The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
6 posters

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - Page 3 Empty Re: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 pm

The digital version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will be released on December 20th.

December 20th is Digital Launch!
    This is it - the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The digital version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero now has an official release date of December 20!
    This release includes:
    Steam for Window PC - worldwide
    Xbox One - worldwide
    PS4 & Vita - North America & Europe
    Wii U - North America & Europe (awaiting final confirmation)
    If you’re curious about the retail versions, look to Xseed for an announcement shortly! Spread the word! Half-Genie Hero is just a couple of weeks away!

Source

I will be waiting a bit longer for the retail version. That's good news for all the backers and everyone that is going for the digital version though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 pm

YES. I've been awaiting this game for SO LONG now, I'm so incredibly excited to finally be able to play this one. I'm sure it'll live up to expectations! Only 2 weeks to go WOO.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer! There will be both retail and digital versions.

If I end up getting a Switch I may just buy the game on there instead. I honestly didn't really think about the possibility of this happening but I would much prefer to play the game on Switch to other systems.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu May 11, 2017 11:21 pm

Glad to see that the game is also coming to the Switch and that HD rumble is being added in.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Fri May 12, 2017 5:14 am

Zero Revolution wrote:Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer! There will be both retail and digital versions.

If I end up getting a Switch I may just buy the game on there instead. I honestly didn't really think about the possibility of this happening but I would much prefer to play the game on Switch to other systems.
    Is it the portability factor that's winning you over?

Good to see solid support by WayForward for the Switch here regardless
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 12, 2017 9:50 am

The Shattered Legacy wrote:
    Zero Revolution wrote:Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer! There will be both retail and digital versions.

Is it the portability factor that's winning you over?

Good to see solid support by WayForward for the Switch here regardless
    Just by a bit, I feel like it's easier for me to pick up a handheld game and play it because I'm often not home or sometimes just don't feel like playing on a TV. (although I'm sure I would when able to)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:50 pm

The Pirate's Queen Quest DLC is now available for $10.

Play the role of the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots in Shantae: Pirate Queen’s Quest, the first major expansion to the critically acclaimed Shantae: Half-Genie Hero!

About:
    Raise anchor and prepare your body for a total re-imagining of the base game’s play style, theme, and storyline. You’ve played the genie-half, now experience the other side of the story!

As the villainous pirate Risky Boots, your quest is to travel the world in search of the components needed to conquer Sequin Land and defeat the Half-Genie brat!
    Game Features:

• The fan-favorite control scheme from Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse returns, placing a plethora of pirate skills right at your fingertips!

• Take on any world in any order!

• Slice your foes to ribbons with Risky’s Scimitar, or blast away with her Pistol!

• Collect and master Risky’s Pirate Gear! Bomb Shot, Grappling Hook, Hat Glide, Cannon Jump, and more!

• Deploy your Tinkerbat crewmen to turn the tide of battle!

• Collect Cursed Magic to customize Risky’s abilities any way you like!

• Includes brand new monsters and classic foes, now in HD!

• New puzzles, storylines, and game endings!

NOTE: This product was crowd-funded by fans that generously backed multiple tiers of bonus content, including this expanded content! Thank you to all of our Backers!

I will pick up this DLC at some do to Pirate's Curse being my favorite game in the series and playing as Risky should be quite nice.
    雪女
    Baby Yoshi
    Baby Yoshi

User Points : 4

Post by 雪女 Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:18 pm

This game is insanely fun, though I found it to be way too short. It would have been nice to have at least 3 or 4 more worlds to explore, but other than that WayForward definitely hit a home run with this. Music is kickass, gameplay has a lot of replayability, and the controls are flawless. I will admit though that some of the dialogue is a cringefest, but eh, maybe they were trying to appeal to the tween crowd??

I just got the Risky DLC and it is very fun!! Hoping to 100% sometime this week. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 pm

雪女 wrote:This game is insanely fun, though I found it to be way too short. It would have been nice to have at least 3 or 4 more worlds to explore, but other than that WayForward definitely hit a home run with this. Music is kickass, gameplay has a lot of replayability, and the controls are flawless. I will admit though that some of the dialogue is a cringefest, but eh, maybe they were trying to appeal to the tween crowd??

