, that seems really cool.

I prefer how Melee plays a little bit more than Brawl. I did play the demo, I don't feel too much of a difference but I think it plays great. It seems to lean slightly more on the Melee side.

Kinopio wrote:Ouch, the deconfirmation stick certainly has whipped quite a lot of fan favourites out of Smash this time around. I feel for the Wolf fans, being demoted to a mere trophy in the lottery seems harsh... So indeed, seems like the leaked roster was in fact our final roster.

It is a bit underwhelming to see the roster end up like this, but there's still plenty of interesting newcomers. The gameplay seems amazing so far from what I've seen as well, so I must say that I'm pumped!

Of course, there's DLC as well, so I wouldn't rule the roster to being completely final at this point. Sakurai has been known for being extremely unexpected. Razz

I liked using Wolf in Brawl more than the other Star Fox characters but seeing him demoted to a trophy doesn't bother me too much. Must be terrible for the Wolf fans. Yeah, I think there's plenty of interesting newcomers. I'm really looking forward to trying Little Mac out and Duck Hunt seems interesting. I'm satisfied with the final roster, it's more than Brawl.

Using a 3DS controller is pretty cool. I'd rather use the Wii U pro controller or gamecube controller but I'm sure people will like using their 3DS.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:55 pm

SirYoshi211 wrote:
    Zero Revolution wrote:^ Same here, although I have played it. Something I wasn't really expecting is how great it looks. I guess in screenshots and trailers, it just doesn't look quite as pretty, but on the 3DS itself (especially in 3D) it actually looks amazing. So I'm pleasantly surprised. As for the game itself, it feels slightly closer to Melee on how it plays, and that's a plus for me. I wasn't a fan of how Brawl felt, although I did like that game, I preferred Melee because of it. But from what I could tell this tops both. (of course assuming that the rest of the game is good too Razz) But just from how it feels playing, I love it.

Also, Nintendo just confirmed you can use your Nintendo 3DS as a CONTROLLER on the Wii U version of Smash Bros! Awesome! I mean, I'm sure I'll just use Pro Controller or GameCube Controller if I get the Wii U version, but I'll definitely want to try it out, that seems really cool.

I prefer how Melee plays a little bit more than Brawl. I did play the demo, I don't feel too much of a difference but I think it plays great. It seems to lean slightly more on the Melee side.
    Yeah, same here, Brawl feels just a bit too slow for my liking. This does seem to be more or less in between how Melee and Brawl felt, so I guess it's sort of a compromise for fans of Melee and fans of Brawl, and I like that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm

The pic of the day came out at 5am in my time so I'm posting this one late.

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while. Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 62 ZlCfzScfilUBnhSDdM

It seems like this mode will be there from day 1 when the game comes out outside of Japan and it sounds more like a mode to play 2 vs 2.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Oh, I was wondering why you didn't post it earlier. That seems like a cool mode, I'm guessing it will be available from the start when the localized version releases.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:45 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 62 ZlCfzSco0EsUU-Aumh

It really makes sense that you can't attack Gastly with normal attacks since he is a ghost after all but, it is strange how the Find Mii ghost can be grabed.

Sakurai wrote:Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled. First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad. In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer. Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

I think Sakurai is just trying to say that most of the pics will be recaps on the 3DS version until about the end of October. With that said though it seems like the Wii U version will come out in Japan first sadly and the new Wii U modes will likely be shown in a Nintendo Direct down the line.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Well, I am glad he's continuing the Pic of the Day, even if there really won't be much, if any, new info in them from now on. And he's planning to do them even after the Wii U version releases? I didn't expect that, that's kind of cool.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:31 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 62 ZlCfzSc1BdAGrlxJDu

That's cool how you can earn more gold by using Streetpass even though I will likely never play this mode.

Also it looks like the Ice Climbers could not work on the 3DS/

Nintendo Everything wrote:
    First, regarding the roster, Sakurai mentioned that even though many characters are included, there are some who worry about those who didn’t make the cut. He specifically addresses the absence of the Ice Climbers as well. It seems they were running in the Wii U version, but due to the required hardware power, the team couldn’t make them work in the 3DS game. There wasn’t as high a priority given to series that are unlikely to have another installment at this time.
    On the topic of different release dates for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS, Sakurai mentions that this was for debugging, which was necessary to avoid there being considerable differences between the two versions. If both games had a shared release date, a launch in 2015 may have occurred.
    Finally, Sakurai shared a tidbit about the trophies in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 3DS. Akihiro Toda – known for the texts in the Mother series – wrote the descriptions.
    Source

Lots of people are over reacting about this since the Ice Climbers could always make a comeback as DLC for the Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS and even if they don't they had a good run in Smash. I also find it cool how Toda wrote the text for the trophies.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 pm

I'll likely use that mode, because there's really no reason not to. Just gives you extra gold for streetpasses, which is cool.

And I'm not going to take that as a reason Sakurai...even if you couldn't, why not just add them as Wii U and New 3DS exclusive? If they can't run on the 3DS, they could simply be added to the Wii U version and be available as DLC for the 3DS version if you have a New 3DS. They shouldn't be removing characters from both versions of the game because of limitations of one of those consoles, especially when both are supposed to be completely separate games.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:37 am

Sakurai wrote:Pic of the day. We've improved the Fighter Records window to make it easier to browse through. I'm assuming you'll be building up your records fast once you start playing the game.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS  - Page 62 ZlCfzSdAfjMOI_gs25

The Fighter Record screen looks better then the Brawl one and I guess this pic was taken with Samus was the best character in the early beta.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:24 pm

I never used the Brawl one so I have nothing to compare it to, but I like how this one looks. Should be easier to browse through records on Wii U/3DS due to the second screen.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Still waiting for a Wii U release date?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Luma Party wrote:Still waiting for a Wii U release date?
    Yep, they really need to announce it at this point, it's taking them way too long. It's just a release date...I'm guessing November 21st because that's the date that makes the most sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:23 pm