The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Gameguy1996
Snowy Yialina
Luma Party
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
9 posters

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm

He' does look like a Russian. I really like the look though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Sonic Boom for Wii U will be titled Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, and Sonic Boom for Nintendo 3DS will be titled Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. Here's some new info on the games:

SEGA wrote:

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric will deliver a different experience than past titles. The detailed levels and emphasis on each character’s unique abilities will showcase the distinctive feel of an action- adventure game, giving players more choice in exploration as they work as a team to stop the deadly snake-like ancient villain, Lyric, before he can power up his army. The gameplay will challenge players with over-the-top speed runs, but the heart of the game will focus on intense combat and brand-new abilities including the Enerbeam. This new feature in the game gives players an energy-charged cord that can be used by characters to navigate the world like never before. Players will be able to swing or zip-line across gaps, explore alternate paths, grab and throw enemies and take away their shields in combat.

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is a standalone adventure that shares key characters, events and lore of the Sonic Boom universe with exclusive environments and characters. For the first time ever, gamers will be able to take on the role of Sticks, the newest member of the team who will play an integral role in the story after her best friend Amy gets kidnapped by the ancient villain Lyric. While the Wii U version is focused on action-adventure and exploration, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal will place a bigger emphasis on platforming and puzzles. Additionally, unique collectibles featured in the Nintendo 3DS version will unlock special content on Wii U via Wi-Fi connectivity.

I think the way each version plays sounds like it will suit each console well. The Wii U version will be all about exploring, while the 3DS version seems to be more linear. (which is fitting for a handheld game) I'm not sure which one I'll get if I do get the game though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:26 pm

I will likely go with the Wii U one even if it does have some slow downs. I think Sega might be making a mistake with release date though since Pokemon OR/AS come out in November and Super Smash Bros for Wii U could also be a November release.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:08 am

I know quite a few people who actually like to explore in the old Sonic games to find some hidden goodies, so I think a game set for exploration is something they and I will enjoy quite a bit.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

Post by Snowy Yialina Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:58 am

I'm definitely getting the Wii U version! The game looks definitely not as good as Mario Kart 8 but it's good nevertheless. The slow downs, though are sad to hear but I'm sure they'll get patched up. I also think the November release is just for the 3DS version, and not the Wii U, considering how early it is in development...  
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:59 am

Both Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal will both be released on November 14th.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/creating-sonic-boom-rise-lyric-big-red-button/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm

I guess you were wrong then Yi, but it is nice to see both games releasing this year. I was thinking about getting it, but I might just wait since Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire also release that month. (and I'm sure there will be some other games too since November is a big month for games) The 3DS version sounds kind of like Metroid, so I might get that one.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Here are the box arts and the updated release dates.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 2 BtUjP6-IUAA-vT8

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 2 BtUlRW5CAAEiUSX

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric is due out Nov. 18th while Shattered Crystal is due out Nov. 11th. European dates are soon to be revealed.

Source

Rise of Lyric is not going to sell that great since Pokemon OR/ AS is coming out 3 days later and Super Smash Bros for Wii U is likely coming out in mid November.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm

I hate Sonic games' release dates. Razz
    Before, they released Sonic Lost World when Pokemon X/Y was released. (on the same day)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 pm

^ Yeah, but at least this is a bit farther away from Pokemon OR/AS' release dates. I love the boxarts for this game, but I doubt I'll wind up liking the game itself, so that's not good. Razz XD
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Just to note: I'm going to be updating this tomorrow with some of the new Sonic Boom stuff (unless someone beats me there) but, yeah. Won't be tonight as I'm too tired but I'll update in the morning unless, as I said happens Razz 

Hope everyone's well Smile
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Not sure what stuff you're talking about, but I guess I'll look forward to it.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:33 am

Zero Revolution wrote:Not sure what stuff you're talking about, but I guess I'll look forward to it.

Really?! There's been quite a lot of new stuff but okay! Hope everyone'll enjoy the update! Smile

Updating now!~ Smile
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal - Page 2 Empty Sonic Boom Trailers, Game Play and News Update!

Post by Snowy Yialina Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:40 am

I know this is a double post but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem for the circumstance here Smile

Okay! Hello, lovely people! I have masses of Sonic Boom stuff for all of you to see! From trailers to analysis videos, there's quite a heap of content to keep you wanting to get this game. So, without further ado, I will now list all of the trailers, then the game play videos, and then all the extra, juicy bits! Smile To note: I'll mostly be talking just about the Wii U one as the 3DS one is very limited in game play, trailers and what not but some videos will have a bit of the 3DS version Smile

First, we have the latest Sonic Boom trailer from the E3, in case anyone had missed that!

Second, we have the Sticks character trailer Smile

After that, we then have another trailer Smile

And, lastly, we have the Gamescom trailer, which shows off a few new levels, some new gameplay, Metal Sonic, a few other returning characters and a bit more of the story line! Smile 

Now, on to the game play! This will try and be in order but I apologise if it isn't, completely.

Firstly, we have some game play from E3 by IGN, which showcases the Obstacle Course stage Smile

Here we have some more game play from E3 by Nintendo World Report, which showcases the Obstacle Course (which now looks even better, graphically), the Eggman Boss and, lastly, the Scrapyard-like area after the Jungle segment, featuring only Sonic and Knuckles as Amy and Tails went their own separate way.

Next, we have some more game play from E3 by Nintendo World Report, which showcases only Amy and Sonic in this Aquatic Base-like stage. 

Here, we have a quick preview by Polygon from the June period, which showcases a bit of every stage that was in the demo. 

Here we have some more game play of just the Scrapyard-like stage from E3 by Gamexplain Smile 

Lastly, we have some game play from Animic Sonic (just some random YouTuber) at San Diego Comic Con featuring the Obstacle Course stage again but it looks slightly different. Maybe just a different part of it? To note: It looks like the graphics have been improved a bit but the quality of the video is too poor to show the improvements...

That's all of the game play now! So, lastly, we have a few juicy bits to see! Smile

The analysis of the E3 trailer by Gamexplain for both the Wii U and 3DS. Smile

Sonic Boom Rise Of Lyric (Wii U) screen shots and concept art by Gamexplain! Smile

More Sonic Boom screenshots by Gamexplain! Smile

And, lastly, I have a few more juciy bits for you all here! I won't bother explaining, as it'll ruin it, so just check them out! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AO1L9P7TPI&list=UUUNYWmlvdPYcFlrs3a1EfPg&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5cuMSpHCQ&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUUNYWmlvdPYcFlrs3a1EfPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUUNYWmlvdPYcFlrs3a1EfPg&v=YJiFGdSqFOo&feature=player_detailpage

Well, that's me almost done with this here update but I'd like to mention a few things. 

With Sonic Boom only just around the corner, more and more information will be released about the game, so I highly recommend you subscribe to, Tails Channel. He can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/TailsChannel

He's been doing an awesome job on broadcasting and staying in touch with all of the Sonic Boom news, whether it be minuscule rumours or masses of game play videos, or just more information, he's great for all that! Gamexplain has been lacking a lot with a lot of the recent Sonic Boom news, so Matt of Tails Channel (one I just linked you to) will be an awesome source for information regarding Sonic Boom! Smile

Well, that's me all done with this update! I really hope you have all enjoyed it and that it has been good enough for you and has possibly brought you to like this game a little more. It is packed with lots of great content, so hopefully! 

Anyways... Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoy your day! This is Yi finished with the update. Have a lovely day, lovely people! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:50 pm