I just got the Risky DLC and it is very fun!! Hoping to 100% sometime this week. :3
    That's definitely not the first time I've heard the game is too short, and it honestly makes me more reluctant to spend $20 on it. But I did very much enjoy the other games in the series so I definitely think I may agree with you when I do end up playing it! Glad to hear some good thoughts.
    雪女
    Baby Yoshi
    Baby Yoshi

Post by 雪女 Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:
    雪女 wrote:This game is insanely fun, though I found it to be way too short. It would have been nice to have at least 3 or 4 more worlds to explore, but other than that WayForward definitely hit a home run with this. Music is kickass, gameplay has a lot of replayability, and the controls are flawless. I will admit though that some of the dialogue is a cringefest, but eh, maybe they were trying to appeal to the tween crowd??

That's definitely not the first time I've heard the game is too short, and it honestly makes me more reluctant to spend $20 on it. But I did very much enjoy the other games in the series so I definitely think I may agree with you when I do end up playing it! Glad to hear some good thoughts.
    I mean, if you look at franchises like Kirby they might be short games but they are really fun and addicting to the point where it really doesn't matter if you replay them a few times or not. I found that the Speedrun Trophy was very challenging to get, but it also made me think about how many secrets the development team put in the game with the level design in my opinion being incredibly, cleverly designed. Plus they do have the option to do Risky DLC now, which boosts up the number of different modes. And don't forget that funding is STILL going on for people who want more characters to play as, and I think WayForward said they want to do like half-year releases or something for these new modes?? Either way the game will definitely be worth it if more content is coming out, but I think $5 per DLC at this point is a much fairer price.

I think it's the best Shantae to date by far, the gameplay feels smooth and I think the way you switch your secondary weapons/spells in this one is hella easier (Although that could just be me hating handheld games, 'scuse my bias). Again it's short, but the DLC will add on. Just give it a little time. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:18 pm

雪女 wrote:
    Zero Revolution wrote:

I mean, if you look at franchises like Kirby they might be short games but they are really fun and addicting to the point where it really doesn't matter if you replay them a few times or not. I found that the Speedrun Trophy was very challenging to get, but it also made me think about how many secrets the development team put in the game with the level design in my opinion being incredibly, cleverly designed. Plus they do have the option to do Risky DLC now, which boosts up the number of different modes. And don't forget that funding is STILL going on for people who want more characters to play as, and I think WayForward said they want to do like half-year releases or something for these new modes?? Either way the game will definitely be worth it if more content is coming out, but I think $5 per DLC at this point is a much fairer price.

I think it's the best Shantae to date by far, the gameplay feels smooth and I think the way you switch your secondary weapons/spells in this one is hella easier (Although that could just be me hating handheld games, 'scuse my bias). Again it's short, but the DLC will add on. Just give it a little time. :3
    Of course! And I'm not docking the game for being on the shorter side, I think it's much better for a game (or really any form of media or entertainment) to be short but sweet than to be both awful and obscenely long. It's just hard to feel motivated to spend money on something that's only gonna give you a very short burst of enjoyment. But it DOES look like a great game and I very much look forward to giving it a go in the future. I especially think the Risky Boots DLC looks incredible. It's a nice change of pace.
    雪女
    Baby Yoshi
    Baby Yoshi

Post by 雪女 Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 am

The theme music is pretty catchy, though I wish they had some variations of it throughout the game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 pm

An ultimate version that includes the DLC will be getting a retail release on the Switch at some point.

I feel like they should have waited until they where done with all the DLC to release retail versions of the game for every system. With that said at least the Switch is getting the full package for anyone still holding off on the DLC.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:46 pm

So now I have more reason to wait and buy that than to go ahead and get the game on Wii U or PS4. I was actually considering buying it the other day, but I'm just gonna wait and play that version instead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:42 am