The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
6 posters

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Page 2 Empty Re: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 am

E3 trailer!

It's looking REALLY good so far, I can't wait for it's release! Also, what's with the mermaid machine thing at the end of the trailer?...

It looks beautiful too, should look even better in HD on my Wii U. :3
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:13 am

It seems like there using the Ducktales Remastered artstyle and if anyone founded the PC version you can play 3 demo levels right now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is expected to be content complete in about 2 months, with another month or two for localization and testing needed. So it's likely we'll see the game release in July or August!

I'm so excited, I've been waiting for this game for a really long time and it's awesome to see it coming to fruition! It looks really good. I can't wait.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Last I heard of the game, they said it was entering pre-alpha, and it wasn't too long ago. If it is close to being finished though then I'm excited! I'm looking forward to playing this game whenever it does finally come out. I hope they aren't rushing it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:13 pm

^ I doubt they're rushing it, being that it's been delayed for a year and a half at this point. If I'm not mistaken, I remember them saying they had already nearly completed the alpha build of the game at that point which may have been what you read.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero finally has a release date! The game will be available on September 27th!

WOO! I'm excited, I love Shantae and I've been awaiting this for quite some time now, Pirate's Curse was really great so I don't doubt this will be too. It's nice to hear they're finally finishing it up. I mean it was originally supposed to release October 2015 so it's been a pretty major delay.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:52 pm

There will also be a retail release of Half-Genie Hero.

This is great news for everyone who wants a disk version even though it's strange how there is no retail Xbox One version.

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:04 pm

Retail version eh? Now, I'm slightly interested. I'm a bit oddish when it comes to some stuff, yea Shantae looks cute & looks like a game I might play... But... It reminds me a LOT of the SNES Aladdin game I played & enjoyed before, so don't mind my being skeptical of getting into the series a bit. ^^;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:44 pm

^ I never played the game but I'm looking at a video, and it does look surprisingly similar artistically, but I'd say gameplay and character wise it's definitely quite a bit different, especially considering Shantae is a lot more like a Metroidvania style game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:55 pm

I would say Pirate's Curse is more like that Aladdin game since both games have items to help you make your way through the game and the layout themes are also similar.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:01 am

Sweet, we have a release date. I'm really excited for a retail release. I'm definitely getting that if possible. Is the release date for the retail version the same date or will it be later this year? I wouldn't mind waiting until October or November for it.

The SNES Aladdin game is similar to Shantae in a few ways, especially the theme. There's even that ability which is similar to Risky's Hat in Pirate's Curse. The Aladdin game also has the main character grabbing edges similar to Prince of Persia, Shantae can't do that though. Shantae is also a Metroidvania while the Aladdin game seems more like a platformer.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:44 am

^ Nope all versions release on the same day!

Now that I know there aren't too many upcoming titles for the rest of this year I want, this is definitely more towards the top of what I want along with some of my backlog. I got Pirate's Curse day one so I'll probably be getting this close to launch if I have the money for it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:33 pm

Shantae Half-Gennie Hero has been delayed 6 weeks and the PS3 and Xbox 360 version are no more.

Kickstarter page wrote:We hope you all had a relaxing summer and are ready to get down to business -- we’ve got a game to launch! There’s a TON of detail in today’s update – don’t blink or you’ll miss it!

Update on Release Date

First things first – we are going to have to adjust our Target Release Date, moving it back from our 9/27 Target Release date by about 6 weeks, give or take. We know this will disappoint some of you, but we feel that it’s necessary to take that extra time for bug fixing and adding additional polish. We know you want the final product to be excellent and so do we! Thanks for your patience and support as we approach the finish line!

The Game is Content Complete!

And here’s the GOOD NEWS! We’re VERY pleased to announce that Half-Genie Hero is now CONTENT COMPLETE!! In other words, the game’s development phase is over. From now through the end, our focus is entirely on fixing BUGS. The steps from this point are all by-the-book:

We continue for several weeks of intense testing on all platforms
    Once verified by our internal Quality Assurance team, it’s off to Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft (the 1st Party Publishers).
    The 1st Party Publishers will test the game for compliance. In most cases, this is done for each territory.
    When we get a green light from all 1st Party Publishers, we can build the digital storefronts and, in the case of retail versions, send the game to manufacturing.
    Finally, we can select a Release Date that works for all groups involved. At that time our “Target Release Date” will be updated again, and will become the actual Release Date.

