The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Page 3 Empty Re: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm

If anyone was planning to wait for the Wii U version's release, it will be available Christmas day! (December 25th) There are no extra features other than the HD graphics, so I'll pass as I already own the 3DS version.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Page 3 Empty Re: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 pm

I won't get the Wii U Version since I own the 3DS version and it sucks how nothing was added at all.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 pm

The 3DS version is on sale for a couple weeks! 25% off! (it's worth it at full price, $15 is a steal trust me)

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Page 3 B62f7nSCYAAczxm

Everyone should buy this. Such a great game, on sale makes it even better.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:21 pm

So I don't think it was mentioned but this game was released for PC back in April 23rd of this year. So I moved it here in General Gaming.

I just love this game! I bought it almost a year ago but I still need to finish it, I haven't gotten around to it. I'm on the last island. I'd recommend it, it's a really fun platformer. Has anyone here 100% completed it?

Last edited by SirFrozenFairy on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:21 pm

^ Me! I 100% completed it last year. It's not entirely worth it for the reward you get, but moreso for the sake of finding everything. It's not incredibly difficult to 100% once you're used to how the game plays but finding some of the squids can be a little hard.

But yeah fantastic game! I love it. It's certainly a huge improvement over the original and a pretty big Shantae comeback. (I never played Risky's Revenge but I've heard it's really short and not quite like a full Shantae game) Pretty hyped for Half-Genie Hero as well.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:41 am

I think the completion would be worth it regardless of the reward but whatever it is should be good. I can't remember what I'm missing in my file but I think I on;y had some heart squids left to find, some are well hidden. I may have all the Cacklebats but I probably missed one, I plan on collecting everything before I beat the game for the first time. My only complaint really is that the game is short, I really enjoyed everything else so far. I just need to finish it now.

Pirate's Curse is my first Shantae game so I'd like to play the other games in the series eventually. I think Half-Genie Hero will be fantastic as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 am