The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Page 2 Empty Re: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:15 pm

As far as we know, the pirate gear is basically a replacement for the animal transformations. She uses the gear instead, such as the hat which allows her to float/glide in the air.

And I will be disappointed if it doesn't release this year. But as long as it actually DOES release, then I'll be happy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Page 2 Empty Re: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:47 pm

It's been delayed. Sad

Matt wrote:Looking at sometime this winter for Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse. So Dec 21 – Mar 19 timeframe. A couple more months, best guess.

I'm glad that it's still coming, but I was expecting to play it this week. :/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has been delayed AGAIN.

Matt Bozon wrote:Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse will be in development for a couple more months while we add a few finishing touches. Almost there!

He keeps saying it's almost finished when it obviously isn't that close to being done. (at least the previous times he said it) I'm disappointed really, but as long as the game turns out to be a really good game, then it's not a big deal.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 pm

April seems like the best time to release this game. Though I could see it being delayed until Summer since there's no big 3DS games coming out then.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will also be coming to the Wii U eShop! Personally, I think that is great, but I'm still going to get the 3DS version instead since it seems like it was made for the 3DS. Still no release date though...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:14 pm

It looks like the game is coming sometime this Summer.

PR email wrote:Valencia, Calif. – 06/09/2014— WayForward is pleased to announce that Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse will available this summer in the Nintendo eShop for both the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system and the Wii U system.

Name: Shantae™ and the Pirate’s Curse
    Publisher/Developer: WayForward
    ESRB Rating: E10+, Fantasy Violence, Suggestive Themes
    Target Release Date: Late Summer 2014
    Platform: Nintendo 3DS™, Wii U™ (eShop only, Nintendo exclusive)
    Players: Single Player

The third game in the series marks the conclusion of the storyline (which began on the Game Boy in 2002) and is the biggest Shantae game to date, weighing in at more than double the content of its predecessor, Metacritic’s *handheld game of 2010: Shantae: Risky’s Revenge.

In this newest adventure, the hair-whipping belly dancer has lost her genie magic and fallen on hard times. When an evil curse befalls Sequin Land, Shantae must team up with the nefarious pirate Risky Boots to save the day. As a pirate, Shantae gains new weapons and abilities, including a flintlock pistol, powder cannon, scimitar, and even Risky’s boots. As Shantae, players will sail the Sequin Land Seas by ship, slay monsters, battle bosses, solve labyrinths, and maybe even restore Shantae’s magic in the process …if she can trust her deadliest enemy, that is!

The Nintendo 3DS version features an unprecedented level of stereoscopic detail and stunning character art by world famous IntiCreates. The Wii U version includes off-TV play and mixes HD illustrations with pixel-based sprites. Both versions feature touch-driven inventory and (by popular request) a real-time mapping system on the second screen.

I like the new items in this game and it keeps looking better. Also this is the best E3 update for me so fair.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm

This game looks fantastic! Can't wait to play it, even if it isn't releasing until late summer. Still, I guess it makes sense that it was delayed for so long, since it's also coming to Wii U now.

This is also the best E3 update for me so far, even if it is an indie game. (guess that says a lot about Microsoft, EA, and Ubisoft heheh...)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 pm

It looks like the is done now and a release date is coming soon.

That good that the game is done and that is coming out soon since the game was pushed back a few times.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Yay! Finally, I think they also said just a few days ago that it would be releasing in mid October, so it's not that long to wait now. After all those delays I'm glad it's finally done and coming soon. I've been waiting for it for a long time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:52 pm

This game will get an update around the time the New Nintendo 3DS comes out.

Go Nintendo wrote:'We're really excited about the New 3DS! We have an update for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse already underway, which will add a 'quick select' control scheme, as well as other minor improvements to the game. Look for that to arrive closer to the launch of the New 3DS in the US.'' - Matt Bozon, WayForward

Just to take away any more worries you might have, it is confirmed that the game will run 60 frames per second on a regular Nintendo 3DS. Even with 3D enabled!

Full story!

That good that the game will still run great on the 3DS but, it like more things will be added when the New Nintendo 3DS comes out.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:25 pm

I think that's a great idea, maybe you can easily choose your transformation with the C-Stick or something like that. I wonder if they'll add in a bit of extra content too...although I doubt it. (they have done it before with Mighty Switch Force though, so you never know)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse releases on Nintendo 3DS on October 23rd! It will be available on the eShop for $19.99. (Wii U version releases this winter apparently)

It took them WAY TOO LONG to develop the game, hopefully it'll live up to expectations. It looks really good.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:42 am

Here's the new trailer.

The game looks good but, it will sadly be on my backlog for a while.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Well the game is out now, I'm planning to download it later. Can't wait, should be good. (there were a few reviews, although I didn't really read through them...but the scores are good at any rate, as I'd expect Razz)

Anybody else planning to get it? I might be one of the only ones on here, but I have been wanting it for well over a year now, which is quite some time to wait for an indie game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:56 am