Thankfully WayForward has shipped well over 200 games. We’ve been through this process a ton of times, and are intimately familiar with the pitfalls. But pitfalls do exist. A persistent crash bug, an unexpected firmware update, rejection at any level from 1st Parties, or long waits due to the pre-holiday season... ANY combination of these things would be enough to cause a delay. If that happens, we’ll turn around a quick fix, test, resubmit, and will update Backers immediately so you know exactly where things stand. Remember that any release date you see or hear is still just a “target date”, or estimated release date, until we clear 1st Party Submissions, and lock down our launch day. It’s going to be a busy month!

Translations!

You didn’t forget that this is a world-wide launch, right? So, we need a bunch of languages! The game’s script has now been translated from English into French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese! As you can probably imagine, not every joke and reference benefits from a direct translation, so we’ve been working with our Localization partners to keep the storyline and offbeat humor intact. We’ll do one more pass at languages as we sort out any text-related bugs, and discover any need to add extra hints or punch up a line of dialogue here or there.

Ratings Boards!

Yup, this update just keeps on coming. This week Half Genie Hero is packing its bags for a trip to the RATINGS BOARDS. And not just ESRB here in North America -- but every ratings board IN THE WORLD!! Well, or at least to the territories we’re shipping to. This is no small task. Every costume and pose, any implied danger, tongue-in-cheek jokes, explosions, monster-bashing, scary imagery, oofs, grunts, screams, hair whipping, belly dancing... ANYTHING that could affect the game’s final rating needs to be called out, documented, and captured in video. Ratings vary significantly from one territory to the next, so a Teen rating in one place might be a Cartoon Mischief rating in another. So don’t be too surprised if the final ratings don’t match exactly. The actual content is all the same!

Farewell to Xbox 360 and PS3

Some months back we asked you to please confirm your platform of choice, and there was a mass migration from the previous generation of consoles to Xbox One and PS4. Because we’re down to 1% of backers who still prefer Xbox 360 or PS3, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel these versions of the game. We feel that the months it would take for the team to release these versions would be better spent on the game’s DLC, which serves the majority of Backers in the best possible way. We’ve been working through the remaining list of Backers who have no other means of enjoying the game, and are working with them one-on-one to make sure they’re taken care of in light of their very long wait for this product. If you fall into that category and have not heard from us yet, please contact us. Our goal is to make sure you can play the game, and that you are completely satisfied.

DLC Plan!

On the subject of Downloadable Content, what’s included in the “Launch Game” anyway? Answers for you! The first release of the game is what we call “Shantae Mode”. You’ll be able to play the full game, beginning to end as you would with any previous Shantae release. The base game includes all of the Bonus Chapters which were funded as Stretch Goals, nestled right into the main storyline.

After that we’ll have DLC a-plenty, arriving as quickly as we can finish it. Every DLC character has been in development for several months, and all of them are currently playable in varying stages of completion. This includes Risky Boots, Sky, Bolo, Rottytops, and also Ninja Shantae, Officer Shantae, and Beach Shantae. All “Paid DLC” will be free to Backers, naturally.

Backer Exclusive DLC like Blue Shantae, Classic Risky colors, Drifter Sword, and the Tier-Specific Tinkerbat Transformation are all currently being worked on as well. Once the game has launched, we’ll start having regular updates to detail these game-changing new characters and play styles!

WHEW!

We’re gearing up for Shantae’s first world-wide multi-console launch, and we couldn’t be more excited! Please bear with us as we wrestle this beast to the ground and try to get all of these dates and platforms to line up! It’s going to be crazy, but we’re glad to have Backers like you cheering us on! See you next update!!

So the game has been pushed into November. Sadly it will be lost in the shuffle with all the big games coming out like Sun and Moon.

Source
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:15 pm

I'm still excited, although a little disappointed I don't get to play it sooner. I'll have Shovel Knight to fill my indie needs for awhile though, my copy is arriving today, I'm finally catching up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 am